• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! GA-Z68-X UEFI (green, yellow, red lights - Corsair H80i fans on blast)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It isn't the CPU load. It's just showing that the phase change is working. It displays energy saving through tighter voltage regulation. It does nothing except show off how "green" the board is.

The issue you're having with the fans is almost certainly the software side of it. Reinstall/recalibrate your cooler's software side and it should tone it down. Try it.

The issue you're having with the fans is almost certainly the software side of it. Reinstall/recalibrate your cooler's software side and it should tone it down. Try it.

oh ok. but there was no software installed.

The new UEFI bios must have changed something. Do you have the dynamic energy saver utility installed? Check the Gigabyte website for your motherboard and see if there's a utility there called that. It may have a manual with it that explains how it turns on the lights.

The new UEFI bios must have changed something. Do you have the dynamic energy saver utility installed? Check the Gigabyte website for your motherboard and see if there's a utility there called that. It may have a manual with it that explains how it turns on the lights.

i've tried to do some reading but cant figure it out...

it sounds like for some reason your board thinks your processor is running at 100% load, so it's giving the pwm signal to your fans to run at max, and providing maximum power phase regulation.

It's weird,

yeah thats exactly what i was thinking. i believe the lights/cpu fan speed is directly related because the lights were not on before, well at least i know the red and yellow ones weren't, not sure about the green.

i wanna get this thing sorted...the fans are loud as **** on high.

i wish i could use my bgears b blasters, because those fans are very workable on full speed. but their not pwm and honestly id rather have my board take care of the cpu temps. i already have to watch my gpu and set accordingly. although, not really because i have so much cooling on that thing nothing touches it. i have a kuhler 620 on the gtx 670 push pull config with bgears on it. and where the rad is mounted the fans blow directly accross my card. then i have another 90mm fan custom mounted above the 620 pump on my gtx 670 blowing directly on the card. but now im getting off topic :)

Back