• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fallout 3 Tips/Tricks/Questions thread (if you guys add to it)*spoilers* maybe inside

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
FALLOUT 3

i just want to say how pimp this game is. i just wanted to throw some stuff out there that might be helpful.[/COLOR]
1. DONT KILL THREEDOG
i accidentally shot him and he went ape and so did the steel guys. =( not fun.
2. Try to go off the main story. It makes it way more exciting and fun.
try NOT blowing up Megaton. As you can acess more missions as you visit it. Such as Jerico can join you for 1000 bottle caps and follow you around the places. Hes very strong and helpful.
3. After you sell stuff to someone, KILL THEM
Most of the time after you sell something to someone you can kill them and get your bottle caps back.
4. GET INTO THE SLAVE STUFF
You can get quite a bit of money off of this but theres a down side, if you try to get the girl in Tenpenny tower, EVERYONE flips out and tries to kill you. WHICH SUCKS because its a wicked place to do stuff.
5. try not to be so damn serious.
have some fun and mess around. idk about you but if the world was a giant wasteland i would go APE ON EVERYTHING.

SO DO IT!!!!!!!!

Is it just or is there a much smaller selection of weapons in Fallout 3 than in fallout 2? Same for enemies, it feels like there is only 1/2 to 2/3 the selection of enemies and weapons that fallout 2 had.

Also, when do I start to find the gauss rifle? I have been looking for it forever and have yet to see any trace of it. Are there any high end weapons dealers (like the san fran weapons dealer in FO2) who usually carry it?

I think i did all the side missions...... i'm at level 20 and i just got done with the raido station job(where three dog is at) How do i get power armour!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are ages away from getting power armour... you get it when you eventually are allowed into the citadel... some guy in there gives you training

Ihatethisgameiknewishouldnthavespentthemoneyonitandnowiamstuckwithacoasterforthefirstcoupleofweeksthegamewasfunthenitbecamerepetitivetheaisuckswhydoonlythreethingseverspawnatthesametimethefpsshootingaccuracyishorriblethequestsleavemuchtobedesiredandlikebioshockihavenodesiretofini****

period

Ihatethisgameiknewishouldnthavespentthemoneyonitandnowiamstuckwithacoasterforthefirstcoupleofweeksthegamewasfunthenitbecamerepetitivetheaisuckswhydoonlythreethingseverspawnatthesametimethefpsshootingaccuracyishorriblethequestsleavemuchtobedesiredandlikebioshockihavenodesiretofini****

period

I'm not sure but it think you space bar is broken.

As far as me being far away from getting the power armour i would say that the game is not short at all! If you take advantage of the side quest and exploring then it is a good length.

the side quests can take up a good bit of time, i played it as a sniper/stealthy character, made the game really easy. invested my level ups in the things that let me find more ammo, get better criticals, increased accuracy, increased damage, better luck and perception. I also put some point into intelligence (maxed it out I think) so I got more skill points per level up. Once I hit level 20 I got bored, so I just finished off the game after that.

I think i'm at that point also... well not really bored but i want to finish it as the good character i am now and start over as an evil one.

You're at level 20 and have just got to three dog? The game is going to be smooth sailing the rest of the way unless you have the difficulty turned up!

I was level 7 when I did the three dog stuff.

Yeah i kept hearing how short the game was so i decided to do all the side quest i could find and then do the main mission. So what your saying is that i haven't even really got started and i'm at the level cap! :( Oh well its still fun.....but the wife's not going to like it. She keeps asking "are you done yet... you beat COD5 in like two days!!"

Well you can already download the "Operation Anchorage" expansion for Fallout 3 if you want more content, and then in March the "Broken Steel" expansion will be released and the level cap will be raised to 30.

Yeah i got the armour last night. i just finished the water purification quest... well i'm lookin for the geek now. is the "Operation Anchorage" expansion for the pc? I went... or tried to do the whole windows live thing and it kept taking me to Xbox live!!!

How the heck do you get the Operation Anchorage expansion!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! i don't know why but windows live keeps taking me to Xbox!!!!!!!

i found it on pc i think. i'll go check but its 800 points which i can't seem to find an easy way to get without giving out all my information and risk getting spammed to death.

Bumped this up so I can find it, and use it for questions. (Ignore my other bumped up thread ).:shrug:

I deleted my other post and it dropped the other thread back down...

Just picked up GOTY for $38 off of Steam...oh my gosh this is a great game!!! I had forgotten why I like Oblivion so much and this is better! I was waiting for $19.99 sale but what the heck.

Skimming through this thread, are there some quests that I should avoid to see the end game? Such as Vault 112 mentioned above or will I have the chance to do them in the course of the game .

Only level 3 and trying to explore everything before doing the main story.

Can't decide what character to build...will Sneak and Pickpocket lead me to a dead end?

Thanks

I thought I would have to deal with MS stuff to use the expansion packs, but I didn't see any of that install....are they just built into the game(GOTY edition) and I'll run across them?

Thanks.

Oh.... and will my level cap be 20 or 30? Looking forward to many hours of ignoring my loving family....:sn:

Last edited:
I got the Fallout 3 GOTY edition with all the expansions the other day. Gonna be fun!

Ok I see now that the Data files for the expansions need to be checked and loaded at the start.

Is there any downside to loading them now or should they be loaded later?

Load 'em once you get out of the Vault, it'll crash if the game can't give you locations for you to start the DLC's (since you haven't reached the Wasteland yet, you can't get map points on the Wasteland). You can load Broken Steel, but none of the others.

On the other hand, I'm starting the game again for the fifth time, with different mods, different character, and a whole new setup. I'm going strictly for explosives and sniping, so far I'm doing.. terrible. Raiders are beating the hell outta me (well, I do have Mart's Mutant Mod on with double-increased spawns, so it's groups of 30 instead of groups of 4) but nonetheless, I'm getting wrecked. I'm also being a huge douchebag this time around. Instead of saving Megaton like I've always done, I'm blowing it up, and I killed Roy whoever right outside Tenpenny Tower. I'm planning to kill Mister Crowley as soon as I can get to Underworld as well. Pretty damn sweet.

Back