• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fallout 3 Tips/Tricks/Questions thread (if you guys add to it)*spoilers* maybe inside

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
GUYS!

okay, so I was super evil, I loved it. But wow the pros of being evil don't out weight the cons.

*SPOILER*
When your finding the GECK, you have the option to save his super mutan that has been locked up. If you do it, later he will come back to you after you escape, he's loaded with a chain gun (plasma/lazer) one, and he's huge. He will join you if your good.

So I was super evil. My title was like Urban Legend thats how evil I was. So what I did was picked a perk that allows me to collect fingers from evil people once I kill them, and i can trade them in for better perk and caps.

So I got about 20 fingers, and I killed the whole slave trader place and saved some kids. Now I'm finally Neutral! But what I'm saying is, it took very little to get back to neutral level, so if your super evil, you can still turn back without ilttle issues and be good again.

A quick way to boost your karma is to keep giving purified water to the bum outside of Megaton, if you haven't nuked it that is.

What did everyone think of the President, when you met him? I found it a quite entertaining twist to the game :D

The president thing was funny. When i got caught after the geck thing - I got out of the cell and a police officer said "wait here - ill go check" so as he was walking past i smacked him with a power fist (its a weapon) and his head hit the roof and bounced all over haha. was funny.

Seriously though, This game is HUGE - IF you dont complete it. There are absolutely loads of "sideline" missions. I cant wait to get 100 lockpick and loot tenpenny towers!

EDIT: What do you do with the deathclaw hand?

That letter you gotta deliver to Lucy...I can't find her or the Family or whatever I gotta do there, I accidentally stumbled upon Germantown and the Slavers place and took that all out just wandering trying to find her :(

*SPOILER*

Okay didn't know this but what sucks is, there is a LEVEL CAP at 20.

I'm freaking level 19 and I just found the GECK, I'm not anywhere near done and there is so so much to explore. That sucks they level capped it at 20.

That letter you gotta deliver to Lucy...I can't find her or the Family or whatever I gotta do there, I accidentally stumbled upon Germantown and the Slavers place and took that all out just wandering trying to find her :(

You don't deliver a letter TO Lucy, you deliver it FOR Lucy.

After you get to Arefu, talk to Evan King and he tells you three locations to check. At one of the locations, you find a manhole in one of the rooms and you can go down into a cave that leads to a subway. Explore the subway and you'll find the people where the Family is. They're NOT hostile so don't shoot at them when you see them.

The kid @ the diner (from the ant mission) where did the rest of you find a home for him?

( I got him a place to stay in little lamp light).

:)

You don't deliver a letter TO Lucy, you deliver it FOR Lucy.

After you get to Arefu, talk to Evan King and he tells you three locations to check. At one of the locations, you find a manhole in one of the rooms and you can go down into a cave that leads to a subway. Explore the subway and you'll find the people where the Family is. They're NOT hostile so don't shoot at them when you see them.

Opps, my bad. I saw that man hole and the rad meter started going nuts...so I backed away thinking it was just part of the map (scenery). TO FO3 I GO!

*SPOILER*
If you go to the oasis up north, and you kill the tree's heart you get a bonus 10% against all resistances.

Just make sure you ahve rad-x because you'll be swimming through radiation :D

Sadly I hit 20 while I was there. :(

My natural tendency is to go evil in these games, pillaging and looting is just too much fun. Will I miss out on anything major by going evil? Will I be sitting there going, "Damn, I can't find any quests to do because nobody want's to talk to me?"

The kid @ the diner (from the ant mission) where did the rest of you find a home for him?

( I got him a place to stay in little lamp light).

:)

Wow that's pretty interesting I didn't even think about sending him to Little Lamplight. I always send him to Rivet City. Personally I think it's the better choice. Little Lamplight isn't a good place for children because when they grow up they go to Big Town which isn't very safe and it's a pretty crappy place to live compared to Rivet City.

Wow that's pretty interesting I didn't even think about sending him to Little Lamplight. I always send him to Rivet City. Personally I think it's the better choice. Little Lamplight isn't a good place for children because when they grow up they go to Big Town which isn't very safe and it's a pretty crappy place to live compared to Rivet City.

I was to lazy to find his aunt there, plus he can be a kid and have fun at little lamplight :D

I'm looking for the GECK right now. Kinda retarded but I noticed that I use the super sledge more than anything because they can't shoot me at close range, and all of my guns SUCK!!!! :/ even the minigun which has to be manually aimed cuz my character misses 5 feet away in VAT. Complete opposite of oblivion where I wanted to stay as far away as possible and hit them with ranged.....

Just beat it.

*Spoiler* No BOSS BATTLE? OMG..... The final battle consisted of watching a giant robot, although very very entertaining, was not very satisfying. :/ HAHAHA... "Accept democracy or BE Eradicated!" The robot said some hilarious stuff....

Overall, I think Oblivion was so much more fun. Riding horseback up a mountain while the sun is rising took my breath compared to anything fallout3 has to offer. Plus the final battle at the door to the otherworld on Oblivion was epic... Battling all the way to the very top took pain, coffee and patience. On Fallout3, the whole thing is a maintstream movie. I feel like I'm watching the game more than play.

Last edited:
Back