• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Difference between Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3, 5 and 7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Namel

Registered
My favorite computer store in Finland has nice deal for Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3/5/7 and I am wondering what is the difference between 3, 5 and 7? Is it worth paying extra to get 5 or 7 or am I fine with 3?

I am planning to get i5-4670K with it and I am not looking extreme overclocking. I am just looking for some extra speed. I am trying to keep price down so I am wondering if 3 is fine or would 5 or 7 be likely to give me so much extra speed that extra price would be worth it?

Gigabyte specifications page for 3 and 5 are identical so I am really confused what advantage 5 or 7 would give.

IT takes effort to find the real or all differences...

Pure shall we say electrical specs or I/O specs are not the only differences.

The Gaming 5 has this "over" the Gaming 3.
Gold plated display and audio ports
High end Nichicon audio capacitors
PLUS What is in the BOX > Gaming 5 has 4 Sata Cables over Gaming 3 only 1 Sata Cable.

The Gaming 7 has this "over" the Gaming 5.
Marvell® 88SE9172 chip:
2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (GSATA3 6~7)
Support for RAID 0 and RAID 1

1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
1 x power button
1 x reset button
1 x Clear CMOS button
2 x BIOS switches
Voltage measurement points
PLUS What is in the BOX > Gaming 7 has 2 Sata Cables over Gaming 3 only 1 Sata Cable.

RGone...

Thanks.

While 5 is better none of that seems worth extra 30€ it would cost to me.

Just picked up the 7 from Micro center. 4 SATA cables. And I picked the 7 because I wanted the over clock capabilities from the internal switches and voltage pinouts. Looking at installing a SSD on the M.2 connector.

Not many submissions on HWBOT for this, either. I enjoy contests where I am the only contestant or one of a few.

Back