• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Build Log] - Phantom Skies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Although I don't see any good way to rinse her out without getting water all over the card.

How'd you rinse your 780 hydro?

Just plug the two holes you won't use with the G1/4 plugs, hook a fitting and short bit of tube to one opening, then pour water through.

Ok so I'm slightly concerned, below is the hose fitted on a compression fitting, and then with the compression 'cap' over it - shown is the maximum the cap will screw in over the tube - I feel like it should go in farther, please let me know if I'm wrong.

I had to dip the hose in hot water to even get it on the fitting, but I believe that's normal.

The hose ID & OD didn't measure out exactly the size it's supposed to be, but I don't know how close it is supposed to be or if that's what's causing the 'problem'

Hose fit.jpg
Clamp range.jpg

Yes :chair:

Is it supposed to only go that far hand-tight and then the rest of the way with a vice grip?

I used this:

attachment.php

Ah ok, so I do use tools to finish tightening it.

"It's my first time doing this" :chair:

It was mine too, I just wasn't comfortable with finger tightening either.
Those flats are an exact mm wrench size, but I forgot which one :rolleyes:

It was mine too, I just wasn't comfortable with finger tightening either.
Those flats are an exact mm wrench size, but I forgot which one :rolleyes:

I should be able to just pad an adjustable vice grip with a thin microfiber cloth and that'll do the trick. I appear to have every wrench size on earth except the two I need :rain:

Will press on!! :salute:

Small update: Got all the fittings in place, just need to install the GPU and plumb everything up. Then on to leak testing!

Top Rad:CPU Fittings.jpg
Bottom Rad Fittings.jpg
Res Fittings.jpg

Mmmm looks tasty :D

One thing, be sure to double-check flow direction through the CPU block.
Not sure if anyone mentioned that it does have a dedicated In and Out port.

Mmmm looks tasty :D

One thing, be sure to double-check flow direction through the CPU block.
Not sure if anyone mentioned that it does have a dedicated In and Out port.

Yep! The top-right port on the 2nd picture is labeled the Inlet port, and it's getting fed directly from the dual-bay res pump outlet :D

Yep! The top-right port on the 2nd picture is labeled the Inlet port, and it's getting fed directly from the dual-bay res pump outlet :D

Figured you had it covered :)
Never hurts to double-check on the little things though!

Update: Finished the plumbing!!

I can't say the pics truly do it justice, I'm very happy with the runs! :D

Now it's time to fill, bleed, and leak test - wish me luck!

PlumbUp1.jpg

PlumbDown1.jpg

Looks great!

Don't forget that your PSU came with a 24-pin jumper just for the fill/bleed process :)

Back