• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming Rig for 800$ - best for it's money

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That board is not viable for your build...

As far as the $350 build amd what it can do, look at our review on the front page. Cpu is of course different, but, you will find its not Mich of a gamer at 1080. $350 gaming machine o would tell the person to save more money. ;)

It's interesting anyway.
I'm watching youtube videos now about this APU and it's very very funny:

Overclocking of 5350.

It's hilarious. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
For your videos... Shorten them 15m is an eternity for what you are covering, imho.

Thx. fro advice. I will try.

What is the point of pc gaming if you can turn the settings up enough to look as good or better than a console.

I have been running laptop repair service for 4 years.
You can't even imagine what people play at. )))

I'm telling you. All starting from HD4000 and ending with a highest GPU. World gone crazy!

Also, there are some games which just better for PC experience.
With Mantle enabled - even possible to have fun with 1080p and medium details.

Hi all.
Just uploaded new video about gaming rig for 800$.

Here is config mentioned in this video:

Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 AM3+
CPU: AMD FX 8350
GPU: GIGABYTE GV-R929WF3-4GD Radeon R9 290 4GB
RAM: HyperX Fury Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866
SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series SV300S37A/240G 2.5" 240GB SATA III
Power supply: Corsar CX600
Case: DEEPCOOL TESSERACT

Let me know what you think about it. :salute:

+Kingston RAM doesn't play well with AMD
+That board would be crushed by that CPU
+The case is terrible
+There are better PSU for that price
+SSD is the worst on the market

Oh dang, I missed the Kingston RAM on AMD... That's even more trouble.
lol wut?

I would avoid the V300 and get something from Samsung, SanDisk or Crucial. The V300 has the highest return rate and the worse perf of the whole SSD industry!

The mobo won't cut it, as said by everyone above.

I'd go Asrock Pro3 and i5 4690K... It should not cost more than a decent motherbard (Sabertooth 990FX...)+FX 8350, and outperforms it by far for gaming, unless you take the 8350 to 4.7/4.8GHz. That will need a very high end air cooler/AIO, or a custom loop, all together with a 225W TDP (same as FX9590).

Agreed, the good kingston SSD are the hyper x

The question is what are you trying to say? Whats wrong with AMD? Better yet kingston the oldest companys and one of the most reliable brands of RAM in history?

- - - Updated - - -

8350 not cut out for gaming?

Are you serial?!?!?!

First, it's WELL DOCUMENTED that Kingston and the FX processors have issues running together. There have been threads about it at least three times in the past month.

Second, read the thread. I never said the 8350 wasn't cut out for gaming, he was talking about the 5350. You know, THE POST I QUOTED.

Slow the heck down. Read the thread. Put some thought in to your posts.

First, it's WELL DOCUMENTED that Kingston and the FX processors have issues running together. There have been threads about it at least three times in the past month.

Second, read the thread. I never said the 8350 wasn't cut out for gaming, he was talking about the 5350. You know, THE POST I QUOTED.

Slow the heck down. Read the thread. Put some thought in to your posts.

Ahh I see, sorry man, just doing hyper reading here my bad. Did not know kingstys were having issues with FX memory controllers. Been out of the loop for like 6 months plz forgive. Memory I been using on my FXs has been Gskill and Radeon memory like now, smooth as butter.

Ahh I see, sorry man, just doing hyper reading here my bad. Did not know kingstys were having issues with FX memory controllers. Been out of the loop for like 6 months plz forgive. Memory I been using on my FXs has been Gskill and Radeon memory like now, smooth as butter.

That's why I say to slow down and read before posting.
You might not get as many posts out, but you get more QUALITY posts. And that's what matters :)

That's why I say to slow down and read before posting.
You might not get as many posts out, but you get more QUALITY posts. And that's what matters :)

Yeah Im just bored right now posting a lot, maybe Ill go do some gaming and listen to 13 year olds praise the 3rd reich in Red Orchestra 2..... lol

I just been out of loop for a while like I said with HW and I need to get up to date. Ohh wait my A+ card expires in 2 years!!!

Name it, pls. )
But in terms of gaming performance. What exactly Today can be better for the Games, with 800$ budget.

My rig? O.O

99$ 8320
169$ sabertooth
125$ 270x
75$ ram
60$ psu
50$ case
79$ crucial mx500 240gb

add 125$ for a 290 upgrade...

and we're at less than 800 still with no compatibility issues, questionable motherboard or known poor performing ssd.

cool video and all, but you really should have done your homework. It's cool though, I made the EXACT same mistakes (even got that same damn ram lol). Outside of the overclocking sites, it's not common knowledge. "Well it SAYS it's compatible, so it must be fine" mentality.

99$ 8320
169$ sabertooth
125$ 270x
75$ ram
60$ psu
50$ case
79$ crucial mx500 240gb

I think thta Sabertooth it's a senseless buy for AMD system.
Who will build multi-GPU on AMD now? I think nobody.

so in this case 970 chipset is much suitable.

I think thta Sabertooth it's a senseless buy for AMD system.
Who will build multi-GPU on AMD now? I think nobody.

so in this case 970 chipset is much suitable.

Why not multigpu amd?
970 chip boards will never be as good overclockers as a 990FX board.

970 would be ok for maybe a quad core FX or a phenom or athlon but I wouldnt put an 8 core in there

Why not multigpu amd?
970 chip boards will never be as good overclockers as a 990FX board.

970 would be ok for maybe a quad core FX or a phenom or athlon but I wouldnt put an 8 core in there

Yes, 990FX is the best for FX overclocking.
But GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3P can make almost the same.
The main difference will be in PCI-express lines.

Personally, I'm disappointed with multi-GPU configs. Powerfull, single GPU give's much more stable FPS with better FPS time.
So, rather than waste money for CF\SLi it's better to buy one powerful GPU and not listen marketing tales about 4k\5k.

Why do people who understand so little about system builds post system builds? It's as bad as austin even's youtube channel. 5960X gaming rig, AMD 5150 gaming rig. Terrible ideas. Why bother trying to post a build to show off to people who can post better builds themselves?

Not hating on anybody or anything but the build by the OP in this tread was REALLY bad and clearly no research had been done.

Most interesting thing is.
That this build I've took from " Tech Syndicate" on YouTube:

So, Logan and his army of fans are in danger. ))))

Last edited:
Yes, 990FX is the best for FX overclocking.
But GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3P can make almost the same.
The main difference will be in PCI-express lines.

Personally, I'm disappointed with multi-GPU configs. Powerfull, single GPU give's much more stable FPS with better FPS time.
So, rather than waste money for CF\SLi it's better to buy one powerful GPU and not listen marketing tales about 4k\5k.

I had a Gigabyte 970 board about 2 years ago, fried the VRM and they caught fire.....

Back