• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modding Xaser III

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
DOHCrazy said:

Yup...

Try turning the two back fans into intake and see what your temps are.

Also, see what your temps are with the side 2 fans off. And with the side two fans off with the back 2 fans as intake.

Try to find your best setup, turing fans around isnt hard at all!

Also, have you cut any grills like in the begginning of the thread?
You could also take out the 1 or maybe 2 HDD cages you arent using, but its all up to you.

Well looking at all the nice neat cases I redid mine.
Buy cleaning it up, and opening that path that was discussed here, my temps have dropped.
Thank you all for your help.
:attn:

clocker2 said:
Yeah, ZGOZZ your temps look really good. What fan config did you settle on?
Before it was all stock.

This is what I did clean the wires up in the case again.
Before it was a big rats nest.
Kind of still looks that way but there is a mager opening now from the bottom to the top. Which I did not have before, because all the wires blocking the airflow. I have some pics

Attachments

• card11.22.03 003.jpg
    card11.22.03 003.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 760
These are the temperatures, with all fans in and I added an adjustable 2800 to 4800 80mm TT fan at the top.

Attachments

• fans-all-in-test.jpg
    fans-all-in-test.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 756
Boy Z, you weren't kidding.
That's one powerful lot of wiring you got in that baby.
But you can't argue with those temps.

Please tell me that your machine was idling during those readouts...

Happy Holidays all!

Mind you, that is with me doing little at the time, when I took the snapshot of the temperature.

As you can see, I took a fan and I have it on the bottom of the case pointed up. Thanks to clocker2. As you can see the bundle of wires are at the front of the case towards the window.
If the is an inch wide of wires there it is a lot. Therefore, as you can see there is a strait shot from the bottom of the cast to the top.

Attachments

• guts-clean.jpg
    guts-clean.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 773
clocker2 said:
Boy Z, you weren't kidding.
That's one powerful lot of wiring you got in that baby.
But you can't argue with those temps.

Please tell me that your machine was idling during those readouts...

Happy Holidays all!
Ready for this now I am running Itunes and editing pic's on Adobe photoshop.

Attachments

• temps-on.jpg
    temps-on.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 741
Here are some more shots
Thanks clocker2 for all the good ideas.

Attachments

• good-air-flow.jpg
    good-air-flow.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 760
My old geezer eyes can barely make out your temp readings...still in the low 30's it appears?
I see that you haven't even removed the restrictive stock grillwork from the roofvent fan, so I'm assuming you haven't for the others either.
Hard to argue with success.
Congratulations.

clocker2 said:
My old geezer eyes can barely make out your temp readings...still in the low 30's it appears?
I see that you haven't even removed the restrictive stock grillwork from the roofvent fan, so I'm assuming you haven't for the others either.
Hard to argue with success.
Congratulations.
Still not done , one of the pics ,the one of the front of your case. I have my buddy cutting out a grill to put were the black is.

Really?
I'm redoing my casefront deco also.
I am finding that we have two awkward design elements to deal with.
First is that wide opening in the top of the door which accomodates the fan control unit ( which I have removed).
Second is the fact the two front case fans aren't centered in the opening that you get when you remove the TT backlit logo.
Makes things a trifle difficult....

clocker2 said:
Really?
I'm redoing my casefront deco also.
I am finding that we have two awkward design elements to deal with.
First is that wide opening in the top of the door which accomodates the fan control unit ( which I have removed).
Second is the fact the two front case fans aren't centered in the opening that you get when you remove the TT backlit logo.
Makes things a trifle difficult....
Isn't that the truth LOL:eek:

So far I have made two panels out of black Sintra and completely overlaid the recessed center section of the front bezel.
Although this blocks my previously wide open front fan access I haven't seen any adverse effects to my HDD temps, so that is good.
Now I am modifying the aluminum bezel from the Hardcano unit to trim out the upper opening.
I'll post some pics when I finish.

Last edited:
clocker2 said:
So far I have made two panels out of black Sintra and completely overlaid the recessed center section of the front bezel.
Although this blocks my previously wide open front fan access I haven't seen any adverse effects to my HDD temps, so that is good.
Now I am modifying the aluminum bezel from the Hardcano unit to trim out the upper opening.
I post some pics when I finish.
\

Please do.

looks good everyone...and a happy xmas to everyone here.

i just finshed openin my presents and i for a digtal cramara .

and i got a new ocp mouse...and its blue.

still no money or computer stuff (besides mouse) ..o well ..my b-days only in a week .

hey guys, merry christmas.

ZGOZZ, nice pics, but you have to do somethin about those wires haha.

I got a 19" NEC multisync, boy am i happy!!!

BTW: Newegg sent my mobo off today! This christmas day is getting even better! Im so Freakin happy right now!!!

Last edited:
Back