• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech G510 Pandora?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've been having issues with OpenPandora.

I run the exe after extracting the zip file, and I get a Pandora icon in the system tray, but nothing else happens. Then when I move my mouse to the icon, it disappears.

What version of Internet Explorer are you running?

Last edited:
I get stuck at "Pandora not running" on my G510LCD. I Downloaded the "Paid" Pandora app. Followed the instructions to the T... I have Win7 64 and downloaded the appropriate link and no joy. Plz help

Do you find that you have this problem when the Pandora Desktop Application is running and visible in your system tray?

Last edited:
Do you find that you have this problem when the Pandora Desktop Application is running and visible in your system tray?

Yes. The Pandora App is running and playing music. I have the Pandora {P} in the bottom left of my system tray. I've tried to close it and re-open...nothing changes. I have cycled through the LED screen to see if anything changes, nothing. I've tried a couple of system restarts as well.

Please confirm the linked downloads I should have.
I have a Win7 64 operating system.
Thanks for helping me out.

:fight:

Yes. The Pandora App is running and playing music. I have the Pandora {P} in the bottom left of my system tray. I've tried to close it and re-open...nothing changes. I have cycled through the LED screen to see if anything changes, nothing. I've tried a couple of system restarts as well. :

The problem you're experiencing can be caused by running the 32bit version of PandoraLCD on a 64bit system. You can confirm this in the task manager under the processes tab as 32bit processes will have *32 after the file name.

Here is the x64 version

Last edited:
Joe your amazing! OpenPandora works perfectly. Saved me the hassle of having to alt+tab out of SWTOR to pause music for a cool cut scene. Also gonna tell my guild about Knotor.com!

This seems pretty cool. I have been fighting a long battle with pandora and their annoyingly bad desktop app. I have an autohotkey file set up to control the desktop app but it's not very reliable and lately I've really been wanting some way to change the station without interfacing with the app, as well as seeing the volume to an absolute value. (I want to be able to press a specific button on my TV media center computer and have pandora start playing a certain station at a certain volume)

By the looks of it, the original app in this thread seems seems to have the functionality kind of implemented (if I understand correctly it interfaces with the try icon for like/dislike) so I was wondering if I could expand on that functionality somehow.

So anyway.. is the source available for the original app in this thread that interfaces with the pandora desktop app rather than the website like openpandora?

I actually have a G15 at home but I've been planning to replace it with a mechanical keyboard and don't have one at work either so I actually just want to see how you're sending/receiving the data from the pandora one app, not too interested in the LCD stuff.

Would be very much appreciated. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to figure it out, I do c++ programming for a living but never really touched win32 stuff too much. If there's a tutorial/example out there on how to interface with other applications, that'd work too :)

The problem you're experiencing can be caused by running the 32bit version of PandoraLCD on a 64bit system. You can confirm this in the task manager under the processes tab as 32bit processes will have *32 after the file name.

Here is the x64 version
He mentioned that he had downloaded the correct version so I assume he's using 64bit. I'm also running 64bit windows with the 64bit version of PandoraLCD and getting the same behavior, any ideas?

He mentioned that he had downloaded the correct version so I assume he's using 64bit. I'm also running 64bit windows with the 64bit version of PandoraLCD and getting the same behavior, any ideas?

Is your Pandora icon the last icon (or only icon) in your system tray?

Possible workaround:
In the Notification Area Icons menu enable another icon then disable the Pandora icon. Now re-enable the Pandora icon to bump it to the top of the list.

Please let me know if this fixes the issue. I am going to fix this bug, but I want to make sure this fix addresses the issue you're experiencing.

Is your Pandora icon the last icon (or only icon) in your system tray?

Possible workaround:
In the Notification Area Icons menu enable another icon then disable the Pandora icon. Now re-enable the Pandora icon to bump it to the top of the list.

Please let me know if this fixes the issue. I am going to fix this bug, but I want to make sure this fix addresses the issue you're experiencing.

Worked perfectly, thanks. Awesome little utility.

First off, let me say you are awesome for writing these 2 apps like this, and it's super appreciated. I've got the app working that uses the Pandora Desktop App, but I've been having issues with OpenPandora.

To be specific, I can't get the program to open at all. I run the exe after extracting the zip file, and I get a Pandora icon in the system tray, but nothing else happens. Then when I move my mouse to the icon, it disappears. I'm running W7 Pro 64 bit if that is any help. Not sure if I am just overlooking something simple, or what is going on, but any help would be appreciated!

i have the same issues... i used openpandora for a LONG time before they switched over to html 5 and killed the original app.

Now with the updated one it just opens then crashes... windows fully up to date... i do not have a g15 so im just interested in the actually openpadora app with its hotkeys.

i have the same issues... i used openpandora for a LONG time before they switched over to html 5 and killed the original app.

Now with the updated one it just opens then crashes... windows fully up to date... i do not have a g15 so im just interested in the actually openpadora app with its hotkeys.

What version of windows are you running? and what version of internet explorer?

What version of windows are you running? and what version of internet explorer?

win 7 64 bit, fully updated so w/ IE 9 (tho i dont use that as the default browser)

does the flash player for IE need to be installed? i though pandora moved to html5 exclusively.

Joe thanks for updating OpenPandora! I wrote my own pandora desktop app in C#, but this one has more features and I would prefer to use yours.

It would be great if you updated it with the following:

-Ability to resize window
-Remember window position and size

Also, here is a more web 2.0 icon I made for my program if you want to incorporate it:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11280528/pandora_icon.ico

Thanks and great work!
-brian

Awesome!

I created an account on here JUST to say thanks! I couldnt find a program to do change Pandora songs while I am playin games. Again, thanks JoeJ1985, you are the man!

I mostly use my G15 for AIDA64 to monitor temps, this is a pic on how I have it set up with my old i7 930 set up
IMG_1034.jpg

Exact same reason I came here, I tried everything, and thanks to joej1985
Here is a beta for X64 users.
I can now switch songs while playing my video game, thanks so much for getting Pandora to work with my g15

I created an account on here JUST to say thanks! I couldnt find a program to do change Pandora songs while I am playin games. Again, thanks JoeJ1985, you are the man!

Back