• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cant overclock no matter what

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lumbeechief

I hate that I attempt to overclock my phenom II 960T blackedition even at under 10c I still couldnt achive 4.5 ghz stable WTF WTF i only can get 4.3 on this chip why oh why., I tried so many voltages even the highest it will go which is 1.9volts still wrong, screw whoever got this cpu past 4.5ghz, I have good motherboard msi 990fxa gd65, and enough psu wattage antac 620watts, I hate my chip, why I had to get bad one :( screw u newegg
also I can only unlock this chip to 5cores which explains that my cpu sucks.:temper:

4.3 GHZ on a PII 960 is pretty good. Anyone going past that is either running extreme cooling or they have not reached proper stability. You never mentioned what kind of cooling you were using or what your temps were while under full load. 1.9v ...... CD will be impressed.

cant overclock not matter what
Wow I didn't realize the stock clocks on the 960T was 4.3 ;)

I hate that I attempt to overclock my phenom II 960T blackedition even at under 10c
Are you saying you were cooling it sub ambient?
I tried so many voltages even the highest it will go which is 1.9volts still wrong, screw whoever got this cpu past 4.5ghz
Sometimes brute force isn't the best approach.
I hate my chip, why I had to get bad one screw u newegg
4.3 is a pretty good OC not a bad chip. How is it Neweggs fault?

Screw others because you cannot? Humh? You pay for 4 cores and are angry because you do not get 6? Humh. 1.9Vcore may kill that poor cpu and you will not have to worry about it at all.

i don't give a care about 6 cores RGone :argue: I just want 4.5ghz, and am using liquid nitrogen and still cant overclock, I say i can unlock to 5 cores only and i don't care about 6, I just think why i cant overclock cause this cpu ain't fully capable cause the 6 core dead proves it

turn off the bad cores, and start working with all the good ones. it's possible, as it was in my case, that the best cores might not even be the ones enabled by default.

i did this to get wife's 960t to hit a stable 4.1 ghz o.c..
Bus is at 240, HT at 2400, NB at 2400. Ram at 1600 9-9-9-24. Processor is at 4080 MHz. CPU vCore is 1.43 . NB is at at 1.3 V

i don't give a care about 6 cores RGone :argue: I just want 4.5ghz, and am using liquid nitrogen and still cant overclock, I say i can unlock to 5 cores only and i don't care about 6, I just think why i cant overclock cause this cpu ain't fully capable cause the 6 core dead proves it

How about this, post a picture of your setup for us to take a look at. As well as list your current overclock settings.

I simply do not think you are running LN2, much less know what you are talking about. You paid for a quad core cpu, why would you expect it to unlock to 6 cores? If what you were wanting was something to push under ln2, why not grab an i5 or i7? Also, if you were running ln2, you do realize that you would not be able to run that 4.5GHz under ln2 24/7, correct?

You are buying a 4 core 3Ghz cpu that MAY be able to Overclock AND OR may unlock to 6 cores.

This could be a motherboard issue with CB CBB. or Cold Boot Cold Bios Bug.

My Sabo 990FX Rev 1.0 has this freeking problem. No post restart hang post, w/e you name it until I put the water block back on.

-125c and 1.85v did nothing on FX for me personally and the 960T I had wouldn't clock on LN2 with this board either. I did however have better luck with a Mini ATX board and was able to accomplish 6+ ghz with a 955BE (I think it was that one! lol) and clocked my 960T @ 4250mhz stable daily. 4.4ghz was about the max and also had the same problem with core # 4 not turning on. Would hang on the splash screen at post.

There's more to OCing a Cpu than just the Cpu. The other parts need to like the cold too. ;)

again people I don't care about 6 cores, I just want to reach 4.5ghz on liquid nitrogen and cant, man look at the overclock world records on youtube with liquid nitrogen 8ghz FX processor or 6ghz i7 compared to me i cant even reach 4.5 ghz, I disabled the bad cores am left with 1 and 2 still cant do 4.5ghz, volts are 1.9 highest it will go while my computer is still cold 10c I wish I was the one with the good cpu that overclocks good, i wish every Cpu same model wasn't different and clocks the same, why cant amd test the black edition cpus at high clocks at the factory before they sell them. , by the way i got this cpu 2 years ago

So you are only running at 10c with liquid nitrogen? Why not -196c?

What are you using for a pot? And your insulation?

lumbeechief, some chips just aren't capable of do X overclock it's just the silicon lottery so to speak. This is not to say yours cannot OC past 4.5 but it may not. There are other components that are involved that are also necessary, such as a good motherboard. In addition as I said before, brute force may not be the best way of going about it and yes it does take skills to really push a Cpu into it's upper regions. A list of the hardware your using would be helpful.

:soda::beer::popcorn: this should be entertaining.

Last edited:
So you are only running at 10c with liquid nitrogen? Why not -196c?

What are you using for a pot? And your insulation?

My thoughts exactly, which I asked for setup pics in the last post I made, lol.

my hardware is
motherboard: MSI 990FXA GD-65
RAM: 8gb dual channel ddr3 1600mhz GSkill ripjaws X
PSU: antec neo 620c
GPU: Radeon 7850 2gb
Am running cpu multipler x23
with Ht link speed at 2400mhz
bus speed 200mhz
max TDP is 107watts for some odd reason
cpu volts is 1.905v
every other volts is not touched.

Man I do dig the Vcore!!!!!
(come with us, we know the way)(in the voice of obi-wan Kenobi).

You're wasting your time. Once you take away the 40% BS factor, the OP has nothing to show you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back