• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Collection of Memory Chips...what you should know!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My sticks of CH-5 may do better then the average CH-5 because they were speed binned, but the general idea is CH-5 can also respond well to volts. I find that the volatage increase from 2.6 to 2.8v don't yield any particular gains, but when you pass the 3.0v barrier the ram starts to behave a lot like BH-6. It is not uncommon for CH-5 to run 220-230 2-2-2-X with 3.0-3.3vdimm.

I just found some oldish generic ram I had lying around and it turns out it can do 268mhz, just as your guide says.

Good old Hynix D43!

Just want to say that the Mosels Collin was talking about are the V58C2256804SAT5B. They typically will max out around 210-220 w/ 2-3-2-X or 2-3-3-X @2.8~2.9vdimm.

I was about to buy the Corsair XMS 3200C2 but notcied they used this chip:
Mosel Ram Chips Vitelic 5ns. I currently have my 512 3200 generic at 5:4 with CPU at 252 mhz. After reading ur thoughts on this Mosel Ram Chip, i realised this RAM wont even go to 250mhz at 1:1. This sucks. Previously rev verisons of the Corsair XMS 3200 C2 used TCCD!!!

f1re said:
I was about to buy the Corsair XMS 3200C2 but notcied they used this chip:
Mosel Ram Chips Vitelic 5ns. I currently have my 512 3200 generic at 5:4 with CPU at 252 mhz. After reading ur thoughts on this Mosel Ram Chip, i realised this RAM wont even go to 250mhz at 1:1. This sucks. Previously rev verisons of the Corsair XMS 3200 C2 used TCCD!!!

If you are looking to achieve 250mhz fsb, I would go with a Hynix D43 based module. If you can afford it, TCCD would be ideal, but D43 is pretty inexpensive these days and will get you to 250mhz.

-Collin-

Uh Lets say i found a shop selling a XMS 3200 C2 rev 1.1. According to a ram list i found, all rev1.1 of this series are winbond BH-6. Is this for sure? Casue if i buy this rev1.1 with a winbond BH-6 chip, i am going to feed it 3.0v + volts.....even though somthing that high will usually kill somthing! Just making sure, the lists say all rev1.1 are using winbond BH-6. Is this 100% that the ram is using a winbond BH-6, chip? casue i dont want to take off the heatspreaders.

Nothing is gauranteed 100%. But, what it is saying, is that as far as these enthusiasts know, they are all BH-6 memory chips. It is pretty certain....VERY certain actually. There really aren't any other chips rated at 2-2-2-6 other than bh-5. I think it is a very safe bet.

-Collin-

NinjaZX6R said:
Thanks lol. She knows nothing about memory though :(

-Collin-
Don't kid yourself, Collin. Every time you do something she doesn't like, she will remember and remind you from time to time to keep you on your toes. :)

mx101 said:
how can i tell what kind od ram i have. what are the differenties between DDR and so fourth :shrug:

Pretty much its labeled on the acually memory chips. Usually its a 15ish number/letter code.

Differances between standard DDR is mostly speed, and latencies.

PC2100 = 133mhz FSB (older pentiums and athlon cpus)
PC2700 = 166mhz fsb (original P4s, most athlon XP CPUS)
PC3200 = 200mhz fsb (newer P4s, Athlon xp3200, A64's)
PC3500 = 218mhz fsb (basically memory that can run 1:1 ratio with 200mhz fsb processors @218mhz fsb)
PC3700 = 231mhz FSB (same as above, but can run 1:1 faster)
PC4000 = 250mhz FSB (same as above, but can run 1:1 faster)
PC4200 = 262mhz FSB (same as above, but can run 1:1 faster)
PC4400 = 275mhz FSB (same as above, but can run 1:1 faster)

thxz that helps but how can i tell the differenties between DDR and say SD ram or i can tell by that #

I suck at ram but when your pc boots and loads the hardware if you look up top in those numbers it should say like sdram or use everest home that will tell you. This is all considering that the ram is in use and not in some box.

To find out if it is SD or DDR SD ram....take one stick out. If it has two notches in the bottom, it is SD, if it has one...it is DDR SD ram. Easy :)

-Collin-

Back