• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can FX-8150 Easily get 4.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BLY

Registered
If I were to use TurboV Evo
to auto overclock it. to reach 4.1 GHZ at all 8 cores.
While using the H100 at max button touches.

I don't currently have these items but getting the following very soon, and thought Id come here to ask you guys.

AMD's Famous FX-8150 Black Edition 8 Core CPU
Asus Crosshair V 990+ Am3+ Made for Overclocking
8GB Corsair Vegeance 1600mhz
HAF 932 Full Advanced Tower - With USB 3.0
H100 Cooler
Logitech G19
WD 2TB sata 3
Corsair 850 Watt PSU.

That CPU should attain 4.1 without much problem using the supporting cast you list but I certainly would encourage you to consider doing the overclocking manually in bios rather than one of those bios "genies" or Windows software either one. Only bios will give you an overclock that is at once high, stable and balanced (balanced meaning getting a good overclock on the CPU and the memory). We're here to help you with that if you're willing.

Alright Thanks. That bios has tons of stuff in it and I don't want to ya know F it up.
Currently have an OEm 2008-09 machine.
So any assistance on helping me get to 4.1 in BIOS then -b4 I even get these items.
OR shall I wait then contact someone.?

If you have an OEM machine it will have little or no overclocking options so it would not be helpful as a primer. Wait until you get all the parts and get them assembled.

Ight Thank you Very Much. I hope to come back in 2-3 weeks for more awesome help and overclocking :)

My 8120 goes to 4.0 GHz without touching the vCore. I would guess 8150 would go atleast to 4.2 GHz.

Last edited:
hey mate dont waste money on the Asus Crosshair V 990+ Am3+ Made for Overclocking

take a look at the asrok fatal1ty, briliant board and does all the same ****

o_O It does on Air lol. Cool
Well its coming soon, Iv'e got the Case just waiting for the parts.

im running 4,2ghz atm do to the Load Line Control in my mobo i had to go down a bit not to risk the hardware..

but i reached stabile 4,2ghz with 1extra tap in voltage :) and with a nice core temp of 41* celsius Max with my custom watercool loop

Well to share with you about what I'm wanting out of this system.
Is too be able to play Battlefield 3 on ultra with Ease(Sorry Didnt mention in first post but I has 6950 2GB XFX.CDFC)
while frapsing in the background at full size 1680 x 1050.
Then decompressing the files smaller. Then onto youtube.

Also play many other high end games like GTA 4 On Full Size 1680 x 1050. Fraps. Not maxed out.
Another accomplishment is using windows aero consitantly Grr hate using Classic :p
Then any new upcoming games.

hmm well with my setup i can run BF3 @ Ultra with stock clocks but with clocked i just get more juice that will be needed in a game like 64players BF3 maps :) but the only thing ive seen the 8120 BE lacks is physics points BUT when i clocked mine it got asmuch Physics as the i5 2500k and the other ratings from cpu that already beated the i5 went Chuck norris style lol in a 3dmark 11 i get 5572points which im quite happy about i guess you should be able to tweak something like that aswell :)?

unless ur using Aircool i guess it can get quite hot..

hmm well with my setup i can run BF3 @ Ultra with stock clocks but with clocked i just get more juice that will be needed in a game like 64players BF3 maps :) but the only thing ive seen the 8120 BE lacks is physics points BUT when i clocked mine it got asmuch Physics as the i5 2500k and the other ratings from cpu that already beated the i5 went Chuck norris style lol in a 3dmark 11 i get 5572points which im quite happy about i guess you should be able to tweak something like that aswell :)?

unless ur using Aircool i guess it can get quite hot..

Well did u read first post about me having the H100 :salute:

I'm not going to benchmark my CPU its unessary unless u want to try 5.0 ghz.
Im sure IF I threw it at 4.1-4.4 ghz I can get it good enough to reach Ultra + recording @ 64 players.
This will be the same thread when I Want to overclock it.
Lets just hope this doesnt Occur >>> :comp: :fight:

Yea a UEFI bios and Black Edition_
Which If I'm correct black edition comes with excess software for you to overclock which is not reccomended.
So BIOS overclocking Im going to do.

im quite certain that the H100 will do a ok job and making a 4,2ghz clock i can assure you is easy, but for the moment im staying at 4,2ghz due to the fact im running both GPU and CPU on a 240.. just stay away from the FSB in this case it is the "Dark side of the force" :D
but id say go for a Black Edition since they have 16mb cache and ive seen reviews that was with a 12mb cache and tbh why take the risk :)

im quite certain that the H100 will do a ok job and making a 4,2ghz clock i can assure you is easy, but for the moment im staying at 4,2ghz due to the fact im running both GPU and CPU on a 240.. just stay away from the FSB in this case it is the "Dark side of the force" :D
but id say go for a Black Edition since they have 16mb cache and ive seen reviews that was with a 12mb cache and tbh why take the risk :)

K dude Please read previous posts :facepalm: :)

My 8150 did 4.2 with stock voltage and a stock NH-D14. 4.4 with a little more voltage and slightly faster fans. 4.6 now on air with several heavy duty fans. But mine is a high leakage CPU and it starts to run a little hot so that's about it for me. Waiting for Vishera.

OK you guys hold your pants up while I wait for my packaging to come ( 2-3 days from now) Cool u got that high this must be good processor.

Using the automated overclock will give you 4GHz stable, to go higher you'll want to do it manually.

I also don't have 2 extra fans for push pull configuration inside the H100 and what should I do with the top case fan inside the H100 and I could'nt find any youtube video's on how to install the h100 inside the HAf 932.

Back