• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for NEW AMD Bulid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok Hi My Name is Drew/Foopsz From USA I play Alot of games BF3 Black ops MW3 Diablo 3
Steam:skeetown Battlelog:Foopsz If you wanna Play...Ok i am looking for a amd build but recently got a buyer to buy my ps3 for 200 so i will sale my ps3 in order to upgrade my pc for better Performance in BF3 Black Ops First off My Budget is 400 Now since i sold my ps3 but i also wanna get a New case i still have my stock case. I dont plan on overclocking yet maybe a year down the road and i dont wanna blow all the money i was looking to get a HAF 912 and some fans with the rest of the money.

-Thanks theres some info below

Some Spec's
Manufacturer: Gateway

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz (2CPUs), ~2.9GHz OS Says its a Quad Core ha

Memory: 6144MB RAM

Hard Drive: 1TB HDD

Video Card: EVGA Gefore GTX 550 Ti

Monitor: AOC e2243Fwk

Sound Card: Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Speakers Headphones: Logitech G35

Keyboard: CyberSnipa Warboard

Mouse: Razer Deathadder 3500DPI

Mouse Surface: SteeleSeries Qck

Power Supply:TR2 430W

Operation System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Motherboard: Intel

Computer Case: Gateway

And your question for us is . . . ?

Same Question as Before anything i could get better for a little more money or a Intel Build guess i will have to go to Intel CPU for Answer to that question on Intel but i still wanna go with AMD So i could get a case and some fans also

Now that you have begun to actually describe 'where' you are in the scope of things here is a suggestion that can put you in the gaming deal without getting you over your $400.00 and get a case as well. User your current video card. May have enough money left if the ram will fit...see below, that you could upgrade the video card. Not sure yet since we are not sure about the ram.

i3 530 fits H/P55 chipset type 1156 pin socket. You just google i3 530 overclock and see just how well that cpu can generally be made to run. 3.6 to 4.0Ghz fairly easy with good ram. Many are running the i3 530 close to 4.4Ghz but that would not be a 'surety' as I see it but certainly fun to try. And all the horsepower you should need. Without breaking the dang bank into tiny pieces.

For $85.00

BIOSTAR TP55 LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard
Supports i3 530 cpu.

For $30.00

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler
CPU Socket:
Intel Socket LGA 2011 / 1366 / 1156 / 1155 / 775
AMD Socket FM1 / AM3+ / AM3 / AM2+ / AM2

Now that 6 gigs of ram is bound to have a part number and we need it. Find out if it will go right in that Biostar mobo and work or not.

Things you will need in order of importance to improve your game play.

1, Better GPU

2, Better CPU (for BF3 a 4 core is advisable)

If you want to change to AMD you will need a new Motherboard, Now as you already have a Motherboard it might be a better idea just to get a better Intel CPU (if your current Motherboard is up to it)

Thats where i would have to step out of this one as i know little about Intel Motherboards, But i'm sure an Intel guy can step in here.

Also don't forget that you can sell your i3 and your GTX 550ti to help toward the costs of improvements :)

Edit RGone has it ^^ thanks.

Same Question as Before anything i could get better for a little more money or a Intel Build guess i will have to go to Intel CPU for Answer to that question on Intel but i still wanna go with AMD So i could get a case and some fans also

Oh, okay. In post #61 you sounded like you were starting a new thread from scratch. I should have looked at it more closely and what preceded it immediately to get the context of why you were introducing yourself like that.

Now that you have begun to actually describe 'where' you are in the scope of things here is a suggestion that can put you in the gaming deal without getting you over your $400.00 and get a case as well. User your current video card. May have enough money left if the ram will fit...see below, that you could upgrade the video card. Not sure yet since we are not sure about the ram.

i3 530 fits H/P55 chipset type 1156 pin socket. You just google i3 530 overclock and see just how well that cpu can generally be made to run. 3.6 to 4.0Ghz fairly easy with good ram. Many are running the i3 530 close to 4.4Ghz but that would not be a 'surety' as I see it but certainly fun to try. And all the horsepower you should need. Without breaking the dang bank into tiny pieces.

For $85.00

BIOSTAR TP55 LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard
Supports i3 530 cpu.

For $30.00

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler
CPU Socket:
Intel Socket LGA 2011 / 1366 / 1156 / 1155 / 775
AMD Socket FM1 / AM3+ / AM3 / AM2+ / AM2

Now that 6 gigs of ram is bound to have a part number and we need it. Find out if it will go right in that Biostar mobo and work or not.

Sounds Pretty Good so if i overclock it will it be as good as a Quad core AMD or worst because i wanna spend the money but dont want to have to spend over 400 dollars thats all i have. i wont be buying this untill july 15 or so so i have time to decide i just wanna make the Right Decision i was thinking about getting the stuff RGONE posted 2 or 3 Pages Back the FX-4170 and a Motherboard then try to buy GTX 550 Ti Superclocked Editon again. so on battlefield i would be getting around 120 maybe more downclocked i get around 50 80 FPS on Low right now. or try to find the Motherboard on Ebay Now Used cheaper also the 8120 if i could. if i cant ill go with the 4170

Can't argue against that. The Phenom II's were care per core faster than Bulldozer at the same clocks. That won't change until Piledriver.

Last edited:
Ok i need a motherboard that is SLI Ready Asus M5A97 i googled it and it didnt say it was SLI Enabled

Also i wanna SLI my GTX 550 Ti Looks like i might need a new POWER SUPPLY. One after another easy to find a power supply though

Last edited:
"Multi-GPU Support Supports AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX™ Technology"

Taken from the site. I would say no.

SLI'ing low end cards.. Wasteful >.>

The ASUS M5A97 Motherboard with AMD 970/SB950 chipsets is not even considered fully Crossfire capable since it does not have as many lanes as the 990FX/SB950 chipset so it surely is not do SLI.

I Found a Fairly used Motheboard on Craiglist FX-4100 for 70 Dollars Think thats a Steal?

What is the board? How can we answer that question until we know the make and model of the board. Or are you asking about the value of the FX-4100? It's not clear to me whether the $70 is referring to the motherboard, the CPU or the combo. Please reread you sentence. It's a "run-on" sentence. A little more attention to punctuation and syntax would have been helpful.

What is the board? How can we answer that question until we know the make and model of the board. Or are you asking about the value of the FX-4100? It's not clear to me whether the $70 is referring to the motherboard, the CPU or the combo. Please reread you sentence. It's a "run-on" sentence. A little more attention to punctuation and syntax would have been helpful.

haha sorry just the CPU FX-4100 after reading all that motherboard stuff i think i just replaced CPU for Motherboard

Back