• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming Rig for 800$ - best for it's money

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Most interesting thing is.
That this build I've took from " Tech Syndicate" on YouTube:

So, Logan and his army of fans are in danger. ))))

Yes, they actually are. An 8-core FX on that motherboard is literally a fire hazard.

Yes, 990FX is the best for FX overclocking.
But GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3P can make almost the same.
The main difference will be in PCI-express lines.

Personally, I'm disappointed with multi-GPU configs. Powerfull, single GPU give's much more stable FPS with better FPS time.
So, rather than waste money for CF\SLi it's better to buy one powerful GPU and not listen marketing tales about 4k\5k.

After bricking 2 970 boards completely stock on an 8320, and running my sabertooth at 4.5-5.0ghz all day, 24/7 for literally months straight... I think the saberkitty speaks for itself.

that build Logan made is literally one of the worst I've ever seen. It won't work. Won't overclock. Won't be reliable. That "cost effective" rig will wind up costing 1000$ over getting replacement parts when the ram AND the mother board don't function properly.

Edit: not only can my sabertooth over clock higher, but with its advanced and superior llc I am able to run higher frequencies at lower voltages. I can run 5.0, p95 stable for hours, at 1.4v and never go above 70c on the core. I am firmly confident no 970 board can match that.

I think this whole thread was a joke.

I kinda feel bad, the guy posts his build and we all shoot it down. He's trying to justify his build is all. Hard to swallow you made a mistake when you just blew several hundred dollars.

So he'll either learn from this, or continue on and brick his parts...

I kinda feel bad, the guy posts his build and we all shoot it down. He's trying to justify his build is all. Hard to swallow you made a mistake when you just blew several hundred dollars.

So he'll either learn from this, or continue on and brick his parts...

Perhaps my words were too strong. I just think people need to do more research before re-posting builds they see on Youtube, which, from my experience, are all pretty bad, with the exception of TastyPCTV and OC3D who are always on the money. Everybody else throws together trash without doing research. Especially Austin Evans.

Perhaps my words were too strong. I just think people need to do more research before re-posting builds they see on Youtube, which, from my experience, are all pretty bad, with the exception of TastyPCTV and OC3D who are always on the money. Everybody else throws together trash without doing research. Especially Austin Evans.

"Hey guys! This is Austin!"

Kid makes me sick every time I hear his stupid voice...

at least Linus does his homework!

Most interesting thing is.
That this build I've took from " Tech Syndicate" on YouTube:
So, Logan and his army of fans are in danger. ))))

YanWest, just because a person has a YouTube channel doesn't mean they know what they're are talking about. The MSI 970A G-43 is a budget motherboard at best, running a Fx 8350 on one and recommending it to others, is irresponsible. That board can barely handle a AMD Phenom II chip and unless he is sponsored by MSI I can't fathom why anyone would recommend one. If one is any sort of an experienced Pc builder they should do some research on the products they choose. MSI boards are notorious for poor Vrm sections and have had many failures. Here's a nice list for you to read of Vrm failures notice how many are MSI. I personally had 2 more robust MSI motherboards fry on me trying to mildly OC a Phenom II 955 be, before I had the knowledge I have today. I have had my Fx 8350 since it was first released and have learned a lot about it. The most important aspect of running one is, it needs quality components to run it well. If overclocking nothing short of a Stout motherboard and top tier cooling need apply. This is another thread you should have a read through, if you want to build rigs for others and use a Fx Cpu.

"Hey guys! This is Austin!"

Kid makes me sick every time I hear his stupid voice...

at least Linus does his homework!

I loathe austin evans. He actually did a straight gaming rig build with a 5960X. What a tool that guy is.
The only people I trust to truly give good build advice are Linus, Lauren from Tasty PCTV and Tiny Tom Logan from OC3D.

I loathe austin evans. He actually did a straight gaming rig build with a 5960X. What a tool that guy is.
The only people I trust to truly give good build advice are Linus, Lauren from Tasty PCTV and Tiny Tom Logan from OC3D.

lol if I had an extra 5 grand for frivolous spending, Id be tempted into the 5690 myself :D. Its not like he paid for it...

