• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Contest to Win FX-6100 (de-lidded)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShrimpBrime

~MadHatDeLidder~
I've recently opened a contest at my team's site that is open to the public.

Really simple 2 month contest. 1st month is WPrime 32m and second month is WPrime 1024m. AMD Cpu only x1 AMD Cpu any make. Winner with the lowest combined time with the two scores will be the proud winner of an FX-6100 that is de-lidded and in good working order. This is the ONLY FX processor (current) that is de-lidded and in working condition.

Here's the link... http://classicplatforms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=185&t=8090

Please register to place your submission. The admin at CP would like participants to enter submissions at the site the contest is held at for My safety more so than making it a hard time on people.

It's going to be a good comp, there's no limits to cooling or tweaks as long as the usual rules are followed.

All are welcome to participate or just keep watch.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
RULES:

HWBot rules apply, no cheating spitting hitting slapping or biting either. But you can cuss each other out if you want :p

Picture of cooling and screen shots required.

There is no limit to cooling or AMD platform, lowest time is the only goal.

Also, submit your score in this format please!

Macsbeach98/ 5.531/ 1055T/ 8Gb Gskill Trident/ M5A99X-EVO/ Radeon HD7950

Disclaimer:

This is not a promotion other than a chance for you to win a processor.

@ admins~ I asked for approval of this thread from I.M.O.G. all is good, hopefully some you you guys can get some runs in for a chance at this yourselves!

Last edited:
Here's the winner's cpu.

This will be given away at the end of July to the person with the lowest time.

Attachments

• DSC07094.JPG
    DSC07094.JPG
    671.5 KB · Views: 216
  • DSC07098 - Copy.JPG
    DSC07098 - Copy.JPG
    896.4 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
do you want us to post the score on Hwbot then link or post here? or post @ classicplatforms.com?

You can submit the post at HWBot, that's your business. The contest must be submitted at CP please.

If you can't post at CP, or do not wish to Reg., I can link your submission from here and add your scores to the list @ CP. But a HWBot submission is not required unless cheating is suspect.

EDIT this ^^

Must reg at ClassicPlatforms to participate. I am sorry.

ADDITIONAL COMMENT:

Also, submit your score in this format please!

Macsbeach98/ 5.531/ 1055T/ 8Gb Gskill Trident/ M5A99X-EVO/ Radeon HD7950

Last edited:
I might get in. I think I have a phenom II, and I might have a board to run it that isn't dead yet. Not sure on either of those yet.

I might get in. I think I have a phenom II, and I might have a board to run it that isn't dead yet. Not sure on either of those yet.

Lol, that's how you know when the closet is stacked deep!

hope to see you there!!

Actually that used to be my problem with AMD, as it was where I started benching. But I have passed along my best board (CIVE), and killed (2 or 3 7ghz chips, 1 8.3Ghz) or sold most my chips. Now its a matter of finding anything AMD that still runs - I just moved and unpacked the important boxes tho, so if I have it, I know right where it will be.

Maybe I'll pull out my old '99 Sempron 2400+? :D
I think that's the only AMD CPU I've got, I might have an Athlon 64 somewhere.
Good luck all, you guys don't have a chance against me and my Sempy.:p

got 5.593
think I can push it to 4.5ghz or more so just the start
best I can get it to run @

Attachments

• ScreenShot003.jpg
    ScreenShot003.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
got 5.593
think I can push it to 4.5ghz or more so just the start
best I can get it to run @

This is an excellent run. But after some time chatting with my admins, it was requested that all participants reg and submit at CP. More so for my safety than anything and probably to help keep cheating to a minimum and there will be less confusion as well.

Hopefully you guys can under stand and still participate and are MORE than welcome to.

If you can't or don't want to reg, please feel free to simply watch from the sidelines!!

~ShrimpComp J&J 2013 = FX-6100

OK, so I'm in. Only AMD board I have left is my CVF, and it happens to have a 960T in it.

And I bet it's a 6 core unlocker~!~ NICE! Mine only unlocked 5 cores, but was still a blast to work with. The highest clock that CPU would give me was 5454mhz and that was a Cpu-z only type speed.

Please don't let the registration requirement scare you off. All are welcome at CP.
Any problems with the reg or otherwise, feel free to contact me either here or there. Hope to maybe see some of you come around. :)

Thanks for your time people. Bench on. :thup:

Ya, my 960T can run on six cores, but tops out around 6ghz on five, not sure where on six. Less than that also in wprime. Will be testing to see what works out best. And sandbagging.

Ya, my 960T can run on six cores, but tops out around 6ghz on five, not sure where on six. Less than that also in wprime. Will be testing to see what works out best. And sandbagging.

Decent clocks. That should bring a good time. I'll be watching the ram clocks on this bench. For some reason anything at 1200mhz and beyond I gotta run loose as 12 Cas with most of these cpus. The nice thing is the lower voltage. But for when I bench, I see little improvement over the stock Ram divider of 667 or 1333 if you will. Often times Phenom II seems to like a 250 bus clock on most boards particularly with the Mushkin RedLines I was running (PC-14900 ridgebacks Cas 9). It just seems like the 250 on the stock divider worked best.

Noticed different memory controllers on these Cpus as well. The server Phenom steppings carried a much better IMC. 1090T would run 1000mhz effective Cas 9 all day long on 1.65v not a stitch more. On the other hand the 980BE (which clocked pretty good) took around 1.8v on the memory to run a similar speed.I've successfully ran over 700mhz Cas 5 with the Ridgebacks as well. Also I did not see an improvement with Benchmarking (for the most part).

So hopefully we'll see some wicked Memory tweaks as well! :attn: :rock:

I've updated the second post with another picture of the Cpu after the solder was removed.

Beat 4.827 sec at CP to be in first place atm.

Was thinking about breaking in the 8320 for a shot at this myself...:p

Back