• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

-= Get Your Volt Mods Here! =-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
AllBrain said:
I am looking for a Vmod for the Chaintech 7njl1 or 7njs. Can someone please help me?

Hi ALLBrain!

I have no information on a vmod for that mobo, but i'll be that it has the same Intersil 6031 voltage controllers as 95% of all the other mobo's out there.

Read the mod that I wrote for the Shuttle AK31 here and see if you can find the 6301 controller on your mobo. If you can, just do the same mod.

Good luck, and let me know how you make out!

:)

Doc

Thank you.

I read the mod and was just wondering what voltage it ups. Vcore, Vdimm or Vdd. Sorry if my question was a bit on vage side.
I need to up the Vdd.

Thanks again.

I need a volt mod for a MSI K7N2 motherboard i have looked every where does any one know where i can find one? Thx guys

Hi FIRESTARR357!

I'm sorry to report that I can't find one either, however I may be able to help you.

First go here and see if you have one of the Semtec SC 1155 IC's on your board. If you can't find one of those, try looking for one that looks similar, but has "HIP6301CB" or somthing close to that printed on it. It will have fewer legs than the Semtec.

If you find the semtec, do the same mod that I wrote here, except use pin #6. If it uses the 6301CB, do the mod the same as written

Good luck!

Doc

Thx for that help doctor but i can't find either of those on my motherboard, Has any one ever been able to flash another MB makers bios on there boards, i know its a long shot but just wanna know if any one has ever done it and if so what where the boards? Also if i make a back up disk for my bios and all that would i be safe to try it, after i restart if i get a black screen is there any way to save my MB with the back up disk. Thx for any help guys

I'm sorry to report that it's essentially impossible to flash another mobo's bios to your board. The only time I've seen it done is using a bios from the same manufactures mobo thats a newer model, but the exact same chipset and features. This was done with limited, and unstable results.

The only suggestion I have for you would be to look for and IC chip similar to the ones in the links I sent you. Check around the area of the CPU, or where the PSU connects to the mobo.

If you find one, or several, note the codes printed on the chip, and we may be able to develope a mod for it.

Good luck!

Doc

The only one near the cpu and where the power connects to the motherboard and looks like the chip in the link has this code printed on it,

MS-3 A0
U-F3GW4
G-02481

Thx for all your help doctor you da man lol.:D

Well FIRESTARR357, I searched high & low and couldn't find anything on those chips.

The reality of it all is that there is one there somewhere, it's just a matter of finding it. I hate to say it, but without the board in front of me, there's not much more help I can be to you.

Maybe if you have a digital camera take a few pix of it. Especially the large IC's around the CPU, and/or the PSU connector.

Lemme know,

Doc

hmm... Ive looked around a bit and have yet to find this... so ill just post here.. I'm lookin for some volt mods for my M7VIT Non-Pro Biostar mainboard. i hvnt came up w/ anything myself and thought that someone else might be able to...

thnx 4 any help

-AcidBurn-

i've heard that the msi k7d uses the same voltage regulator as the abit kt7. think there's any chance of swinging that with the msi?

Back