• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 480 vs570 vs 560ti

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its too bad the 570 is so expensive there. When its oced it can easily hang with a 580, until you oc the 580 lol :D I think the 570 is an awsome card, its the strongest, coolest running card Ive ever owned :) But I am kind of cheap so..

Also, I do have a 465, and holy heck, thats a hot running card if you let it. I can only imagine what its like running a 480... yikes :eek:

A normal 480 costs $330 or less, the SOC costs 360.
The cheapest 570 costs $412, but If I was to buy a 570 I would want to buy a high quality version with a decent cooler and good overclocking.
That would be around $500 .

From benchmarks I cant justify the difference in cost. I will also save on heating in the winter :D

The best cards are EVGA they give you like 10yr warranty which is pretty much lifetime since no gpu will be good enough for 10yrs performance wise, but since 480 runs so hot i do concur that you should go with non reference card with better cooler, or go with EVGA and buy aftermarket cooler

This is a really good GTX570 review video which also shows how good of an overclocker it is, check it out

Watching it now, can I just say, that the EVGA 570 looks smoking hot lol.
I am not a big fan of pink but it seems to work with that card.
But anyway, looks dont matter. Will edit once I finish.

Yeah ok lo, you have made your point.
The 570 is a nice card , but I cant see myself spending around £80 more on a graphics card.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/309?vs=306
700mhz 480 vs 732mhz 570

I am looking for performance per buck , the 570 is however out of my range.
In my range, theres the 560, 6950 and 480, and the 480 beats them. Yes it gets hot and noisy, but its not a deal breaker for me. After reading a lot of user revies, it doesnt seem to be as loud or hot as people make out.

Last edited:
Don't let the hype around "hot 480" fool you. A case with good airflow and the fan profile adjusted, even a reference design OCs very well. I have two Galaxy reference design cards running in a a 900 two case with a minor OC and they barely hit 80 degrees with the fan set to 70%. Some aftermarket coolers do very well cooling the 480 hence Gigabytes SOC card.

Indeed, What is the best 480?
Not sure anymore whether to buy reference, zotac amp, msi lightning , gigabyte SOC or any other

Reference will be cheap but loud and hot

Zotac amp is a step up in that it takes care of the heat and noise, but its still a reference pcb. Means it may not OC quite as well, but mines been running at 850/1700/2002 for months now anyway, which is a great 480 air OC, trades blows with a stock 580.

The MSI and Gigabyte are both custom PCB's with similar high end cooling designs, the gigabyte looks the best to me personally. Probably will go 30-40mhz faster than what I can do on mine, which is nice but not worth a whole lot of extra money

It depends on what the prices are on each. The 480 might be a year old, and may have garnered a lot of mixed opinions at launch, but its still FAST. Make no mistake, by my measure, it still qualifies as the second fastest single gpu card on the market (After the 580, trades blows with 6970, and wins points against the 570 because of the VRAM advantage.) If you can find one at a compelling price, don't hesitate to pull the trigger. A $300 480 is a much better value than a $500 580.

Ok finally got my card and did some testing and found out something interesting that i dont understand, righ now im running stable overclock @ 900/1800/2000 on 1.04v and my score on furmark 1.9.0 is around 1200 up and down about 50 or so each time, but when i set clocks at 930/1860/2100 on 1.07v i get scores under 1000 like 995 so no where near those lower clocks i listed above, any idea why? all tests were done on the same settings furmark 1.9.0 benchmark preset:1080

card is throtteling.

^^^ with the 5xx cards, you need to find a balance between best performance while keeping it away from the threshold where the card throttles. Don't use furmarks, it creates an unrealistic load on the gpu and causes it to down clock itself too soon. I'd be willing to bet if you ran a normal game benchmark, the 900 to 930 bump would scale properly.

why would it throttle down if the card didn't even reach 65C ? the highest ive seen is 64C

most of those people had power limit disabled and/or ran at max or over max allowed voltage.

i think the main reason why they have those limiters on power consumption is because they were trying to bring down the temps and they did amazing job with that i havent gone over 65c yet ever with burn test and thats with 900/1800/2000 overclock my smaller and a lot less powerful 5770s ran like 80c-85c overclocked in burn test

Back