• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech G510 Pandora?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slothster88

Registered
I just got the Logitech G510 for my bday from my GF and wans wondering if there was a Pandora applet for it? I could not find anything.. Also if there are any of you out there with cool applets that dont come with it or off its site please let me know. I LOVE this keyboard!! Thanks! Heck I would be happy if I could just get the media keys to change the songs while I was in a game or something.

Last edited:
Woah, we're half way there

I just got the Logitech G510 for my bday from my GF and wans wondering if there was a Pandora applet for it? I could not find anything..

I know this thread is a little old but I am replying to it since it is the first hit on Google for "Pandora g510."

I found myself in the same situation after I bought the keyboard at frys this past Sunday. I tried searching for a plugin but I was unable to find anything. I checked to see if maybe there was a Pandora plugin for Windows Media player since that is one of the default plugins for the keyboard but I didn't find anything for that either.

I decided to write the plugin myself. :thup:

Here is what it looks like:

Ic2hw.jpg

The only down side is that Pandora doesn't offer an API. Since there is no API the media buttons trigger click events sent to the Pandora desktop App Window (it won't interrupt your game) and the song information is pulled from the System Tray icon text. At the moment it would be too much of a pain to implement changing stations. I am going to clean up the code and then release the source code so if I should die and Pandora updates their app someone can update this code. I'll post the compiled binaries too, so you can just install it. :blah:

What you need:
G510 or G13 (will probably work on G15/G19)
Windows 7 32bit or 64bit
Pandora Desktop App

What works:
Play/Pause
Skipping Songs
Thumb up/down
Start Pandora
Displaying Song/Artist

What doesn't work:
Changing stations

To do
Add better Pandora detection and error information.
Add basic animation to confirm button clicks.
Independent volume control for Pandora

**Update**
Download and Instructions

Last edited:
Even though this original thread is old...

I'm super excited I started following it today cause I've been beating my head into a wall trying to find an applet like the one you're making. Eagerly awaiting your hard work :D :D :D

I'm super excited I started following it today cause I've been beating my head into a wall trying to find an applet like the one you're making. Eagerly awaiting your hard work :D :D :D

I added the option to start Pandora from the plugin and ability to choose Like or Dislike for songs is now possible. After I get off work later today I'll post the binaries. Just to reiterate, you do need Windows 7 and the Pandora desktop application in order for this to work. I may have to make slight modifications for Vista/XP.

HqXgb.jpg

For those about to rock...

Sorry for flaking out on anyone who was waiting for this yesterday. I got caught up with stuff yesterday. I've uploaded a zip folder containing the release build to MediaFire. It is written in C++, so naturally you'll need supporting runtimes, but if you play computer games you likely already have them installed.

Obvious warning: I am not affiliated with Logitech or Pandora and you use this software at your own risk.

That said, it is basically just an extension of the LCD SDK sample application. I am not confident if it will work with the keyboards that don't have monochrome displays because I don't have one of those. If that ends up being the case and you want to help me test some builds while I write code blindly I'd appreciate it.

Requirements:
G13, G15, or G510 keyboard.
Windows 7 32 or 64
Pandora One Desktop Application
Logitech Gaming Software
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package

Download x86:
PandoraLCD Win7 32bit - Updated January 24th
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package x86

Download x64:
PandoraLCD Win7 64bit - Updated January 24th
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package x64

Instructions:
0. Install Pandora One Desktop Application and login. Available for download here: http://www.pandora.com/desktop_app
0.5. Make sure that the icon is visible in the system tray. It should look like this:
XAWur.jpg

1. Download and extract the zip file I posted.
2. Execute PandoraLCD.exe
3. Open the Logitech Gaming Software and click on the shiny black icon at the bottom. It kind of looks like a console.
4. Click the checkbox next to Pandora G510.
5. Now on your keyboard switch between your applets and you should find your new Pandora applet running.

Here is a picture of what you should see in the Gaming software:
5xPdz.png

Note:
The PandoraLCD.exe application has to be running in order for it to display on your LCD. So if you reboot you'll need to open it again. Once I get all the code cleaned up I'll likely release it with an installer that optionally runs it at start up. In the mean time if this application works for you then you can just drop it in your startup folder.

FAQ:
Q. When I try and run the PandoraLCD I get an error stating that I am missing mfc100u.dll. What am I missing?
A. Make sure you've installed the correct Visual C++ redistributable for your operating system. They are listed above in the download section.

