• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flight Simulator X is INCREDIBLE!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Jesus! I need to get a new system. That looks INCREDIBLE.

Tip: Flying the CRJ on a straight course is really really hard. But autopilot is a lot of fun :)

another shot of the LAGO f16.

most of the planes for fs2004 seem to be compatible with the demo. Its just a matter of gettting the gauges, effects, and sound files transferred.

the location of the aircraft is in this directory:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X Demo\SimObjects\airplanes

f16FSX.JPG

The water FX look good but the rest of the game looks... Well like a game

LOL.

I think they could have done a little better considering the extreme power of

these new grafx cards.

Keep in mind the speed at which a plane moves and the speed at which those houses need to be rendered. It's just a waste of resources and framerates to have any sweeter houses or textures. And that's far from max settings.

I'm really liking this game so far, superb details compared to past FS releases.

I'm loving how everything in the cockpit is interactable, although I have yet to figure out autopilot so I can just kick back and relax for the boring parts then bring it in for a smooth landing.

Does anybody else find the planes really hard to turn/keep on a straight track. I usually end up having to line myself up with the runway on final, which kinda takes away from me doing other things, like staying on the glide slope.

Seven said:
I'm really liking this game so far, superb details compared to past FS releases.

I'm loving how everything in the cockpit is interactable, although I have yet to figure out autopilot so I can just kick back and relax for the boring parts then bring it in for a smooth landing.

Does anybody else find the planes really hard to turn/keep on a straight track. I usually end up having to line myself up with the runway on final, which kinda takes away from me doing other things, like staying on the glide slope.
Crosswind?

Edit: And for those who say FS2004 stuff works with FSX, it doesn't, the excellent Level-D 767-300ER does not; nor does my FeelThere ERJ-145ER PIC package. Unless Microsoft has cleaned up their big-jet act, I've no reason to buy the new release yet.

I don't think it's crosswind, unless there's some serious left crosswind going on in the CRJ Caribbean Landing tutorial.

I kinda want to see if I can download the Caspian Sea Monster and get it to work in FSX, WIG planes are fun :D

Man for all the settings I've played with the thing crawls on my system with low settings at 1920x1200. I'll have to fire up window mode and drop the res down to something more acceptable since currently I get 15FPS and it doesn't look good at all. But it does use dual CPU's, maxes mine out.

Be warned 14gig install basically, its huge and takes a long time and thats with the beta.

Captain Newbie said:
If I overclock the flight control computer of my A320, will that make it handle like a real airplane?
I'm sorry but I must say:
LMAO!
I'd like to see an OCF MSFS-X Virtual Airlines... that'd be fun! :santa:
I hope I will be able to fly a Concord in this... so we can really keep the-
We'll fly your *** there and back faster!"
-Trademark. :D

Also, is it true that the A310 is most fun to fly of the A300's? They seem to be great at hot landings with 35+mph crosswinds... everyone on the plane was scared ****less but I've been in worse. :p

Haha, I'd love to fly the Concorde, but I'd be full-throttle all the way.

The craziest situation I've ever been in was on a 777 in a big mideast cold front. I remember looking out my window and seeing about 15 thunderclouds in a huge line, and occasionally the plane would just hit turbulence and drop like 20 feet.

Seven said:
Haha, I'd love to fly the Concorde, but I'd be full-throttle all the way.

The craziest situation I've ever been in was on a 777 in a big mideast cold front. I remember looking out my window and seeing about 15 thunderclouds in a huge line, and occasionally the plane would just hit turbulence and drop like 20 feet.
I was flying my Uncle's Piper Meridian... he was just sitting back watching me deal with an 80kmph wind hitting the noze at a 45 degree angle... and we were almost struck by lighting TWICE! I was wearing sunglasses at 9 at night in the pitch black from all the lightning... we dropped by 50 feet at -0.1G's... it was soo sudden... it's hard flying with something like that distracting you...

rich bast-... I thought he could barely afford a Piper Archer... now he has a freggen Meridian!
As for his Master Card Advert...
House: $1.1Mil
2 Cars: $110'000
Personal Aircraft: $1,920,000, with all the fittings... O2 system, powerful beams, leather seats, 5.1 soundsystem and 2 TVs ect.
Bragging rights from owning a $2 million dollar plane... priceless.

I guess FlightSim is all I can aford right now... mabe I'll be able to at least afford a Warrior III some time in life...

Whatever happened to that 5 person jet they were coming up with, with those crazy small engines? Supposed to be a new revolution in jet production or something.

Those engines look like they're going to fall off, lol.

Back