• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ma790gp-ud4h 960t over clocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
QWIKSTRIKE, it's time you put your system info in your "Sig". Go to the top of the page and click on "quick links" and then "Edit Signature". You have enough posts now to have access to that feature. You can use my Sig or someone else's for a pattern if you wish to know what kind of things to include.

QWIKSTRIKE, it's time you put your system info in your "Sig". Go to the top of the page and click on "quick links" and then "Edit Signature". You have enough posts now to have access to that feature. You can use my Sig or someone else's for a pattern if you wish to know what kind of things to include.

Thanks for your assistance Trent, how's this!:thup:

Good but you didn't tell us how much ram you are running in the Sig.

Ooo! Running two Saphire 4850s has got to be pushing that 500W PSU to the limit.

Ooo! Running two Saphire 4850s has got to be pushing that 500W PSU to the limit.

Yes I think that could be a problem, but I never ever have issues with Antec PSU's lol. I imagine it is now time to move up to a 650/750 Antec PSU considering that I am over clocking the CPU. But then again it's time to get a newer video card for direct x 11 also. O.K ram is now listed.....thanks Trent.

Last edited:
installed 8 more gigs of 1866 3.9ghz O.C.

I installed 8 more gigs of G Skill 1866 from Newegg and with a $10.00 gift card That I was awarded for a botched order, and a $15.00 promo I paid $35.00 for 8 Gigs of G Skill memory.

I installed the memory with out a hiccup and set memory timing to 1866 and left the HTT at 2330. This ran flawlessly for hours, until I uninstalled a virus program.
After I removed the program the BSOD happened.

I could now no longer get the machine to boot up in the 1866 memory configuration with the 16gigs of 1866 memory. Well I found that I could no longer Over clock at this speed over 3.0 gigs at all.

After playing around unsuccessfully for a few hours I decided to set timing at 1600mhz and over clock to 3.9ghz and set HTT to 2200 with Vcore at 1.35, and I booted up flawlessly.

I did a CineBench of 6.87, and GL Bench at 62.10. My CineBench increased since the O.C. to 3.9. I played SCII for a few hours as an only stress test and no issues have arised.

Anyone care to give me insight why I now get BSOD when O.C. at 3.8ghz with 2330 HTT after installing the extra 8gig modules, even though the 1st few hours they had been successfully running flawlessly.

Last edited:
Back