• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fallout 3 Tips/Tricks/Questions thread (if you guys add to it)*spoilers* maybe inside

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I decided to kill the dude that asked me to blow up megaton. He killed the sherriff, so i killed him. Then i found tenpenny tower and went in - they let me in, so i went straight up to tenpenny and blew his head off with a combat shotgun. Then went about killing all of the guards (which doesnt affect your karma at all - or killing tenpenny) - Then i let the ghouls in and raided the whole place :D sneeky! You get loads of caps n stuff - loads of safes and cash registers if you have the lockpicking ability!

Where can you go to get a lot of Bobby pins? Because lockpicking is useful if you have them, but I rarely have more than 1 or 2.

There's no need to have the sheriff dead, if you're playing as "good". If you accept the guys quest to blow up the bomb, but then don't blow it up (just disarm it), the sheriff is never involved, and therefore doesn't die :)

Im in two minds whether to play it again or not... I wanted to do all of the side missions as well.. I love the dude that wants to join when you find the g.e.c.k. He/she is awesome at killin stuff (wont say what/who it is so i dont spoil it for you guys.)

How long did the whole game take for you? I have about 3 days left on my rental and it took me 12 hours to beat deadspace on hard if that is any indication of skill.... or lack thereof. :p

Anyone know how to get to underworld or get to paradise falls?
I heard there are both guys I can get to join me if I"m evil.

erm... Took me about 4 or 5 days - But i have been having a lot of time off work lately. Im a builder/roofer and i cant work when it rains. In england the weather where i live has been terrible for the past 2 weeks.

Awesome thanks for the info.

I finally found someone who could stand me being so evil.
He's a goul, and uses a combat shotgun, he's rpetty awesome and can wear power armor.

So how exactly does that work? does he come on ur crew and "help"? So theoretically u can have a partner, a dog AND a robot? Is the AI assistance pretty good?

I think you can have 1 dog and then another guy to help.
But you can't keep adding people.

if you want to add a new person, you have to tell the other guy, he's fired.

There is a cheat to allow you to keep adding people to yoru group but its a strict cheat code, not somthing built into the game.
They are pretty smart. Sometimes it shows I don't get XP for kills though, like if they do more damange than me, I don't know if you get XP for it. Unless its a bug.

The greatest part is they have ulimited ammo but if they break their gun you have to give them the same gun usually it depends. Like my guy will only use a combat shotgun, even though I gave him bertter weapons like a flame thrower or missle launcher.

Ive been exploring too much with my very good char. I did some stuff I regret doing (like convincing the Tenpenny tower residents to let the ghouls live there, which turns out to be the least rewarding decision).

I'm gonna create a stealthy, high crit, neutral assasin with high speech who has a softness for kids and a dislike for rich people. He will be like the grim reaper but with a bit of a conciousness mvhaha.

EDIT: MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW.

Last edited:
hahaha.... if they have unlimited ammo.... + you decide to upgrade their weapons.... that is kind of cheating. :) Unlimited missile launching? :/ Explains the fallout environment.

You have to just play the main story line and you'll come to a part that deals which explicity tells you, this guy will train you for power armor.

But you can't just go there, because they won't let you inside until you reach the right point in the story line.

*DO NOT READ YOU WILL HATE YOURSELF AFTER*
I think i was like level 12 or sooner when I got it though. its after you dad dies.

Last edited:
You have to just play the main story line and you'll come to a part that deals which explicity tells you, this guy will train you for power armor.

But you can't just go there, because they won't let you inside until you reach the right point in the story line.

I think i was like level 12 or sooner when I got it though. its after

WOW DUDE.
How about a spoiler tag or something :bang head completly ruined it for me

hah oh wow sorry.
I put on the topic title, *spoilers* maybe inside, so I wouldn't have to put *spoiler* everytime and to warn people that if you look at this thread you will be spoilerized. But I'll do that next time.

hah oh wow sorry.
I put on the topic title, *spoilers* maybe inside, so I wouldn't have to put *spoiler* everytime and to warn people that if you look at this thread you will be spoilerized. But I'll do that next time.
It kind of defeats the purpose of the topic TIPS/TRICKS/QUESTIONS if people cant read it out of fear of spoilers without warnings lol

true, i'll keep that in mind.
I updated the post, but i think that headline will make people read it just because they are curious muhahah

Back