• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Vengeance C70 setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

facaxy

Hello!

I got a new computer and i want to ask how to properly place and turn fans. I have 4 Corsair SP120 fans (for h110) and 3 Corsair AF 120 fans (can buy more). How should i place them in case for good airflow? Also how to turn them, intake is there if on fan is sticker and other side is exhaust?

System:

Corsair H110

Intel Core i5-4690K

ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti Windforce 3x

Kingston 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 CL9 Beast Series

Seagate Barracuda 2000GB

Corsair Professional Series Platinum AX760

Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White

Thanks

Front and sides = intake
Top and rear = exhaust

MOST fans blow through to the where the label is on the fan hub. So if the fan hub/sticker is facing you that is the exhaust (air should be blowing on your face)... clearly the other side is the opposite, intake. Most fans also only turn one way under power. If you can't figure it out by looking, plug one in and see which way the wind blows. ;)

Us the SP's on the rad, and put the rad in the top and have the fans blow air out the top of the case. Obviously the front should be intake and the rear then exhaust for airFLOW through the case.

Welcome to OCFs.

This is intake.....

corsair_sp120_high_performance_edition_twin_pack.jpg

This is exhaust....

l_20948679_003.jpg

By standard if not all fans are exactly configured like that.

Use all the filtered areas of the case as intake and exhaust on the non-filtered areas.

Not all.. remember that thread a few days ago.where I thought his exhaust was blowing in at the cpu heatsink while it was blowing back at it? ;)

Also, a lot of times everything but the rear exhaust is filtered... So be careful with that blanket statment...:)

Not all.. remember that thread a few days ago.where I thought his exhaust was blowing in at the cpu heatsink while it was blowing back at it? ;)

Also, a lot of times everything but the rear exhaust is filtered... So be careful with that blanket statment...:)

Filtered rear panels? I haven't seen one. Please enlighten me and most fans that have the open area to them if you will, have it as intake. I have tons of fans here that are that way from different makers.

Also, your sticker statement is a little loose. Most fans can have stickers on both sides. No hard feelings. :D :p :grouphug:

Yes I should have been more clear with the 'specs sticker'.. thanks for clearing that up.

I also didn't say rear.. I specifically said "everything BUT the rear". Typically that is correct, but I have reviewed exceptions even where the top is.filtered and the only thing not.filtered was the rear exhaust. The filters are of course removable. ;)

I have to agree. By having your exhaust fans pulling more air than your intake can provide you create negative case pressure which my experience keeps things more cool albeit with more dust.

Filtered rear panels? I haven't seen one. Please enlighten me and most fans that have the open area to them if you will, have it as intake. I have tons of fans here that are that way from different makers.

Also, your sticker statement is a little loose. Most fans can have stickers on both sides. No hard feelings. :D :p :grouphug:

Thanks for the answer, should i also put fan on bottom?

In my C70 I have a bottom 140mm intake. Along with two front 140mm intakes. Back and top 140mm exhausts.

Last edited:
Heres my c70 with the side panel off.

there are 2 more fans right behind the front panel, in front of the HDD bays. (the fans that came with the case.

IMG_20140612_214106.jpg

Its a great case, i love it...but im looking at moving to a 750D

Back