• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Contest to Win FX-6100 (de-lidded)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was just kidding trekky - I'm sure he'll put up the score. :) (Nevermind, I thought he was saying he beat 4.827s... I misunderstood. He was actually saying anyone needs to beat 4.827s to take first place)

The contest is open to any platform, as stated in the rules at CP. So even a monster folding rig could get in on this.

lol to broke for those also
im still rocking a 1100T
and my server is a 2x Core Duo T2500 at @2ghz
but I did see those and man 12cores each...wow :drool:

I'm looking around, and a single cpu G34 motherboard can be had for ~$200, and one of those 6234 opterons at $170 puts a nice little benching rig not too far out of reach. I think that would handily run this competition.

but in his rules "AMD Cpu only x1 AMD Cpu any make"
You are correct.
LuckyBob did the run just for grins. It won't be counted. Shrimpy probably didn't realize it was a multi CPU setup.
Probably a good thing because Mr.Paco has an 8 opteron rig. :p

Did I stutter? lol

8 CPU.

file.php

file.php

file.php

Its typically done with server software. You have one main server and the rest just talk to it. Normally referred to as a compute cluster.

That setup is actually a mother/daughter board setup. The upper board actually sits on a riser card joining the pair together.

file.php

file.php

If only it wasn't a billion degrees in my house. :p

I can't quite pull off that 4.83GHz like I could in the winter. Max right now is about 4.6... and no way my FX is gonna beat these Phenom II's in the first place, so I would need all the power I could pull out of this 4100. Plus I don't have anything but a Hyper 212+... doesn't match up to some of the awesome rigs on here. :thup:

Last edited:
Back