• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-8150 @4.63 Can I push it more?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Okay, so I set the CPU/NB to Auto, and decided not to mess with that until I know more about it.

Instead, I upped my core clock to 242, and the multiplier to 19. It's stable at 4.6GHz with the memory running at 1942MHz! I'm giving 1.5V to VCore and 1.52 to DRAM. I ran LinX, Prime95 (for about four hours), OCCT. No errors.

The thing is, I feel I can push it a wee bit more, but the only thing stopping me now is the heat. I tried upping the bus a little (244), the temps go over 60 degrees, and that's not something I want on this chip. Currently, they over around the late 50's. I'm using an H100, so is this the limiting factor?

I'm thinking of maybe reading up and trying out custom water-cooling, but I wanted to know, does it offer substantially lower temps as compared to an pre-made water-cooling kit (such as an H100)?
The H100 is great.
If you want to go higher, you'd need a better CPU. 1.5v is already pushing things for GloFo's 32nm SOI.

The better of the bunch will see about 4.8 with good cooling (H100+, custom water) and 1.5v.

Back