• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Calling All PhotoChoppers.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amarkarian

Well, for a website im building i am in the proccess of creating the logo. now i have sort of an idea of what i want.

but that looks a bit sloppy. and doesnt look good at all when i resize it. so
there is a guide here http://www.pslover.com/click/6457 that shows how to make that globe image but i cant figure it out. is it possible to use that guide and make an image like mine? is there a better way to do this? can someone help me do it?

thanks.

I had to look rather close to notice that you were using emoticons for the continents. Since I assume there's a reason for this, I would recommend using larger images (especially if you intend to scale the image smaller than that...).

Since I assume you're not doing this with vector-graphics, I recommend you create the logo at a much higher resolution (if it's ever going to be used in printing, for instance, 300dpi is common - keep the maximum size/resolution of whatever medium it will ever be used on in mind)

It would also probably look better if the 'continents' were spherized. The 'continents' also appear to have a blurry edge - I would recommend redoing that and making sure to keep the edge cleaner.

Additionally, the pattern you're using might look better with a black/transparent background (this moreso a personal preference...).

pdehn said:
I had to look rather close to notice that you were using emoticons for the continents. Since I assume there's a reason for this, I would recommend using larger images (especially if you intend to scale the image smaller than that...).

Since I assume you're not doing this with vector-graphics, I recommend you create the logo at a much higher resolution (if it's ever going to be used in printing, for instance, 300dpi is common - keep the maximum size/resolution of whatever medium it will ever be used on in mind)

It would also probably look better if the 'continents' were spherized. The 'continents' also appear to have a blurry edge - I would recommend redoing that and making sure to keep the edge cleaner.

Additionally, the pattern you're using might look better with a black/transparent background (this moreso a personal preference...).

yeah i want to do that stuff but i dont know how to follow that instruction page, can anybody thats good at photoshop recreate that logo, but put the smilies in the begining?

Back