• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech G510 Pandora?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I subscribed as well thanks to this. Pandora one is definitely worth it. I have a g19 and when I try to run this app the screen goes black. I have win7 64 but I installed pandora desktop to the regular program files folder and I pinned the tray icon next to the clock. Any suggestions?

The code doesn't use the color LCD so that is probably why. I can certainly add the code to do that, but I'll be shooting in the dark since I cannot test it. The other thing I was thinking that might be cool for the color LCDs is to display some artwork. Although I am not sure how much space is available for images.

Waiting on this OSource version or will plunk down the money so this works... :)

The OpenPandora browser version might work better, but PandoraOne subscribers would be able to use either version. I say the OpenPandora method might work better because i can get access to a lot more information from inside the browser, such as stations, likes/dislikes, if the song is playing or not.

OpenPandora Lives!

Update!
I got the controls working inside of the application and this solution is a little bit better IMHO. The dev who wrote OpenPandora was using User32.dll to simulate mouse clicks to the browser control by figuring out the point then adding pixels to the element's position ect ect, but pandora has jquery on their page which makes it is trivial to click elements so I switched those User32 clicks for javascript calls.

Here is a beta for X64 users.

Whats new in latest download

Changed the way song information is retrieved.
Added elapsed time/ time remaining
Fixed the like/dislike buttons not working on keyboard.
Added some primitive dynamic font sizing and line positioning
Removed Pandora logo from LCD

Latest Download

x64 OpenPandora - v004 ** Updated 12/31/2011

Source

OpenPandora Overclockers Edition v003 - Source

What works:

Media keys
LCD Display
Like/Dislike using the LCD buttons.
The basic user interface (login, stations, ect)

What is broken right now:
Changing stations with the keyboard (but this time it is a possible feature)

**Important Notes:
You need to enable G15 and media keys support in the setttings by right clicking on OpenPandora. Provided I remeber I'll set it to default setting next time I upload a build.

Let me know what problems you guys find.

ZrWV9.png

D9r3A.jpg

0YLCU.jpg

Last edited:
awesome man, thanks a lot.

edit:
how do i change stations? i log into pandora using ie, then run open pandora and once music starts playing, the open pandora browser turns into a horizontal line.

Last edited:
awesome man, thanks a lot.

edit:
how do i change stations? i log into pandora using ie, then run open pandora and once music starts playing, the open pandora browser turns into a horizontal line.

Yeah, the way it was written this application tried to control the entire user interface of Pandora (and all the elements are different, hence the bar). I changed it now so you can see the entire web interface. You can now log in and use the interface like normal. However, I still haven't added the ability to change stations using the keyboard. I updated the zip file referenced in the post above this, #44.

Last edited:
I fixed the like/dislike and changed how somethings are displayed on the LCD.

If you're using the original version that I made, you may want to try out this latest OpenPandora version and see which you prefer. Since this utilizes the media keys you don't need to have the LCD applet up in order to switch songs.

More updates:
* Changed the way song information is acquired. Previously it was scraping document completed events. Now it just checks the HTML directly, which greatly speeds up song
information on transitioning, and allowed for getting some other info like the time.

* Added elapsed song time, and time remaining to display.

I think this Pandora button layout is probably ideal. I will probably will add a button to the far right which will allow users to see a list of their stations and switch between them. If anyone has a G19, please check this out and let me know how it works.

It just sits at the loading screen when opening open pandora...?

Please wait, pandora is loading

Using openpandora 7.0.6. It seems like its working.. as I occasionally hear music, and then it drops, but the appearence of the application in windows doesnt change (loading), nor does the lcd... just says song is loading...

Last edited:
It just sits at the loading screen when opening open pandora...?

Please wait, pandora is loading

Using openpandora 7.0.6. It seems like its working.. as I occasionally hear music, and then it drops, but the appearence of the application in windows doesnt change (loading), nor does the lcd... just says song is loading...

