• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Build Log] - Phantom Skies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm just hoping after all this that I don't have any leaks. Haha

Papertowels :thup:

I had an odd phenomenon with one of my QDCs where I connected it pretty slowly and a couple of drops of water got caught in the shell.
I thought it was leaking, but it wasn't.

I had an odd phenomenon with one of my QDCs where I connected it pretty slowly and a couple of drops of water got caught in the shell.
I thought it was leaking, but it wasn't.

I'll keep that in mind.

I was pretty diligent with tightening everything properly and taking my time, so I'm hoping for no issues, but yes, paper towels for sure ;)

I'll keep that in mind.

I was pretty diligent with tightening everything properly and taking my time, so I'm hoping for no issues, but yes, paper towels for sure ;)

It's easy to clean up any leaks :)
Just takes a little time with everything off.

I just realized the jumper doesn't go straight into the power supply, but into the MB head of the 24-pin, which I already have plugged in. Can I just use a paper clip to jump the MB 24 pin directly in the power supply, or will I just have to pull out the MB 24 pin header?
I asked because it's difficult enough to pull out without yanking on the wires, but now it's got a tube above it :/

Edit: I got it out.

Last edited:
Well I'm filling the loop, and there is an initial leak at the QDC screwed into the pump outlet at the back of the reservoir. I'm trying to tighten it, but it's impossible to reach it with the wrench and it's hand tight, so I'm not sure.

I suppose it's either too tight or too loose, but I can't make it any tighter I don't think.
I could always try disconnecting the QDC and reconnecting it.

Ohhhh, well, that complicates things.

Well I disconnected the QDC and it appears to be the male QDC attachment isn't screwed tight enough into the male 1/4" thread adapter.
So I'm going to drain the res and unscrew that half of the QDC from the pump and make the necessary tightening - hopefully that'll work. If not, I may just have to order another male QDC ending.

Well I disconnected the QDC and it appears to be the male QDC attachment isn't screwed tight enough into the male 1/4" thread adapter.
So I'm going to drain the res and unscrew that half of the QDC from the pump and make the necessary tightening - hopefully that'll work. If not, I may just have to order another male QDC ending.

Best of luck! Hopefully the cap was just a touch loose.

Back