• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can FX-8150 Easily get 4.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I've had this computer for a few weeks now.

Currently running fx-8150 at 4189.26 Ghz
Running my 6950 2GB CDFC at Stock with 70% fan speed.

All cores are unlocked

been playing battlefield 3 lately and not evening avgering 60fps on low.
My h100 has all 3 led's lighted up. bios is 1301.all drivers up to date.
Everything in background that needs to be off is off.

I'm thinking about crossfire,
but wondering if graphics card is good, I just got the card in like jan-february.
It seems bad. Running CCC 12.4

Can anyone give me a good profile to have?

Also my ram is @667mhz in CPU-z any reason that could be.
The timings are right in the BIOS.
Should'nt it say 1600 mhz. As thats what ram I bought.

What do I have to do to reach 4.5ghz CPu without using multiplier.:fight:

#1 please be sure "cool and quiet and apm are disabled in bios
#2 increase the voltage a little and adjust the multi to attain 4.5.
if you do not wish to adjust the multi you can raise the fsb form 200 to whatever you need.
raise the fsb by 8 at a time if not adjusting in the bios or you risk a crash.

if you do not wish to adjust the multi you can raise the fsb form 200 to whatever you need.

i dont know for sure if this goes for all boards but in my case my cool&quiet does not affect my performance so i can still save the chip abit while overclocked (this is tested with several benchies ) :) but all my greentech thingies are off!

Those 2 things are off.

There are several voltage regulators in my crosshair v. Which 1 is it.

My 8120 also does 4.1Ghz at default voltage (1.3V), YMMV of course. Pushing mine past 4.1 requires big voltage jumps I've found, 4.4Ghz requires ~1.41V to be stable.

@BLY Go for 4.2-4.4 GHz. Setting LLC to 75% allows you to lower the voltage really low on new Asus AM3+ motherboards.

My FX-8120 does 4.0 GHz @ 1.237 V, 4.2 GHz @ 1.275 V and 4.4 GHz 1.337 V with LLC 75%. On 4.2 GHz core temperatures are max 51C on prime with inaudible 700-900rpm fans :)

Last edited:
It seems impossible to get CPU/NB to 2.4-2.6 GHz atleast with my motherboard, also it doesn't affect performance much, maybe 100pts on 3DMark 11 and + 1 Gb/sec / 4.0 ns lower latency on MaxxMem2.

One usefull thing you might want to try is CPU/NB undervolting. AMD FX-8120/8150 specs had default CPU/NB voltage 1.1 V and my motherboard had it 1.21 V on default so I tried to lower it to 1.1 V and it was stable on prime95 overnight. It had slight impact on temperatures :)

AMD_5ghzVantage_2.png
[/IMG]

Hi everybody
I looking for a benchmark that show NV560 beat ATI 68xx. So i can buy NV 560.(borrow to test only, not make decision yet)
if there have any i can download. Please
Thanks

Ok guys Bump this cuz I need some assistance for some more Overclocking so what is the exact name for The voltage bumper wheres it located cuz there are several things in the bios that say voltage

you want to set cpu voltage to manual mode.
the i think you will see the choice to set the voltage yourself.

Back