I saw that a few times today, it seems like it might be a network issue with Pandora. Try closing and re-opening the application. I'll see what else I can come up with.

Ive done that a few times. I will check again later/tomorrow and see if it has improved (network).

works great!!:clap: like/hate, show media key do there job. only thing i see different from your pictures is I dont have music count down, doesnt show OCF during load and there is a small pandora logo in corner of LCD. but this version works better than the original:thup::attn::thup::attn: thanks for handling the media key issue so much better:clap:
great another reason now to never leave my computer.

one question is there a way to get program to stop loading on start up can't seem to find it( I'M idiot) would prefer to launch it by choice

Last edited:
Excellent job on this! Works just as expected! :attn::clap::attn:

I have a few suggestions/observations:

- At one time, I paused my Pandora long enough that when I restarted it, it gave me an error saying that it needed to refresh. That was all fine and good, however, when the player restarted, the LCD display stayed stuck on the last song that was played before the refresh. Sure, closing and restarting OpenPandora would fix this issue, but I found an option in the system tray menu, under Tools called "Focus on Pandora Radio" which corrected the problem. Might also help some of those people who get stuck on the Pandora Loading screen, but not sure.

- Possible bug: I have the song notification active as well (window popup in the lower right corner of the screen for those that don't know). It works well, however, the album art that shows on the popup is from the previous song, though the other song information is correct. Also it would be nice to be able to control the time delay for the popup, as it is currently very quick on my system.

- Suggestion/Feature upgrade: Love having the Like/Hate buttons available on the LCD display. Is there a way to have it identify the songs that have already been liked and indicate this on the display?

- Possible bug: I have the song notification active as well (window popup in the lower right corner of the screen for those that don't know). It works well, however, the album art that shows on the popup is from the previous song, though the other song information is correct. Also it would be nice to be able to control the time delay for the popup, as it is currently very quick on my system.

I can fix that. I will probably have sometime to work on this stuff later this week. The only way I really remember to make code changes is that I get emails from this thread when new posts are added. For some reason I haven't got one recently or maybe I accidentally deleted it.

- Suggestion/Feature upgrade: Love having the Like/Hate buttons available on the LCD display. Is there a way to have it identify the songs that have already been liked and indicate this on the display?

Yeah, that is totally possible. I am thinking I should change LIKE/HATE to icons like on the other version. Then if you've liked it in the past it can display a different icon.

Any suggestions on the Open Pandora and the network? To this day, I still am not able to connect consistently and have this app work on my G510. It just says loading on the LCD.

Any suggestions on the Open Pandora and the network? To this day, I still am not able to connect consistently and have this app work on my G510. It just says loading on the LCD.

I have some ideas. I changed how song information handling is done in the latest version. One possibility is that perhaps the page is loading slowly due to network congestion and I am injecting my code too soon causing the javascript to break.

1. Have you been able to get any of the OpenPandora versions that I posted to work?

2. And you say you're not able to consistently connect, so does it work sometimes?

It will always a 'blip' music, but then thats it. Its like it gets it for a second then stops... no music. The app just sits at the loading screen.

Let me try the version(s) in post #44 and report back. I think that is where I got everything from, but not 100% certain (at the office atm).

First off, let me say you are awesome for writing these 2 apps like this, and it's super appreciated. I've got the app working that uses the Pandora Desktop App, but I've been having issues with OpenPandora.

To be specific, I can't get the program to open at all. I run the exe after extracting the zip file, and I get a Pandora icon in the system tray, but nothing else happens. Then when I move my mouse to the icon, it disappears. I'm running W7 Pro 64 bit if that is any help. Not sure if I am just overlooking something simple, or what is going on, but any help would be appreciated!

G510 Pandora

It sounds like most are getting this app to work but I get stuck at "Pandora not running" on my G510LCD. I Downloaded the "Paid" Pandora app. Followed the instructions to the T... I have Win7 64 and downloaded the appropriate link and no joy. Plz help

Back