• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 480 vs570 vs 560ti

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
im looking at picking up one of these cards. i have a 5770 right now and have had nothing but problems from it for 2 and a half years. AMD drivers downright blow. this is my first AMD card and will be my last.

Yea....thats further than me atm lol. I brought it up to 880 then the driver crashed or something....kept it stock ever since for now haha.

I wouldn't fear going to water. Just be sure to leak test, as long as your parts are off while testing and you spring a leak, you'll be fine as there is no electrical current for the water to conduct and shock your parts. I just put my first WC build together this past weekend and failed my first leak test miserably. Just doing periodic iso alcohol cleansing throughout the day and a day and a half of air drying and the parts ran great. As long as you're smart you'll be able to save your parts, if you're really good, you won't mess up :p

Also, use distilled water, you could totally skip the iso cleansing step and just spray off the water with compressed air and wait a few to dry and have at it again, learn from others' mistakes ;)

I also have a GTX 480 that is now OC'd due to the water cooling. Never had complaints before but now I've upped all the clocks by ~200mhz each and damn! Performance is wonderful.

I was looking at bunch of benchmark scores between 6970 vs 570 vs 480 vs 580 and to me 570 looks like the best buy, it was always ahead of 480 about 99% ahead of 6970 and around 10-15flps behind 580, it runs cool way cheaper than 580 and i made a decision not to come back to ati after the driver issues i had with my 5770 crossfire.

So i ordered EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked 2 days ago hoping that superclocked version will have better overclocking gpu since its usually the case because they tend to put better performing chips in higher clocked products just like with cpus, might not be the case depents if i get lucky, but the price difference was only $10 so i decided it was worth a try, when the card comes in i will do some testing and post results, if i dont forget since i will be busy reinstalling os on my new drives

its all there, 480 stock and 570 stock are both close but 570 wins out 99% on those benchmarks, and superclocked version is the overclocked one and it leaves 480 in the dust, plus that overclock is so insignificant, if i can get mine stable at 900 gpu core no 480 will be able to touch it

Evga GTX 570 SC- super clocked if you missed that, its there

At 820 mhz, the gtx 480 SOC comes within 2-1 fps to the 580. In some cases it even beats it.
How close does the 570 get to the 580 at 900mhz?

Price is also a factor, the 570 costs rougly $130 more than 480 SOC.

not sure, my card still in transit but im sure that cooler running 570 being ahead of 480 on stock clocks will overclock better than hot, power hungry 480 its just common sense. Let me guess you never owned a big hot card or at least sli or crossfired mid range cards? trust me if you get 480 you wont be happy with it even if it slightly outperforms 570 when both overclocked which doesn't seem likely, its always better to go with newer, smarter technology

i dont know how it is in UK but here in US 480 is only about $10 cheaper which isnt a factor when you spend over $300 on a card anyways

Trust me you will be unpleasantly surprised when you see what we meant by hot power-hungry card, especially if you overclock on air, those temps will go up fast and that means the noise too.

Ok, If I get enough $$$ I will get a 570, if I dont then a 480.
My rig is loud enough so I dont mind noise, but I have plenty of fans to keep things cool.
I also want to OC my gfx card a lot, but I am worried about the vrm issues of the 570.

cant say anything for sure until mine comes in and i do some testing, should be this weekend.

Just had a look at the price of the EVGA 570 super clocked.
Its about a third more than a 480.
I am a student who already stretched his budget, was originally going for a 560, but that didnt cut it performance wise until I found the 480 SOC which was about the same price but more or less performed as well as 580.

Yeah I know 480s get hot and draw a lot of power, but what can you do lol :rofl:

EDIT: cheapest I could find is
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/...diagtx570fermiseries/msi/n570gtx-m2d12d5.html

Just noticed that EVGA Gtx580 on newegg is $499.99 + $30 mail in rebate = $479.99 thats not bad, but i got my EVGA 570 SC for $359.99 + $20 mail in rebate= $339.99 and if i need more gpu power later on ill probably get another 570 for SLI which will destroy single 580

Back