• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED FX-6300 at 4.5 ok temp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Okay i see. No system are the same.
It ran prime95 all night and its 9 hours now and still no error at 200*20 1.275 volt. Core 38 and CPU 52 so i let et run all day and hope its okay, then i take it step by step.. Thx.

If that thing is running P95 Blend mode for hours at 1.275V; you are one lucky person. I wonder if the LLC is set to extreme and the actual loaded voltage to the cpu is really higher? Because CPUz > CPU Tab shows 1.414 Volts and so does HWMonitor (free) but that other monitor program you have which looks like Open Hardward Monitor is only showing about 1.236 volts. Something is off somewhere if both monitors and CPUz/CPU Tab are showing LOADED statistics.
RGone...

The pics above is for 4.5Ghz and are not the same as now.

LLC ? ohhh im noob in this hehe..

I step it down and only oc multiplier to 20 and set volt to 1.275 like this.

ZPvm.jpg

Last edited:
Okay i see. No system are the same.
It ran prime95 all night and its 9 hours now and still no error at 200*20 1.275 volt. Core 38 and CPU 52 so i let et run all day and hope its okay, then i take it step by step.. Thx.

Two things, 1 we still don't have a clue what the system specs are ans 2 if you had hwmonitor open while you were testing prime posting a screen shot would help us see "under the hood". It helps provide information like RGone was asking, such as how high the Cpu LLc is responding to the load of prime95.

I just attach the image to show volt.

When i get home i post a ss of hwmonitor and cpu-z so u can see under the hood. :)

Well, do u mean my system spec like in my sigature?

I just attach the image to show volt.

When i get home i post a ss of hwmonitor and cpu-z so u can see under the hood. :)

Well, do u mean my system spec like in my sigature?
Yes sorry, if it was there already I was on my tablet and I didn't see it. Thanks.

Im back.

XRa73.jpg

This is how its looks like under Prime95Blend and the v is 1,260 i set it to 1.275 in bios.

I went to the bios to check LLS, and cpu = high there was something calles extreme also. high is 50% it said.
and something called NB was on auto.

I have no idea what that mean, but i can search the web for information on what LLC is. :)

i like the temp at this speed.

Last edited:
Those temps are fine. Both package and CPU temps are well below that which would cause instability and even further away from temps high enough to damage components.

Hey again.

After a short break, I've finally found a stable point at 4.2Ghz. vcore is 1.375. Here are some pictures during and after 11 hours of Prime95.

max temp is 61 and was at night in the bedroom where it's pretty hot. Otherwise, it is of 54 at normal room temperature.

DUZKq.jpg

I8CeX.jpg

Maybe I can get more out of the 6300, but i think it rocks now in games and I love the temps under bf3, its under 50. ;)

Yes those are okay temps at that speed and with that Cpu Voltage. The higher one tries to go, the more voltage is required for stability and then the temps can ramp upward in a freeken hurry. Congrats man.
RGone...

Last edited:

Cool, thx.

1,375 i ran 4.3Ghz stabel. cannot run 4.4 at that v core. im okat with 4.3 max temp is still 54 ca.

But thanks.

1.4375 should do you to 4.5. mine seems ok at 4.6 but i settles at 4.58. Once CPU v gets to 1.45 the heat creeps up. HT should be ok on default to 2600 but NB will need to be checked if raising fsb as once it gets above 2200 it needs V tweaks to keep it stable.

#35 Super, i try that in the weekend and see my temps.

Cleaned my cables up in my cabinet and got a better airflow.

I'm happy with 4.3, but will I make the most of the oc by set fsb two 210 * 20.5 or just up the multiplier to 200 * 21.5?

Just to see how fine my cables are now hehe.

Xm0lb.jpg

Just an update again.

I found a new sweet spot in my system.

I oc the fsb to 220, set the multiplier to 20 = 4400 Mhz
Vcore is at 1,4125 LLC at high.

my ram went from 1866 normal sped to 2060 ca.

I cran Prime95 and cpu load 61 and package 47 roomtemp at 26. Normal is 22/23 and then its never get over 60 and 45 on package

i can really see a boost in my games.

Have a good weekend. ;)

ve1hq.jpg

That looks good Soegaard. Decent temps and all. Way to go! I've had this system since the winter and still haven't got tired of tinkering with it.

Got some new fans for my cpu and case, and I will like to hit 4.5ghz with my fx-6300

before i ran 4.4 at 220fsb multiplier at 20 and 1,418000 volt. LLC high. temps under prime95 was 59 ca.

now i set volt to 1,425000 LLC ultra high and miltiplier to 20.5 and hit 4.5xx. this is my temp under stress test prime95 is that okay?

Normal under games its about 53-55.

package are okay ?

m40C1.jpg

Back