• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free Microsoft flight simulator X demo download!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
my x600 can't handle it very well and i couldn't figure out how to control the plane or was i just that i could detect the movement cause of the lag from the video card

ShadowPho said:
Because it works! :D Why upgrade when it works perfectly fine already? :beer:

Once before I installed SP2, and I had to reinstall my Windows in 3 months.

Well apparently it doesn't work perfectly fine, you can't play the game! :D

I used to be biased against SP2 as well... but its all in the 3rd party software. I'm setting a new record, at over 6 months on my current installation, and it still feels like a fresh install.

In the beginning people had issues with SP2... I never experianced anything wrong with it. I'm currently on month 10 of this install and plan on going to very late this year or early next year.

FastRedPonyCar said:
I maxed all the graphics out just to see what it looks like and it looks NOTHING like the screen shots. The water looks ok but the terrain looks like as low res textures as you can use and the buildings look like they just dropped a lot of those little monopoly houses on the terrain.

Does it automatically just drop detail level to maintain a certain framerate? Or was that as good as it gets? Cause I was looking at N64 quality graphics.

BTW, I flew for like 29 minutes approaching the island landing only for this. What a waste of time. Note the ultra realistic grass and crash debris. (quote/)

note your gear up, flaps in spoilers not ... ohhh it dosnt even matter ... ehhh... total failure to execute a go around, or even make in on the runway.
i done have the rig for flightsimming anymore, or even the software,- im just a has-been... but heres how its done - from back in the day.
http://www.oc-rev.com/forums//showpost.php?p=3712&postcount=34

i want to see how this does on DX10 - pure and simple.
maybe someday ill get back into it, but the real world experience compared to the hype has me doubtful.

Last edited:
hafa said:
I ran it on a fresh Vista install and was thoroughly underwhelmed...FS2004 is vastly superior...

I ran it on a fresh Vista install as well and found the performance of both the OS and game to be extremely unacceptable. The game is a resource hog, know that! It Gobbled up 650 megs of my ram and crippled Vista to 95% non responsiveness when trying to access the task manager to end the process. It took about one minute to end the process from the second I hit Crtl Alt Del.

The graphics of FS have aslo taken a turn for the worse as they look like they are from the MTM era which was from around 1999. Just totally dissapointed in this.

When it started up the trainer level the graphics were set to 640x480 and poisoned my eyes, then it crashed. Uninstall ftw.

Well lets see how the Beta looks, just got my download information for it. Its 8.4gig download!!! So we'll see how this compares to the demo. Going to take a while though, about 1 hour 40min per 2gig chunk.

deathman20 said:
Well lets see how the Beta looks, just got my download information for it. Its 8.4gig download!!! So we'll see how this compares to the demo. Going to take a while though, about 1 hour 40min per 2gig chunk.
keep us posted, but i dont have high expectations anymore...

Well all I can say is its gotta be better then that crappy demo they put out.

I know its designed for DX10 which more ore less amazes me they still put out a beta for it.

Well its installing now just finished downloading it (missed a download over night). Anyways its a 15gig install and now going to run off to work. So I'll report back when I get home and get a chance to play with it.

Back