• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI 250gb Bate bios - Download

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ZeroKelvin said:
OK I just flashed to the 9/12 bios and it did fix my boot problem and my temp problems yet I am still only able to set my dram up to 3.1v. The option to go higher is not available. I have flashed the bios 3 times and same thing. Is there something I am missing?

Can you tell me how you flashed the BIos please matie?

Couple of points...

Z_K and Grov... the bioses in question that are linked to out of this forum area are ALL very very beta. Period.

Z_K you have to flash to an 'even' more beta version and use the "jess" version of the 2 betas that Oskar has posted as "jess' is the one who unhid the extra voltage settigns and if you have done your homework you will know that to 'fully' be able to use the extra voltage settings you will have to have a power supply with an adjustable +3.3Vvolt rail.

I took my board out of the box and put it in the case and had bios savior in it from my NF2 boards and cranked the board the first time on the ORG side of bios savior and when booted to my DOS flash floppy I swapped to the RD-1 side of bios savior and flashed the jess-914 bios before ever even entering the bios or loading windoors or any other bullshett. Been on that bios ever sense. Used DR DOS Pure boot bios flash boot disk and awdflash 8.24F and after flash shutdown and cleared the CMOS and been trucking ever sense as most knowledgeable users are wont to do.

Come on guys this crap ain't rocket science or nothing like it. Just attention to details and many of them jess1313 has made pretty clear. There are a couple of foibles that are present with any new chipset but by and large this is the most 'painless' POS rocket board I have ever used. I personally have run hour upon hour at 415-418 HTT and I have very questionable memory and am waiting on some FireStix and Ballistix to arrive to see if they are capable in my box. But most of you guys have far more hardware than myself right now as I am using a desktop not DTR 3200+ CH that is an older one and will not do more than 2420 mhz and that with OEM HSF while awaiting my 948U HSF. This sum beech will run if attention to details is exhibited. Forget any other motherboard you ever owned and read and read and follow the hotdogs and as best you can tweak your system toward their settings which you may not reach without their heavy duty hardware. I have and as I said the 415-418HTT was only a few jogs less than the much ballyhooed OcZTony world record HTT on the DFI site and two days ago> I saw a user in the Extreme forums showing to run 432HTT so it is tuning and as always good memory and power supply and processor. The same as it has always been to run way up there. It never changes.

Sincerely, RGone...

Fooled you didn't I with that POS = Plainly outa Site.

Heh.

Ive got the jist of it, after reading a fair bit, but ive never done a BIOS flash, and so i think i can be excused for being a bit fussy, with the amount of money in my PC case! :p

Was reading the winflash guide, thats in adobe, and there's just one bit i don't get, and i don't wanna do this till im sure.

It says double click the option you want, and there the 4 big blocks on the screen, in green and another colour. What do i want? DMI? like it has highlighted in guide.

Also is there anything i need to do before i flash? or do i just exactly follow the guide?

Thanks! :cool:

Must be one hell of a memory controller on that CPU RGONE!

I recently figured out that the max FSB i can run on this old 3400+ C0 is 245 :( Thats with 2 sticks of 3700EB at 2.5,2,8,2 at 3.2v.. 245x10.

Raising the timings to 3,3,8,3 wont help.. Plus runing with a 9 mult wont help either.. Well i can boot into windows at 280FSB but its not prime 95 stable by any means. Its really wierd!

On the epox it was the same and i thought it might just be the MB.. Guess not. Even with some great corsair 3200 BH-5 it will only stablize at 245.. At the time i thought that was the max that stick would do.. hehe guess not cause its gota be this damn CPU all along.

Hopefully by early next week i'll be grabin up either a 3700+ or just say screw it and go all out and wait for the FX-55 and go hard core cooling and be done with this crap.

oh on anohter note.. That built-in eithernet is still messed up. Gota be a hardware prob i'm sure. The damn thing is wacked! I always have to pull the cat-5 cable off the back and plug it back in for it to turn on. Sometimes i have to repeat that methid a few times for it to work.

I've tried a different cat 5 and same thing.. I've noticed when the power is off that the little green light on the eithernet port is on showing its making connection to the router, but as soon as i turn the computer on it will turn off! I'll have to pull the cat cable off and reconnect for it to power on again.

Its like about 90% of the time i have to do this.. And it will even do this on a warm boot. Sometimes it will be fine. Though one thing is that it will never loose connection once its on.

To me i'm thinking, bad solder or something.. or something shorting out.. I'd love to yank the board out and take a look and see but with the water cooling in there it would really suck.

I put in for an RMA and i'd hate to send it in for this little problem but i'd also hate to always deal with this everytime by climbin behind the computer when i turn the computer on. :(

Man I heard that shett...

:temper: ...back of the box all the time there K__K. I would not be up for it either. The boards are so new and not beatup across and around the pond that you could have a true physical issue and you don't hurt my feelings one bit sending er to an early retirement via RMA. No prob at all.

Hale man you know me running on the dividers just like all the HTT's over about 315 1:1, which was the stoutest I have seen running some new Adata DDR600 or the new Canadian stuff from Shikatronics using binned Hynix.

