• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Collection of Memory Chips...what you should know!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
gvblake22 said:
Yes, awesome guide indeed!! Wonderful sticky!! :thup:
Will probably be refering people to this quite a bit!

Thanks for the kind words. In a couple months, I'll have to make one for DDR2!!!!

-Collin-

Hey Collin,
I just noticed that you went to the dark side(Intel). When did that happen and why? It makes me so sad. :cry: I just hate crying in my beer! :beer:

nice thread i like the fact u say what the ram likes e.g more voltage what voltage on average and also that u said what it usually performs like . not seen a thread like this anywhere else before .

1 thing about ch-5 . mine does 260 - 2 2 2 5 with 3.5 v but i was getting abour 2 errors per loop on memtest #5 with it at 270 with 3.7v didn't want to push it much further since i didn't really need it to go that fast .

its from some corsair twinx 3200llpt rev 1.2 2*256 sticks . i took heatspreaders off to so im sure its ch-5 .

im hoping my geil value is utt (saw a thread on xtreme systems) if its not 1gb of ram for £65 aint taht bad and neither are the rated 2.5 3 3 6 timings geil themselves have replied to some ones email saying that some of the value ram is utt/bh-5 to compete with corsair so fingers crossed :)

Those are incredible results my friend, whether it is CH-5 or not. I have been seeing a lot of CH-5 perform very well lately with the newer NF4 boards. Seems maybe they aren't as bad as their repuation. I'll look into it more, and I may be editing the post :)

I have heard the Geil Value is UTT as well, but only one way to find out!

-Collin-

NinjaZX6R said:
Those are incredible results my friend, whether it is CH-5 or not. I have been seeing a lot of CH-5 perform very well lately with the newer NF4 boards. Seems maybe they aren't as bad as their repuation. I'll look into it more, and I may be editing the post :)

I have heard the Geil Value is UTT as well, but only one way to find out!

-Collin-

yep . should be getting it next week some time :) dont really need it to perform to well since i normally run stock anyway .

on my nf7 my ch-5 didn't get enough voltage to really shine and my barton 2500 dint help because it crapped out around 11*230 since my dfi can give 4v i thought id try and max my cpu . didn't think it would max before the ram it being cbbid and all :)

I've gotten the HyperX 3200s to do 225 at 3-3-3 (not primed yet but ran all weekend gaming, folding, surfing, 15 minutes of Prime95 and full 3DMark03 without rebooting). I want to see what timings they will take to get to 245-250. I'm sinked and cooled really well so I don't expect heat problems and have a strong PSU. It looks like the Corsairs and Patriots walk right up to these speeds easy.

Awesome post Collin!
My Ch-5 clocks like a mother too.
255 10-2-2-2 1t 1:1 @3.4 vdimm
CH-5 is like the mark 7s of saxes. for ya music ppls.
I think ch-5 is underrated, once you give it some volts, say like 3.0+ it flies like bh-6.
I have had many sets of BH-5/6 and of ch-5. My ch-5 always made it to at least 240 10-2-2-2. Granted it is no bh-5/6 it is no slouch either.
I'm goin' to find out what chips are on those blasted gigaram pc3700 sticks.
they do 6-2-2-2 on amd systems.
-kkat

KKAT said:
Awesome post Collin!
My Ch-5 clocks like a mother too.
255 10-2-2-2 1t 1:1 @3.4 vdimm
CH-5 is like the mark 7s of saxes. for ya music ppls.
I think ch-5 is underrated, once you give it some volts, say like 3.0+ it flies like bh-6.
I have had many sets of BH-5/6 and of ch-5. My ch-5 always made it to at least 240 10-2-2-2. Granted it is no bh-5/6 it is no slouch either.
I'm goin' to find out what chips are on those blasted gigaram pc3700 sticks.
they do 6-2-2-2 on amd systems.
-kkat

Thanks Mr. KKAT!!! Haven't seen ya around in a while. I need to get back into the DDR scene....I may just order those gigaram modules for fun :)

Take care!

-Collin-

Ninja said:
Thanks Mr. KKAT!!! Haven't seen ya around in a while. I need to get back into the DDR scene....I may just order those gigaram modules for fun

Take care!

-Collin-
I just ordered the gigaram pc3700 2-2-2-6 stuff. Oh mann....... soo excited!
I am goin' to post a new thread to show my results!
I'll let ya know how they clock
-kkat

Can you shed some lights on what kind of Elixer memory is made of? Or Centon, SimpleTech and other off-brand names.

jcniest5 said:
Can you shed some lights on what kind of Elixer memory is made of? Or Centon, SimpleTech and other off-brand names.

That one is extremely difficult to research. There is very little info on it. I do know, however, Centon makes TCCD modules. As for the others....I will try to look into it.

-Collin-

Back