• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fallout 3 Tips/Tricks/Questions thread (if you guys add to it)*spoilers* maybe inside

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I saved near the billboard exit of the scrapyard and kept reloading because a random encounter kept spawning by the bridge lol. I met some cool stuff but decided to settle on killing a guy with a sniper rifle chasing after a slave.

I'm very good right now as well. Just got to Tenpenny tower but I have most of the bottom right quadrant of the map explored. Almost lvl 9 too.

I was at RobCo factory and could not find a salesman though. Where was he?

SPOILER
When you go with the sheriff to arrest Mr Burke, he kills the sheriff so I reloaded the game and killed burke before he killed the sheriff lol. I regret doing that now because the Sheriff doesnt give you any more quests or anything, and I could have taken his sweet duster.

Im on level 13 or 14 - something like that. There is a perk that lets you level up straight away - cant remember what its called. I went to jericho and tried to make him my compadre but he said no - and my karma told me my karma is too high to let him join ? Anyhow.

If you ask me -getting repairs to 100 as fast as you can is the best bet so you can repair your weapons to the fullest - that way you can killl people easier and not use so many bullets. I would also recommend using the perk that ups your stats whenever you read a book.

I have found 4 bobbles (those tiny statue things that up your stats) - How many have you lot found? I also have a house in megaton. I had to disarm the bomb to get it - and the sheriff's son gave it to me. (requires 25 explosives skill)

My bad, Robco, I think that is what it is called is up by the Commons, I know I had a helluva time getting through there and disabling the security bots.Sorry for the confusion.
lol. There's no need to get a little hostile over it.

And at my point in the game, I only know of one robot factory, and that's called RobCo. And that one is in the southwest part of the map, and I don't think I've discovered anything near it that has "commons" in the name. So, if there's more than one Robot Factory, then my bad. I guess there's more than one... I don't know. I feel like an idiot now, lol.

So the one South East, what other major cities are near by it? I really want to buy a robot.

Did you have to do a quest to buy the robot or just the sales guy was out there?

Thanks

I've only played it for a full day so far and just got done with the ant mission, and now I'm at Rivet City. :/ Don't ask, I strayed really far from the story bc my only experience with open ended rpgs is oblivion. But this game really requires either tons of patience to explore or a strat guide. I hate doing all this walking and then having event occur only at specific times of the day, even with the wait function and the fast travel.

Currently, I'm stuck on the quest of finding the little kid from grayditch a home, and finding the "Family"...... Guys have any advice. From reading the top threads, looks like my best bet right now is to find a dog, a robot, and level up scientific and explosives. I prob won't blow up megaton + I've been giving bums my pure water....

Okay I avoided the spoilers with good reason. Please don't spoil anything for me when I ask these questions:
1) How the hell do you level up in this game? I hit Megaton town, told Morieta to stick it up his rear when he told me to pay him to find out where my dad is.
2) I got the quest from Lucy West but when I go into the lower area of the subway station, there's a Mire Lurker and he whoops the crap out of me. He even followed me out of the cave and killed one of the zombie guys! lol I can kill a Mire Lurker, but it takes too many stim paks and ammo.

Any tips on what I should do to progress without giving too much away? I'm only level 2 and it seems like monsters give like 1 xp each.

1) How the hell do you level up in this game? I hit Megaton town, told Morieta to stick it up his rear when he told me to pay him to find out where my dad is.

Any tips on what I should do to progress without giving too much away? I'm only level 2 and it seems like monsters give like 1 xp each.

If you venture out of Megaton, tune your Pipboy3000 to Galaxy Radio. Listen the DJ 3 Dog while you are exploring and he will give you a hint on where to next go hunting for your dad. Also ask around in Moriaty's bar about the radio station and it's location might just be revealed on Pipboy's World map.

