• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chimp Challege 2009 Info and Rules!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'll go with what ever the cosensus is.

There is another option that would give us a better chance for winning tho.
It would also not put another name in the top 100.

....If we used Chasr's name...just a thought....

Chasr would not have to do any client switching then and he stays in the same spot on the chart and no one else gets passed.

Not a bad idea.
I'm good with that or T32Monkeys.

Adak, were you declining the nomination? I'm cool with you or Torin--just wondering which one of you is actually accepting nomination, lol.

I would like Torin to be our captain. I post a bit much, anyway. ;)

I also want whomever our captain is, to get the rules changed just a bit.

1) We use EOC stats 1:00 pm update (PST, which is their 3 pm update since EOC is in the Midwest), and *NOT* use Stanford stats, as our points reference. Starting and stopping.

Last year, we lost thousands of points because Stanford stats was unavailable just when we needed them, to help set our starting points for the race. This year, Stanford's stats are no more available than they were last year.

Completely unacceptable.

2) Jason at EOC did stats last year for the CC, but they were out of synch with the real race figures, because we didn't start when EOC synch's up with new data from Stanford.

We start the race an hour and 10 minutes later - and we get a huge benefit.

SeaDave has always done fine graphs for us, but IMO you can't beat Jason's graphs on EOC. Also, the CC site will have HUGE traffic this year, with so many big teams involved in the race. We know that EOC stats will be able to handle the network load, no problem.

I second using ChasR for our team racing name, brilliant!

Oh... OK, I see now... I'm fine with using ChasR... not sure everyone else would be though.

I think it's nice to have a neutral name that doesn't influence any one person's standings and doesn't inhibit any races going on between parties... however, no one on this Team in any recent time frame is going to pass ChasR... and I think it would be of great service and respect to pay him back for all the knowledge, help, and Folding production he has given us over the years with some Folding production of our own. :)

...and pay him back is a relative term here, I don't think many of us would be able to afford the man's Edison bill. ;)

I'm all in... :thup:

I love the Chimp Challenge.

It's got monkeys and poo jokes. If it only had beer, I'd never do anything else.

Wow, I think using ChasR would be great, will he mind you think? Maybe we'll put him ahead of the blade servers for a couple weeks ;)

He's at 80mil, we'd push him well in to 100mil and I think it would be a fun and nice way to thank him for all his help.

I'll Pm Chasr and ask if its Ok.

If any of the Top folks object...well we could use their names next year,and the year after.

Edit Chasr you have a PM

Last edited:
Update and Bump:

We're in the CC race, our racing name is: T32monkeys

Last edited:
New to this folding thing but definitely in.

To those who said there is no point if we can't win, its the journey not the end.

:welcome: DBZ!

Are you looking to maximize your points?

Harlam's new monitoring software should help you keep an eye on your SMP and GPU clients, quite nicely.

If you have any questions about the install guides for any client, speak right up, OK?

FAH races are usually a lot of fun, and it's all for a good purpose, anyway.

bump... are all these names in the Top Post even correct?

Where's the info peeps? :) Where's the "official" stats tracking page - etc. - etc. - etc.?

I've asked for the tracking page URL. It will apparently be Seadave's, and the stats are going to be pulled from Stanford directly, the same way EOC gets them. Hopefully they will get us a URL soon. If I understand it right, Xilikon from [H] is the one working with Stanford and Vijay on getting the direct numbers.

8 hours to go :)

EDIT: 6 hours. Damn complicated timezones.

Back