• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modding Xaser III

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not very loud at all, surprisingly.
She has morphed extensively since those pics were posted...The HDD has moved, roof vents were opened up to 120mm each, a 120mm fan has been added on the case floor and all the fans have been replaced with Zalman low-profile, 9-bladed units. With the fans running on 5v the loudest sound is the woosh of air through the roof vents and the speed variation of the HS fan.

clocker2 said:
Not very loud at all, surprisingly.
She has morphed extensively since those pics were posted...The HDD has moved, roof vents were opened up to 120mm each, a 120mm fan has been added on the case floor and all the fans have been replaced with Zalman low-profile, 9-bladed units. With the fans running on 5v the loudest sound is the woosh of air through the roof vents and the speed variation of the HS fan.

Need some pic's:eek:

I was asking about fan contolers for this case .
nxp201_image01.jpg

Do you think this will work with our case with the door closed?

I have one of those units.
It will only fit in the top bay opening where the TT temp display/fan control unit is.
The LED displays in those things makes a rather unpleasant hum/staticy-type noise also.

OK,Guys I'm back from my trip.I managed to get a couple of pics to show the mid-case fan partition mod. THE FANMAN:cool:

Mid_case-fan-panel-mod-002M.gif

Mid_case-fan-panel-mod-007Q.gif

Last edited:
Well,I'll put it like this.Right now.Ambient 23° C.The CPU temp, FOLDING. 36° C...So far in my testing,MOBBY running 100% CPU
usage,temp is 38.9° C. Same ambient temp.In the morning with the monitor off,and the heater DOWN.(less heat).Folding its 32° C...I'll be putting my eyeball on the front door,to figure front grill design next.Of couse,it never ends! next phase will be to replace the stock TT,s, with PANAFLO U1A's..Except for the top blow hole.
For now the PSU inline fan design is keeping any heat from building up in the top of the case.ARH, maties keep your flow up & temps down,THE FANMAN:cool:

Last edited:
Thanks, DOH ..Where in the heck are those pics? :D I know you asked me a while back about the wiring going behind the mobo..Well now it's done. THE FANMAN:cool:

Last edited:
I jsut got rid of the side fan mount fixture - lowered my CPU temps by 2-4 degrees. I am totally focussing on maximizing front to back airflow through the case now.

Yeah, I don't think that many of us are still running the "blue abomination" anymore.

Front to back may help, personally I'm sold on bottom to top airflow.
Thermodynamics is your friend....

Re: Pics finnaly!!!

Thats right, Thats CLEAR ducttape.
Obviously a man of refined taste.
Nice cutting job on the blowhole, how did you do it?
Where is all the H2O gear?
Why are you holding out on us?

Had to RMA my mobo clocker, but the H20 stuff is running right behind me.

I cut the blowhole with a jigsaw and a 24 tooth blade. I made relief cuts about every inch and then cut around the edges!

Back