As for leveling up early on, get your repair skill up to 30 and explosives skill up 20 and then fix the leaky pipes in Megaton and disarm the bomb (after agreeing to Burke that you will blow up the town). Rat out Burke to the sheriff and follow him to capture Burke. After that ordeal you should have a couple good weapons, a new apartment and enough XP to get you to lvl 3 or 4. A high lockpick skill is helpful early on in the game because it gives you access to many locked stashes that you otherwise couldn't get to.

If anyone is interested, I can point you to a rather easy to obtain laser rifle very close to Megaton, You have to kill a few feral ghouls to get it but they go down easy. It's just to the Southwest of Geryditch and Marigold station.

Last edited:
*SPOILERRRRRR*

GUYS this is so sweet.

Anyways here is my guys stats:
100 small guns
100 pick locking
Perks:
Body Mess (adds 5% to all damange)
Sharp Shooter( Greatr increases accuratey to head shots)
Commando (increase damange done by rifle (2 handed weapons))

Anywho, my guy freaking destroys people. With a rifle, I can basically treat it like a sniper rifle. This thing rocks people, and its only 21 damage hunting rifle.

Also once you find your dad, he will tell you he wants to go back to Rivet City which is a pretty far hiike, but trust me, go with him. Any mob you encounter they will go straight after your dad who can't die, he just falls down for alittle bit if you really let him get whipped up on. But what I do is just get like 5 feet from the mob and head shot them with a shotty and goondight. You level up super fast.

Also before you find your dad you go into this virtual world. It is the most amazing experience ever, wait till you do it!

Also one last thing, ANYONE WHO IS EVIL. (I am super super super evil because I love to steal (hence the 100% lock picking)). You can't get a robot as a partner. I found the guy at the Roboco and you have to hurry up and save him before the death claw kills him, which is very hard because the death claw can hit him about 3 times and he's done. They also start fightinb efore you even close enough to attack the death claw, unless you have a sniper rifle but even then you only have enough AP to attack once. Then you have to free shoot it and hope to hit the death claw and not the guy.

But once I saved him, I say I want to buy a robot, he's like, sorry the robot doesn't like you. Then I got ****ed and killed him and all his robots.

EDIT:

AHH THIS IS HORRIABLE!! being evil does not pay off in the end. OKay if you have good karama, a friggin' brother of steal will actuallly join your group and help you. SHe looks pretty loaded. I wish I could find some evil people to team up with me but the only guy I ever saw that would join me was in the town of megatown but at the time I was 2 good, and I ended up blowing up that town hah.

So yah, future note, do not be evil. So far the 2 big things that have screwed me have been, not being able to get a killer robot and now this brother of steal chick. But so far really I havn't had any need for another person, I pretty much 1 shot or 2 shot everyone person I've came across so far.

I also got trained in power armor, but honestly I don't see the advantage of it, for me anyways. I use long range guns, and power armor gives you negative perception, it give you +2 strength though, but still I don't think its worth it, and its the armor is super heavy.

Last edited:
that dude that bullied your girl at the start of the game can be found in rivet city when you go back to vault 101 - he wont join me cos im too good but he will probably join you if your bad.

I"ve been to rivet city a ton of times, I've never seen a guy that would join me. Do you know where he is located in rivet city or his name? IF his name is Jericho, that guy at the very start in megatown (if thats who your talking about) I blew up that city, so I'm pretty sure he is also dead.

yeah butch - the one at the start of the game that asked you to help his mum - the leader of the tunnel rats or whatever they are called.. He is at the bar in rivett city. You have to have saved voult 101 first tho.

I approached the dude in the saloon - and he asked me to blow up that nuke, and i said no, told the sheriff/mayor and he went with me to arrest him - the dude killed the sheriff/mayor so i killed him (the guy who wants to blow up megaton) and i got good karma. He told me people would come after me before i shot him in the head with a combat shotgun.

I accepted the evil dude's mission and disarmed the bomb anyway. I finishing a bunch of other quests before I go Rambo on Ten-Penny.

Back