• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chimp Challege 2009 Info and Rules!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What about Adak for Captain!? :D

Not that DB isn't a good choice... I just know Adak takes a vested interest in the Team's success in this yearly challenge.

So after reading this thread I still don't see the point....

To fold under a monkey user name because.........

Edit: Might be more interested if we were a contender. But honestly 2.5 million points per day back (from EVGA) and you want to race to 20 million? Still don't see the point.

Last edited:

To fold under a monkey user name because.........:screwy::screwy::screwy:

Edit: Might be more interested if we were a contender. But honestly 2.5 million points per day back (from EVGA) and you want to race to 20 million? Still don't see the point.

Not everybody on a team does it. If the million point a day guys join it, pretty much everybody else is likely to drop out. If they don't join in, it will probably be a fun challenge.

It is supposed to be a fun break in the folding grind.

Enjoy it or not. :beer:

Not everybody on a team does it. If the million point a day guys join it, pretty much everybody else is likely to drop out. If they don't join in, it will probably be a fun challenge.

It is supposed to be a fun break in the folding grind.

Enjoy it or not. :beer:

Well your right, if the +1 million ppd users do not join then yes, it could be interesting.

"Third'ed" ;)

Adak always has been courteous and receptive to courtesy.....represents the team well.

Well your right, if the +1 million ppd users do not join then yes, it could be interesting.

Team 32 is definitely a contender, we are known for being a very powerful small bunch and having a look at the top 10 team's top 20 list we have the highest PPD needed (32,000) to break in, I think we're gonna win this and it will be good PR for our team ;) Of the teams actually Folding@home we are one of the best.

4ths for Adak

Adak what say yee??? Can you fit Captaincy in to your busy schedule?

Sweet! So we're good to go with Dark Bishop and T32Monkeys?
Bt give us a day to work this out...we may want to start with a fresh name. We will do this as fast as we can!:beer:

Last edited:
Game on, this may will be a kick up the *** for most members of the forum to get the folding! The PS3, laptop and GPU will be picking up pace when this kicks in!

I would like to nominate Torin3 to be our Captain, I believe he has a great aptitude for this.

In this case, winning really isn't everything - in fact, it'll get you nothing but bragging rights. OK, a "lucky" jaded monkey pic, and bragging rights.

What it does is give us a short break from folding for ourselves, and spices up the forums and the folding, for the teams involved. It's odd, but it does get some buzz going, and that can only be good for Folding@Home.

We're not a contender once the million point boys get into the race, and you just *know* that's going to happen - they couldn't stay as folding heroes if they turned a deaf ear to their team's cry for *help*, could they?

I'm sure our team will be right in the mix with the teams which don't have quite that high a folding production. < Hopefully! >

So it's like running a marathon for a charity like March of Dimes. You don't worry that you probably aren't going to win - because everyone who runs, makes the whole event, a winner.

I also think we need to use the same team name from last year. There are a lot of team 32 members who work very hard just to make it into the top 100 and onto page one. By reusing last years team name we keep one more spot open in the top 100 for an actual team member.

I also think we need to use the same team name from last year. There are a lot of team 32 members who work very hard just to make it into the top 100 and onto page one. By reusing last years team name we keep one more spot open in the top 100 for an actual team member.

That's a good suggestion, because whatever name we use, that name will be in our top 100 folders, for a very long time.

We could use another name, like T32Chimps, but then we'd have *two* names from the CC in our top 100, instead of just one.

If you have a preference on this, either way, be sure and let our new team captain know about it, before the decision is made for a team folding handle.

Just checking on what exactly is involved, as I've got some time constraints going on, but if you crazy monkeys really want me, I guess you've got me. :screwy:

I also think T32Monkeys is a good choice. We will never start off with 0 points, no matter what name we choose, so what difference does it make starting off with a few hundred thousand points, or 5 million some points as our starting number?

Back