• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Losing Display with PC still running

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hadog32

Registered
Lately my PC locks up my monitors with no display while playing DIABLO 3, but the PC and all its fans is still running. Only issue is a set of my fans are screaming at max speeds and I cant determine if its the GPU or CPU fans that are running high. Any advise on what could be causing this

Specs:
CASE - Antec Landboy Blue
MOBO - Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5
CPU - AMD 8120 w/Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OC'd @ 4.2
GPU - Dual ATI Radeon 6850's running on X-Fire
MEM - 16g - G-Skill
SSD - OCZ Vertex

Sounds like heat issue. Have you tried just starting the game and right b4 you think that its going to do it again, min the game screen down and look at your speeds,
Everrest, AID64, Coretemp.. You know,, That way you can find out what is running so high

Fire up HWMonitor while you've got Diablo 3 rocking, take a screen shot of all the settings, post it here.

I'll post my numbers when i get home tonight. so you thing its the CPU thats heating up? I've posted my OC'd numbers a month ago in these forums and they all looked good. As soon as I get Diablo 3 this bs starts. Its funny cause when i shut the PC down for about 30 minutes and reboot its all okay.

Here are my numbers with the game currently running.

Attachments

• CPUID_Core_Temp.jpg
    CPUID_Core_Temp.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 33
Neither the GPU or CPU/core temps are high. Doesn't look like a heat issue to me.

Could it be a video driver issue?

So you think its a driver issue. I know I've been having issues updating my video cards to the lates AMD catalyst 12.4. Each time i update it the system still shows 12.3 as the latest driver.

Well, you might already have the latest driver installed. What is the latest driver version # on AMD's website?

Also realize that the "latest" driver may have bugs and it would be smart to revert to an earlier version or maybe even the latest Microsoft approved driver.

If I were you I'd do a complete clean and sweep of the current driver and try a different one. To completely remove a driver can be a little challenging as any driver files in use will not be removed if you do a simple uninstall in Control Panel. You can get driver cleaners on the net and AMD may even offer a free one on their web site.

Back