• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crunching Milestones ...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Milestones Update

Happy New Year!!!
This will be the final Milestones Update entry for this thread. The Milestones will continue but this thread, having over 500 posts now, will be stopped. Over this time there have been some great strides forward. The first post of 10 Aug '07 recognized muddocktor as hitting 1.5M - a Milestone that took just over a year to make. The next Milestone of 2M took the good Docktor over two months. Recently the 10M mark was passed and five weeks later the 11M Milestone was broken, a four-fold increase in RAC from one year ago!! :eek:

Even though I didn't list the 50k Milestones last time I decided to list them today as a finish to 2008. After today, everybody below 100k will no longer be listed. I plan on changing the tracking method I've been using and, hopefully, it'll be better than before with fewer misses - I hope! I apologize to any who may have been left out somewhere along the line. I still have some work to do on the new system but I hope to get it on-line soon. New method or not, I'll make the next post this Sunday, 4 Jan 2009.

I give you the last Milestones of 2008:

muddocktor, quickly followed by
Razorface, has broken through the 11,000,000 Milestone!
Considering the RAC's of these two champions it looks like we'll soon see a new Milestone leader.

nikhsub1, our leader for a good chunk of this year, has passed the 9,000,000 Milestone!

boox2 has made a lot of ground this year and this week crossed the 7,000,000 Milestone!

btoups has come up from 33rd in January this year to crash the 5,000,000 Milestone and has moved into the Top 10 by taking 9th Place!!

AlexHk has increased his RAC as well (not an easy task!) and also made the 5,000,000 Milestone!

Rick has come out of nowhere this year and has crossed the 2,500,000 Milestone!

Harold CHAPMAN has kept up with the pace and rounded the 2,000,000 Milestone!

Sephis has more than kept up moving from 44th last January into the Top 30!

BrightMorn has continued upgrading and has crunched past the 1,500,000 Milestone!

Go3Team has been holding his own making the 1,250,000 Milestone!

Horribleron, in 1st Place on our Einstein Team, decided in November to put some of that crunching power back to SETI and is now in the Top 75!

Teque5 has moved up through the ranks crossing the 500,000 Milestone!

marcjb has held steady and also rounded the 500,000 Milestone!

Tristan is new this year and this month crossed the 400,000 Milestone!

Toomnymods, also new this year, has also crunched passed the 400,000 Milestone and made the Top 125!

MrGuvernment and
Luis P. Ingannis have both held there own and crunched past the 400,000 Milestone!

We also welcomed these Milestone Makers this year:
Alec Hussey has made his way into the Top 125!

TBurt has been very busy these past weeks having stomped the 250,000 and 300,000 Milestones as well as moving into the Top 150!

Kahnza has also crunched by the 250,000 Milestone!

hank123 has made both the 150,000 and 200,000 Milestones while moving past the Top 200 right into the Top 175!!!

Drinkyoghurt has also crunched his way past the 200,000 Milestone!

Ben,
Hav0k, and
chiron have all crunched their way past the 75,000 Milestone!

And :welcome: to the newest Milestone Makers of OC*SETI:
acaridans, crunching since May '01, has recently joined our team jumping in at 221st and crashing the 100,000 Milestone!
Acaridans has his rigs hidden but we hope to see more of him!

ktoth04 started crunching just this month but has already exploded past the 50,000 and 75,000 Milestones!
Ktoth04 is crunching with an i7 - no doubt he will soon pass other Milestones as well!

jdracer47 joined our team in Nov and has made the 50,000 Milestone!
Jdracer47 is using an E6600 and a P4 so I'm sure he'll be on the new Milestone list as well!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Happy New Year!!!

One more quick stat - not a Milestone yet but still a good job by all!
Overclockers.com is in 9th Place at 244,740,780 Cobblestones!

Last edited:
DAC Leaderboard

DAC Leaderboard for the week of 25 Dec - 31 Dec

Overclockers.com Team ... 345,236 (375,235).. 7th RAC in the World!!!

BOINCStats using the "Credit/week" column and dividing by 7.

Razorface ........... 44,168 ..... (45,876)
muddocktor .......... 32,363 ..... (33,557)
btoups .............. 27,250 ..... (15,240)
Svirfnebli .......... 21,816 ..... (23,506)
boox2 ............... 15,405 ..... (17,702)
Tyrinon.............. 15,372 ..... (17,500)
QuietIce ............ 14,629 ..... (16,186)
Rick ................. 9,987 ..... (10,568)
AlexHk ............... 8,750 ..... (11,876)
K Rider .............. 8,070 ....... (new)

SETI@Work using the "Week Avg" column.
(These stats are offset one day from BOINCStats.)

