• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free Microsoft flight simulator X demo download!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well only took an hour to install if not mistaken.
13.6Gigs... 1,563 Folders and 42,420 Files later...

Well keeping an open mind thinking it should be fore DX10. At 1024x768 with low/medium settings I'm lucky if I even held 20FPS. I was mainly at 14-15FPS. But oine thing is for sure it utilizes Dual Core. I was pegged at 98-99%.

It takes forever and a day to load, uses a load of HDD space, actually I think its competing for Vista OS on size lol. Mix results I'd say currently but I'll play with it over the weekend. Right now my impression, it works better then that crappy demo they put out but its still not great by any means. Last FS I played was a few years ago and heck those ran very nicely even on crappy computers.

i only ever liked USNF '97 and USAF for flight sims..

i think USAF had better GFX than the screenies i'm seeing of flight sim X...

I am hoping the small airports near my house will be well represented. How great would it be to land in your own backyard.
I have always wanted to learn how to fly. Plus its a great excuse to get more WS's. lol

dfonda said:
I am hoping the small airports near my house will be well represented. How great would it be to land in your own backyard.
I have always wanted to learn how to fly. Plus its a great excuse to get more WS's. lol

Well, name a city and I'll see if its on the list. I know our small town has an airport and its listed. Actually its listed as an International Airport.

Back