• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Black Screen/ No Display AMD FX 8120 HIS Radeon 6850

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Bidgbob, since the days of the Athlon 64 X2 there is only one (yes "1") core temp sensor on the CPU die. The reporting software, whether it be HWMonitor or Speedfan just repeats the reading from that one sensor x number of times at a fixed interval. "x" standing for the number of cores present on in the CPU.

Also, when you leave the green stuff enabled, it makes it impossible for us to know what your CPU core voltage or frequency really is when you take a pic of CPU-z "CPU" tab at idle. I still recommend turning it all off.

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum. I have the same motherboard but I'm running a 3.4ghz AMD Triple core (Rana) Athlon II X3 460. I was thinking of upgrading to the OP's processor as well, since it offers great performance at an affordable price. It also has great reviews online. I'm not looking to spend a lot of cash as I just recently started playing games on my laptop. I'm not a serious gamer.

Bidgbob, did you ever figure out what the problem with your PC was? I'm hoping I don't run into the same problem with the same Mobo/CPU Combo.

Last edited:
There has been no word from the thread starter in nearly 1/2 year and doubt there will be. You would do much better to begin a thread of your own since more might view it.

By the way he never mentioned getting stable after bios flash but only that the cpu worked then. Nothing else was said.

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum. I have the same motherboard but I'm running a 3.4ghz AMD Triple core (Rana) Athlon II X3 460. I was thinking of upgrading to the OP's processor as well, since it offers great performance at an affordable price. It also has great reviews online. I'm not looking to spend a lot of cash as I just recently started playing games on my laptop. I'm not a serious gamer.

Bidgbob, did you ever figure out what the problem with your PC was? I'm hoping I don't run into the same problem with the same Mobo/CPU Combo.

its a mobo problem.. msi 760-gm p23 doesn't really supports 125w processors
so change your mobo immediately before u damage your precious x8

Back