I like X99 systems.
They are awesome, but overpriced.
If I was on the market for NEW rig with 5000$ budged, I would choose X99 and X5960.
For the money you get true versatile performance rig which such good for games as for work also.
Moreover. You have upgrade gap for 1 CPU gen minimum, unlike Z99 it's a dead-end.

Anyway, there is an option for X99 rig - to go for a 5820k and upgrade in a 2 years for X5960, or next gen-8cores-CPU.
Although, I doubt that next 2-3 years games will "eat more that 8 cores".
Next-gen consoles just will not allow this.
So, X5960 - it's a best choice for games for the next 5 years.
16 threads are very cool in video and 3D editing .

P.s.
Personally, I see no reason for upgrade next 2 years with my system. I've read and watched tons of reviews and videos and see no sense for upgrade. The only thing that I'd like to have is real time full HD render on X5960 but when I count how much it cost... no no no. )))

I like X99 systems.
They are awesome, but overpriced.
If I was on the market for NEW rig with 5000$ budged, I would choose X99 and X5960.
For the money you get true versatile performance rig which such good for games as for work also.
Moreover. You have upgrade gap for 1 CPU gen minimum, unlike Z99 it's a dead-end.

Anyway, there is an option for X99 rig - to go for a 5820k and upgrade in a 2 years for X5960, or next gen-8cores-CPU.
Although, I doubt that next 2-3 years games will "eat more that 8 cores".
Next-gen consoles just will not allow this.
So, X5960 - it's a best choice for games for the next 5 years.
16 threads are very cool in video and 3D editing .

P.s.
Personally, I see no reason for upgrade next 2 years with my system. I've read and watched tons of reviews and videos and see no sense for upgrade. The only thing that I'd like to have is real time full HD render on X5960 but when I count how much it cost... no no no. )))

Z99? X5960? Homework, need to do, do you, Yoda says.

It's Z97 and its NOT a dead end. It'll take unreleased broadwell chips dude.

Z99? X5960? Homework, need to do, do you, Yoda says.

It's Z97 and its NOT a dead end. It'll take unreleased broadwell chips dude.

Dude, I mistyped.

Z97 will never get more than 4 cores, 8 threads.
Intel is king of the hill now, and will not compete with it's X99 series.
Broadwell will have maximum +5% performance gap against Haswell on the same frequencies.

Everything is obvious and well known about Broadwell. It's best feature will be more powerful GPU part.
****ty GPU that nobody needs.

Sad, but true.

AMD promised new CPU and GPU for the 2016, so let's hope for the best. ;)
Until then, Intel "tick-tack" +5% per year. )))

Yan. I'm usually "that guy" so I'll do it again.

You came to a site with some of the most knowledgeable people in the world on the subject with a sub par build. You will get nothing but honest feedback here. If you want accolades for your crap system goto YouTube or reddit. Those that know, know that system is worthless for over clocking ( overclockers.com?????), and will not stand any measurable test of time. The ram is not compatible with fx processors, and the whole thing will not perform as intended.

Enjoy your build, maybe next time do some research or don't act holier than thou without knowing anything.

Basically, accept what you've built with some modicum of humility, or go elsewhere looking for faux approval.

Yan. I'm usually "that guy" so I'll do it again.

You came to a site with some of the most knowledgeable people in the world on the subject with a sub par build. You will get nothing but honest feedback here. If you want accolades for your crap system goto YouTube or reddit. Those that know, know that system is worthless for over clocking ( overclockers.com?????), and will not stand any measurable test of time. The ram is not compatible with fx processors, and the whole thing will not perform as intended.

Enjoy your build, maybe next time do some research or don't act holier than thou without knowing anything.

Basically, accept what you've built with some modicum of humility, or go elsewhere looking for faux approval.

applause.jpg

That was dirty. I like it.

Back