• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first FX build.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If I could only get one of them good MB's for this CPU. I would LOVE that. It has reached it's limit, Can't get any more Vcore if I got past 1.4 it goes into shock and won't boot. LOL. It's a crap MB that was actually free by all means. So really the CPU and RAM are all that cost me real money.

@ UltraTaco Why do you have to sound so negative? I mean if you don't think it worth talking or posting about then please don't The Stament "Well, since we'er in the :facepalm: of the thread" sounds very negative and a micro aggression.

LOL. JK.

Last edited:
I was being friendly :) and a little sarcastic, while also being friendly. Anyways, the game of versus. The > PinkVS<

To get the same multithread score as tricksons AMD in cpu-z bench, I have to clock at 3.78ghz
View attachment 196907

And to match his single thread, I need to be at 3.4ghz

View attachment 196908

That's a nice CPU and if I am not wrong the one the FX8300 was to compete with. I thought it was one of them any way. I really want one of them good MB you guys told me about! I just do not know where to get it cheep.

China makes everything. The only thing they don't make is my dinner , some times they do but not all the time. LOL.

Chinese buffet? Oh man I love their spaghetti and bunch of other stuff!! Bathrooms and booths could use some TLC though

..and a bunch of other things I probably haven't and shouldn't see.

I don't know most of their names, but I probably like that too:rofl: I've been to Olive garden recently and wasn't impressed. My mind was in Chinese buffet as I ate their ultra new recipe. [gasp] Food-oltary? Chinese buffet makes a really good menu!

I need to disable my sig while posting. Thread starts to look fruity

That's a nice CPU and if I am not wrong the one the FX8300 was to compete with.
That CPU was out years before the FX, almost 3 in fact. The H2H competitor would be the Intel Sandybridge or Ivybridge... both about 20%+ faster than his Nehalem and about 40%+ faster than the Bulldozer CPU.

I need to disable my sig while posting. Thread starts to look fruity
Maybe its just the sig itself.. I mean you are going to change it and your avatar again soon I'm certain. :rofl:

Last edited:
That's a nice CPU and if I am not wrong the one the FX8300 was to compete with. I thought it was one of them any way. I really want one of them good MB you guys told me about! I just do not know where to get it cheep.

PM me, I might be able to help with that depending on where you live and what you're willing to spend. I have a small collection of good AM3+ boards.
BTW that wasn't EPEEN that's just my HTPC, not even close to the biggest hammer in the toolbox. Like E_D said just putting perspective on things.

Hi.
My ex am3+ MB MSI 970 gaming dead after six months.
Simply VRMs blow up.
I remember that to put a 8320E @4.2 ghz it needed 1.42v vcore.
So I get a Asus 970 pro gaming aura and now 4.5 [email protected].
MSI MB wasn't good for fx chips.

53minin.jpg

The FX 8300 is now running at 4.4GHz!

It only take about 44 seconds to fully boot up to!

can't wait to crossfire this system! I still think it is a keeper for a few more years.

I only have one very old HD5870 card.
It is my goal to crossfire this system.
This CPU is a monster and I believe it has more miles to give just need to find 2 cards at a reasonable price my GOD!

PM me, I might be able to help with that depending on where you live and what you're willing to spend. I have a small collection of good AM3+ boards.
BTW that wasn't EPEEN that's just my HTPC, not even close to the biggest hammer in the toolbox. Like E_D said just putting perspective on things.

Lord, this goes back a ways, but I can vouch for Johan's boards-I have several. :D I got some very fairly priced and very good AM3+ Asus boards from him. All of which are in functional and working rigs, except the 'Kitteh which needs cooling to be back up.

Back