But still its puts this two year old twinmos 4.3b chipset stuff at a hefty 267 memory speed. Hehehehehehe. Can hardly wait to push the Ballistix a while and the FirestiX and see what I can get her to HTT to and "still" keep the horsepower. It is a huge giant 'vegas' game to do though. Hehehehe.

Sincerely, RGone...

Thanks for the help guys, I got the bios up and running great now. Another question though.....I am running two sticks of ocz 512mb pc4000 in this board. I am still playing with the over clock but cant seem to get stable at all with prime or even 3dmark for that matter. I'm at 255 x 9 at the moment. Was wondering if I should go with one stick of ram as Ive heard I can get much higher on the FSB. My current memory is at 2.5-4-4-10. Ive been reading around the forums and have tried different peoples combinations and cant seem to get much fsb out of this board at all. The system is water cooled with the voltages the way my sign shows below.

Thanks for any and all help you guys can come up with!!!

Some questions

ZeroKelvin said:
Thanks for the help guys, I got the bios up and running great now. Another question though.....I am running two sticks of ocz 512mb pc4000 in this board. I am still playing with the over clock but cant seem to get stable at all with prime or even 3dmark for that matter. I'm at 255 x 9 at the moment. Was wondering if I should go with one stick of ram as Ive heard I can get much higher on the FSB. My current memory is at 2.5-4-4-10. Ive been reading around the forums and have tried different peoples combinations and cant seem to get much fsb out of this board at all. The system is water cooled with the voltages the way my sign shows below.

Thanks for any and all help you guys can come up with!!!

What series pc 4000 is your ram. And your CPU is it a clawhammer. With the cooling you have you should be able to give more Vcore. Are you using 2T to help with the 2x512.

It might be best to work with one stick for now and find what it takes to get the overclock stable, then swap to the other stick and see if it will run the same speeds/settings. After you get it all worked out then you can go back and deal with the ram. There are many ram setting to learn with this board.

Also what HTT multiplier you using, 3x should work good with 270.

SJ
:sn:

I was gonn ask that as well, whats best to put 2 ram sticks in?

Ive got em in 1 and 2.

Btw, little unimpressed with the manual. There's nothing at all about the BIOS. It's just about setting up the mobo?

On a sie note, just about to flash, *gulp* :p

I have mine in 1 and 2.. 1 and 3 suck.. but some others say theres works better in 1 and 3.. so you'll have to check it out.

Oh about the manual.. Theres 2. One for the bios and another thats like setting the raid and stuff.

:bang head

All i got was 1 user's manual. :eh?:

EDIT:

Thanks for everyone help so far, especially Jess, flashed to new BIOS.

Temps haven't changed at all, well maybe dropped 2C, reading 47C in BIOS, but i changed the other stuff like throttling.

Last edited:
Grov said:
:bang head

All i got was 1 user's manual. :eh?:

EDIT:

Thanks for everyone help so far, especially Jess, flashed to new BIOS.

Temps haven't changed at all, well maybe dropped 2C, reading 47C in BIOS, but i changed the other stuff like throttling.

Its NP Bro. thats odd about your temps man. have you tried this.

http://us.dfi.com.tw/Upload/Driver/Ihdoctor.zip?, its a windown Hardware moniter, see how it displays temps man. Glad to see you made it thought th flash

GL
-Jess-

Is there a better way then doing a floppy flash to flash the DFI lanparty ut mobo? Like is there any winflash program that will work with the dfi boards? btw jess is da man :)

You can also find winflash on the DFI cd that came with the board..

Grov.. You can also download that manual on DFI's web site.. eh.. When they fix it that is.. right now its messed up.. If not i would of linked it.

Jess1313 said:
Its NP Bro. thats odd about your temps man. have you tried this.

http://us.dfi.com.tw/Upload/Driver/Ihdoctor.zip?, its a windown Hardware moniter, see how it displays temps man. Glad to see you made it thought th flash

GL
-Jess-

Thanks ill try that.

The temps in the BIOS still seem a bit wierd. After about an hour of gaming, i re-booted and the temp said 44C, which i think is good, then on a cold boot up in the morning it said 47c, lol

I was just about to ask for a windows hardware monitoring program, ill check it out. Still trying to o/c the SOB.

I think ill post in here from now on, instead of my thread in the CPU section. Incase you don't see it, i did everything you said Jess and it would re-boot itself at 210fsb, with all the timmings and stuff you said, the ratio and the LDT at 3x.

I then put it at 205fsb, and it's booted fine. Do i need more volts? only using 2.7? how much is safe?

Ive also just thought, will my PCI/AGP locks be on by default? cause i ain't changed em?

Another edit, ive just installed that smartguardian mate and it says 39c idle, which im well pleased with, so temps shouldn't be the problem.

Really itching to get some clockin. :bday:

Last edited:
Ok mate, left everything the same as before, bumped FSB to 210, and DRAM voltage to 2.9V. Program is reporting 39-42c, so not much increase.

What does this mean i can go back to normal ratio and start again with better timmings?

Back