• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC artifcating?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JKessell

What's up gentlemen!

(Pictured), I've been getting artifacting/driver crashes maybe ~1-2 times a month.

However, generally, the immediate problem is solved by re-seating the card.

What do you guys think the issue is?

Is it even worth RMA'ing? I find it hard to believe they would RMA my card if they can't reproduce the issue when it arrives on their desk.

The product in question is MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC. The card has never been overclocked and the temperatures are just fine (22 idle and 50 load). :cry:

Attachments

• dddd.png
    dddd.png
    441.8 KB · Views: 557
I'm surprised by the infrequency of it ... 1-2 times a month?

Only time I've ever seen that is with my 8800GTX right when it was about to die. Last time I dealt with MSI RMA was back in '06 but they were okay.

I'd suggest an eVGA card in any case, I've been happy with them thus far.

Yeah I don't get it either. About once a month it'll start doing that and the remedy is to just re-seat it and it's fixed for another month.

I'm just afraid that if I sent it in for RMA and they can't reproduce the problem, (since it only happens ~1-2 times a month), they'll not RMA it, and it will be a total waste of my time and money.

Since the problem gets resolved when you reseat it, check and see if your GPU is flexing or sagging down.

skip to 5:50
you might need to install a brace like that

Since the problem gets resolved when you reseat it, check and see if your GPU is flexing or sagging down.

skip to 5:50
you might need to install a brace like that

Yeah I figured that might have been the problem, as I've seen flexing issues from other people with my card, but I don't know if I'm brave enough to try and making something like that on my own. :shock:

I'm having the same problem with the same card, just opened a service ticket with MSI.

Just like your card, JKessle, if I reseat the problem goes away for a week or two.

I don't like having to unplug/plug everything, opening the case and dinking around for a problem that shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah I figured that might have been the problem, as I've seen flexing issues from other people with my card, but I don't know if I'm brave enough to try and making something like that on my own. :shock:

just use a bungee cord :)
i have been suspeding overweighted heat syncs in my case , since i put a Condor on my card http://www.silentpcreview.com/article650-page1.html now obsolete because it cant keep up with the new stuff.

I just use a piece of smaller nylon flexable cord to some high point in the case. just cinch it up enough to pull half the weight off.
i even add in some minor anti gravity belt :) to the cpu cooler too, to keep it from warping the motherboard.

if you cant find the right cord, just try this search :) http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=1234359011 (elastic does not last time)

Someday i am going to get smart, and just turn the case sideways and be done with it.

Last edited:
I'm absolutely frustrated with this video card. Shame on me for getting a new product when it first comes out, there's always a damn issue...

I really want to RMA it for a new card, but I regularly do work on this computer.

Magic, could you let me know what MSI tells you and how long the RMA process will be? I'd really really really appreciate it.

Thanks bro.

Back