• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED FX-6300 at 4.5 ok temp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, 70c on the Cpu and 62 c on the package, is about as high as you'll want to go. Your temps look good, how long did you run prime for at 4.5?

Im running prime95 now, and have done it for about 5 hours and no errors. I go for min 12 hours to see if its okay.

Okay, I thought 62 on cpu and 50 on package was limit, but then there is room to max temp i like that.

Unless you do some serious work with your pc 2 hours is sufficient. If I can pass 2 hours of prime on mine it does everything I need it to do without crashing, which included running F@H for 2 weeks straight 24/7 without a hitch.

great i stop mine, had to game bf3. ;) and it works fine.. really love this oc and from the first line i wrote in here i have learned a lot. thx and have a great sommer.

Just an update again again. ;)

22 Pultiplier
FSB 210
= 4635 Mhz

Vcore 1,44000 LLC Extreme 100%

7 hours in Prime95 no error. Max Vcore 1,488 peak

cpu temp was as high as 68, but most of the time 65. Package 51-56

I know the vcore is just in the high end, but the system is stable, is the temp ok? in games i cannot hit 60 on cpu temp so thats good and package under 50.

but dam, from 4.5 to 4.6 is hard to get there... hehe.

22 Pultiplier
FSB 210
= 4635 Mhz
What's the Pultiplier? :D :chair: Sorry I had to.

I know the vcore is just in the high end, but the system is stable, is the temp ok?
Your V core is fine, as well as the temps. Using the Pc on a day to day basis in most cases the Cpu will not be stressed like it is under prime.

but dam, from 4.5 to 4.6 is hard to get there... hehe.
When really stepping on the throttle it takes more and more Cpu V to get the next XXX Mhz. It is for you to decide what is worth it on a day to day basis. There will definitely be a point where the amount of Cpu V increase just isn't worth the gain in performance.

HA HA Multiplier sorry. ;)

I will nok go up to 1,5 and when LLC set to extreme 100% so i think 1,488 peak is the max and safe for me.

Well i game a lot bf3, and you right in my day the cpu will not get stressed like in prime. I hit 49 cpu temp in bf3 online and 41 on package, just gonna love my h80i. ;)

thx for a fast respons. ;)

When really stepping on the throttle it takes more and more Cpu V to get the next XXX Mhz. It is for you to decide what is worth it on a day to day basis. There will definitely be a point where the amount of Cpu V increase just isn't worth the gain in performance.

Wow that's an understatement Manny. Mine stable at 4.64 is 1.476 to get stable at 4.89 took 1.584v , that's a huge jump for 200MHz http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7484325&postcount=1

Godd show there Hr.Soegaard nice to see you're still tinkering away with that chip. :thup:

When bf4 is comming out maybe i take a 8350 if there is any performce change over the 1 more core it has. 6300 run my games så perfekt and with 60+fps love it.

Now im on 4.745 Mhz rock stable, but i really think i should get a better psu.
How most power does a fx-6300 oc to 4.7 take? 250 watt or more.. ?

I doubt FX-6300 draws a real 250 watts you ask about. I cannot see the Asus M5A99FX 2.0 motherboard even able to output that sort of current to the cpu, so there is no reason to imagine the cpu drawing that real current thru the VRMs.

Your power supply is sufficient for what you have likely without any doubt. However if you want to buy another power supply, just get one. A Gold rated 850 watt even if not needed. Seasonic makes a very good Gold rated 850 watt power supply. A little pricey but surely a good one.
RGone...

Thx for the fast respons. ;)

Im going to get another GTX760 very soon and i have had 2 x 7870xt with this psu and the cpu only at 4.2 ghz. But I think the PSU is not good enough, not when i overclock so much. What about HX1050 from Corsair? Or the Seasonic X series 1050? both gold psu. i Also oc my gfx so i need the power. ;) ?

If it's the XFX PSU in your signature you should be fine. Seasonic makes the XFX power supplies so they are quality units. A GTX 760 is around 170w when overclocked even if you are going throttle to the floor with the 6300 I doubt you'll exceed 200w. So you have 340w for the Gpu's and 200w for the Cpu you're fine with the PSU you have.

I know with my system

Ohh super, but i get GTX760 SLI next week and was thinking maybe a better psu like gold/plati.. but maybe i just try the one i have.. ;)

Sorry man, I was going to write more and didn't realize I didn't erase everything. Hence the "I know with my system".

I feel trying the 750w you have is the best bet, you shouldn't have an issue running sli. If it doesn't have the power, I assume it will do the same thing my seasonic unit did when I overpowered it and just shut down.

Okay i try. ;)

When i hit 4.7 with my 6300, i oc fsb to 215*22 @ 1,488 LLC high
I was reading on the internet, that it was only in the old days you oc the fsb, because today everything is so fast. So i was thinking, let me set fsb back to 200 and multiplier to 23,5 same v core. But i got error in Prime95. i need 1.5 vcore to get to 4.7 when only oc the multiplier. :( but the temps are almost the same but im confused. ;) hehe..

I don't think you have read enough in THIS forum section. Most of us in here have known for nearly two years now that to get the last few Mhz from Thubans and FX cpus, that the FSB/HT Freq also needs to be used and n0t just the multiplier. BY so doing the best Cpu Speed can be reached and "often" with a little less Vcore or a tiny bit more speed at the same Vcore. So most definitely, we are using a combination of multiplier and the FSB/HT Freq.
RGone...ster.

Okay i try. ;)

When i hit 4.7 with my 6300, i oc fsb to 215*22 @ 1,488 LLC high
I was reading on the internet, that it was only in the old days you oc the fsb, because today everything is so fast. So i was thinking, let me set fsb back to 200 and multiplier to 23,5 same v core. But i got error in Prime95. i need 1.5 vcore to get to 4.7 when only oc the multiplier. :( but the temps are almost the same but im confused. ;) hehe..

Back