Q. It says Pandora is not running but I know it is because I can hear the music. What is wrong?
A. The icon has to be visible in the system tray. Make sure you can see it in the system tray.

Q. I don't pay for Pandora can I still use this application?
A. No, but I updated OpenPandora which will give you basically the same functionality. Get it here

Source Code:
Latest Source Code

If this works for you, please leave a comment. :attn:

If this doesn't work for you, please give me relevant information to resolve the issue.

Last edited:
First, I am using the Logitech G13 but I am going to guess this will run on it fine as I actually have other G510 plugins running fine on it as well.

The problem I am having is that mine is stuck at Pandora not running Starting Pandora...

By the Pandora Desktop Application I am guessing you mean the first part Pandora One application. Does your program check to see if the pandora app was running, check it's location and then mark that location somewhere for future reference to start pandora?

Last edited:
First, I am using the Logitech G13 but I am going to guess this will run on it fine as I actually have other G510 plugins running fine on it as well.

I am glad to hear it works with the G13 and that the specific issue you're experiencing is related to the Pandora detection code.

The problem I am having is that mine is stuck at Pandora not running Starting Pandora...

The application just checks if it can see the icon in the System Tray next to the clock. Since that is how the application gets the song/artist information, so Pandora could actually be running but if the application cannot see it in the system tray then it will erroneously state Pandora is not running. I'll make a note to check for the Pandora process and notify the users that the icon must be displayed. Additionally, some versions of Windows use different handle names for the parts of the system tray. Are you using Windows 7?

By the Pandora Desktop Application I am guessing you mean the first part Pandora One application.

Yes, Pandora One. It is available for download from http://www.pandora.com/desktop_app

Does your program check to see if the pandora app was running, check it's location and then mark that location somewhere for future reference to start pandora?

No, the "Start Pandora" option is a fixed location, which I believe is "C:\Program Files\Pandora\Pandora.exe". I plan to add some actual detection and a manual configuration option.

Check:
Check to see if it is visible in the system tray.

It should look like this
XAWur.jpg

If the problem persists:
If it still says Pandora is not running, let me know what version of Windows you have and I'll correct the issue.

EDIT: Either way, I'd appreciate knowing if you resolved the issue.

Last edited:
Are you using Windows 7?

No, the "Start Pandora" option is a fixed location, which I believe is "C:\Program Files\Pandora\Pandora.exe". I plan to add some actual detection and a manual configuration option.

Windows 7 ultimate. I run x64 so my pandora installs to Program Files (x86). Going to move it over to the 64-bit applications folder and see if that remedies the situation.

And didn't help the situation but now it starts Pandora which is cool. Also I am guessing C++, right?

Last edited:
Windows 7 ultimate. I run x64 so my pandora installs to Program Files (x86). Going to move it over to the 64-bit applications folder and see if that remedies the situation.

And didn't help the situation.

You can start the Pandora application manually. Is it visible in the system tray? I can correct the "Start Pandora" feature.

EDIT: I got a windows 7 64 bit machine and was able to duplicate the problem you're experiencing. I am going to work to resolve the issue.

Last edited:
You can start the Pandora application manually. Is it visible in the system tray? I can correct the "Start Pandora" feature.

EDIT: I got a windows 7 64 bit machine and was able to duplicate the problem you're experiencing. I am going to work to resolve the issue.

Cool, looking forward to the release.:attn:

I owned a G15 for a few years. Then, when I get something else, the best app comes out. Of course!

Good job on this, by the way.

You are a gentleman and a scholar good sir and have become my favorite person of the day, maybe week.

It's working perfectly for my G13, just figured I'd let you know in case you wanted to add it to your instructions.

Last edited:
I got my keyboard today and this is the first thing that I searched for, so thank you! However, when I try and run the PandoraLCD I get an error stating that I am missing mfc100u.dll. This is on the x64 download. I downloaded both Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and SP1. What am I missing?

Thank you

I got my keyboard today and this is the first thing that I searched for, so thank you! However, when I try and run the PandoraLCD I get an error stating that I am missing mfc100u.dll. This is on the x64 download. I downloaded both Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and SP1. What am I missing?

Thank you

Give this build a go. This is X64 with mfc100u.dll included.

Last edited:
Back