• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how we tell system temp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adriana

hey guys just got my computer started woot!! how do we tell system temperature and vga? and also how do i know if i have sata hdd. i saw my hdd in primary master ide not sata

please help! also my computer keep making this beeping nosie when i type on aim or when i press something

The way i look at my system temp is to go into the bios. In there, there should be a section called PC health status or something to that effect, and should tell you what your voltages are and your temps.

Download this to see your CPU and Case temps from windows. It's called Motherboard Monitor 5 and is used by many people at OCForums. If you don't like that program you can always search for others, there are quite a few.

For monitoring VGA temps your video card manufacturer should have some program to do that. Check out their website and see what you can find.

If your hard drive is shown under Primary Master IDE then it is not a SATA drive. SATA and IDE are two different types of drives.

I do not know what is up with your keyboard. Maybe you are pushing too many buttons at once? I know if I push a lot at the same time my computer will beep.

oh but i got an 800jd SATA, how do i make it sata? i plugged it in sata1 on mobo and the power adapater

Regarding the beeping, sounds like maybe you haven't hooked up any kind of speakers. If that is the case, hook something up and see if it doesn't stop the beeping.

adriana said:
oh but i got an 800jd SATA, how do i make it sata? i plugged it in sata1 on mobo and the power adapater

Does it not work? If you have it plugged in and powered up and its an sata drive, you should be good to go.

you can't "make a drive sata." it's either sata or ide. if you plugged it into the sata slot on your mobo, then it's a sata drive.

Back