• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED IE11 corruption

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadowdr

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Things are often out of place or just wrong like when playing BF4 and at the end it say Your Team won or lost it has different letters over it so you have to actually look at the scores and see. It seems like I had this issue when my .NET install was corrupt but I have used the .NET checker tool and it appears to be OK.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IE11.jpg
    IE11.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 155
Could it be a flash issue I thought where they are located its trying to load flash items on the page, and have you done a full IE reset under Control Panel >> Internet Options >> Advanced tab see if that fixes anything.

Could it be a flash issue I thought where they are located its trying to load flash items on the page, and have you done a full IE reset under Control Panel >> Internet Options >> Advanced tab see if that fixes anything.

Haven't tried that yet because I do have some security settings changed like refusing my address and ad tracking, the reason that ad doesn't show up. Might try that if No one else knows what the issue might be.

Original poster, I just saw exact same thing on my own system's Internet Explorer which I rarely use. It was Windows 8.0 - Internet Explorer 10. Maybe it was an add that could not be displayed?

Yeah, it is still there on the top but the one on the side is gone. Thing is that it is not where it should be and doesn't display the message correctly. Just weird how some things are out of place.

shadowdr, I had the very same thing happen today here on OC. I am using IE11 but this is the first time I've seen anything like this. I'll keep an eye on this & see if it happens again.
Dan

Just got this! Got out & back into OC.com & it's still there. This is the only site I've had a problem so far.:confused:

EDIT: It only shows up on the forums tab none of the others.

Attachments

• problem1.PNG
    problem1.PNG
    53.9 KB · Views: 103
I just got out of this site & went into about 30 other site & no problems. Got back in here & it's still there. I'm starting to think it's a problem here.

Edit: Today the add at the top of the page is coming & going OK & then not.

Last edited:
I am seeing the ad now properly placed but still on other sites I still see, usually text in the wrong place like covering the login box or over pictures making the text that should be there unreadable. So no one else ever sees that?

Well, it's not just IE, Chrome sometimes displays the word "Placeholder" where the ads should be.

I posted a thread in the mod hotline a few weeks ago, some of the admins were seeing this too.... :shrug:

Well I did an image restore of my win. 7 system. I've been on here for about 1/2 hr. & all is working OK. I don't know if that fixed it or not but I will see, good right now.

Well I did an image restore of my win. 7 system. I've been on here for about 1/2 hr. & all is working OK. I don't know if that fixed it or not but I will see, good right now.

Probably not, because it's more likely to be messed up ads than your OS papadan....

You are probably right since it is only happening to me on this site. The restore did clear it up because I was on OC.com this morning before the restore & it was still messing up. I don't know what's going on.:bang head

IMO, don't worry about it.

I know that there was a new ad provider on the site, and the ads are slowing the site down.

I think OCF wants INET to boot 'em out the door :p

IMO, don't worry about it.

I know that there was a new ad provider on the site, and the ads are slowing the site down.

I think OCF wants INET to boot 'em out the door :p
Yes if they are having problems with the adds it was probably just a coincidence that something changed after my restore. You are right it has been really slow today.

Back