Razorface ........... 41,553 ..... (45,190)
muddocktor .......... 32,039 ..... (32,000)
btoups .............. 27,646 ..... (14,892)
Svirfnebli .......... 21,380 ..... (24,737)
boox2 ............... 15,619 ..... (17,446)
Tyrinon.............. 15,040 ..... (16,974)
QuietIce ............ 14,780 ..... (16,075)
Rick ................. 9,349 ..... (10,574)
AlexHk ............... 9,234 ..... (12,427)
nikhsub1 ............. 8,033 ....... (new)

:):thup::clap::cool::soda::burn::beer:

Upgrade those optimizers ...!!!
(xx,xxx) = DAC week of 30 Nov - 6 Dec

Last edited:
World Wide rankings over 500

muddocktor 119th
Razorface 123rd
nikhsub1 179th
Svirfnebli 198th

Tyrinon 259th
boox2 285th

QuietIce 338th
eaglescouter 366th

btoups 461st
tricknasty 476th
AlexHk 489th

Thanks for the milestones QuietIce! Happy productive crunching new year to all! :thup:

Jdracer47 is using a Q6600 and a P4 so I'm sure he'll be on the new Milestone list as well!

Actually I am not using a Quad, just my trusty old E6600 Conroe, overclocked to 3.44 @ 430FSB. Thanks for the welcome, I had let Seti run 100% of the time until I hit my milestone :santa: My Conroe will still run whenever I am idle and the P4 was built only for Seti. Next time I upgrade I will build another Seti system out of old parts.

Jdracer47 is using a Q6600 and a P4 so I'm sure he'll be on the new Milestone list as well!

Actually I am not using a Quad, just my trusty old E6600 Conroe, overclocked to 3.44 @ 430FSB. Thanks for the welcome, I had let Seti run 100% of the time until I hit my milestone :santa: My Conroe will still run whenever I am idle and the P4 was built only for Seti. Next time I upgrade I will build another Seti system out of old parts.
I tried to find a letter in there but saw 6600 and 2.4 GHz and made a false assumption. :-/

Still happy to have you on-board ...! :)

Looks like it's going to be next weekend, 11 Jan, before the first new Milestones are up. I'm trying to put together something off-site so it can be transferred to our SETI site (if we ever get one up!). Who knows, maybe the Milestone site will end up being the new SETI site ... :shrug: ;)

and I am for some reason also crunching "astropulse" instead of seti@home enhanced :confused:

Same project as far as I know, astropulse is just extremely high radio frequencies instead of the normal S@H enhanced WU frequencies. They take longer but give increased credit per WU.

well finally I hit the 200.000 mark then :D

but for some reason my average points have gone down from 840 to 640 :confused:

and I am for some reason also crunching "astropulse" instead of seti@home enhanced :confused:
AstroPulse yields lower credits/CPU sec than the AK_v8 optimizer app. Several of us installed the AstroPulse optimizer but after a couple of weeks it was obviously pulling our RAC down so we stopped using it ...

I'd download the latest AK_v8 app and install the files as directed. It's *.xml file doesn't include an AstroPulse app so BOINC won't recognize them at all ...

Isn't the whole point of crunching to help them get the WUs done?

And I will crunch AP work units when there is a better optimized version for them. I let the AP work units run for a week or so, but they really took a hit in my RAC. I am sure there will be a better version of AP out sometime in the near future. (one that has SSE 4.1 would be a good start)

Isn't the whole point of crunching to help them get the WUs done?
Yes it is and the hundreds of thousands that don't optimize can cover the AP units because their RAC probably doesn't suffer at all. In the mean time, I am optimized and crank out normal work units at least 50% faster than most. I'm doing more than my share and don't feel a bit bad about leaving AP units for non-optimized rigs ... :)

Yes it is and the hundreds of thousands that don't optimize can cover the AP units because their RAC probably doesn't suffer at all. In the mean time, I am optimized and crank out normal work units at least 50% faster than most. I'm doing more than my share and don't feel a bit bad about leaving AP units for non-optimized rigs ... :)

Excellent point! :D

Yes, excellent point. We spend very good money, real money for SETI, and all we ask for is to be rewarded in 'free' points. If we feel we aren't receiving enough 'free' points for our work, we take our computing power elsewhere. If SETI really wanted AP units crunched, they would assign a slight premium to the units. I guarantee most of us would run AP, exclusivlely.

Back