• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I set to the lowest 400 Is it possible higher it ?
what effect it'll get for 667 ?

No, 667 is the DDR2 speed. 333 is the speed expressed in DDR terms. They are the same but just expressed differently in bios. In DDR terms, DDR2 800 would be 400. Do you get it? So, DDR2 667 (DDR 333) is slower than DDR2 800 (DDR 400). If your ram is only rated at DDR2 800 (DDR 400) then when overclocking you start it at DDR2 667 (DDR 400) and clock it back up toward DDR2 800 (DDR 400). That way you don't exceed the speed capacity of the ram and create instability in the process of making the CPU go faster. Does that make sense? Since CPU speed is by far the most important factor in performance, it is worth the sacrifice to underclock the ram in order to get a higher clock on the CPU. And if you manipulate the CPU clock multiplier along with the HT reference (fsb, CPU frequency) as you clock up the ram you can usually wind up with a ram speed setting pretty close to its rated speed anyway.

Last edited:
No, 667 is the DDR2 speed. 333 is the speed expressed in DDR terms. They are the same but just expressed differently in bios. In DDR terms, DDR2 800 would be 400. Do you get it? So, DDR2 667 (DDR 333) is slower than DDR2 800 (DDR 400). If your ram is only rated at DDR2 800 (DDR 400) then when overclocking you start it at DDR2 667 (DDR 400) and clock it back up toward DDR2 800 (DDR 400). That way you don't exceed the speed capacity of the ram and create instability in the process of making the CPU go faster. Does that make sense? Since CPU speed is by far the most important factor in performance, it is worth the sacrifice to underclock the ram in order to get a higher clock on the CPU. And if you manipulate the CPU clock multiplier along with the HT reference (fsb, CPU frequency) as you clock up the ram you can usually wind up with a ram speed setting pretty close to its rated speed anyway.

ow.. I see thanks explain for me :)

I level up RAM to 667 and It get crash in OS
It won't boot
then I go for 533 that's really faster than 400 before
and FSB : DRAM = 3 : 4
Is it good ?

owh I put down the HT links to 4x it's 963,5 MHz just before 5x 1274 MHz

and it like get double speed com at all ,, really fast !!! :)

This's the picture

Attachments

• Image0200.jpg
    Image0200.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 186
  • Image0199.jpg
    Image0199.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 187
Yes, your BIOS is labeled strangely. If it's going to list numbers like that for RAM it should read DDR2 instead of DDR. Oh well, at least we got it figured out! It was may mistake to suggest DDR2-667. It should have been DDR2-533.

Everything looks good there so far. Are you stable at 242x14.5 now ...?

Fredick,

Would you do us the favor of inputing your system info in your sig so that we don't have to keep referring back to you original post to see what you are working with?

Yes, your BIOS is labeled strangely. If it's going to list numbers like that for RAM it should read DDR2 instead of DDR. Oh well, at least we got it figured out! It was may mistake to suggest DDR2-667. It should have been DDR2-533.

Everything looks good there so far. Are you stable at 242x14.5 now ...?

Yess I Should think it's stable
I left it overnight to test FPU stress and it's running good
no problem found no eror ~ :)

and that "warning message" post no more ;)

Fredick,

Would you do us the favor of inputing your system info in your sig so that we don't have to keep referring back to you original post to see what you are working with?

Ow plis forgive me , I'm forgot :chair:

Fredick, Thanks for the info in the sig. Could you add the make and model of the ram please? Could you also run CPU-z and upload pics of the following tabs: CPU, Memory, and SPD. Thanks. That would help us. Especially, I want to see what your DRAM frequency is at your current settings.

Last edited:
Fredick, Thanks for the info in the sig. Could you add the make and model of the ram please? Could you also run CPU-z and upload pics of the following tabs: CPU, Memory, and SPD. Thanks. That would help us. Especially, I want to see what your DRAM frequency is at your current settings.

you mean this ?

So the brand of your ram is V-Gen? Never heard of it.

Download the utility called CPU-z and upload the pics of those tabs, please.

You just have to run 3 instances of CPU-Z, each open to a different tab. Save it as one pic and upload.

"Save it as one pic and upload"

how to save ? there's no option ?
I'm sorry first time use this software :chair:

"Save it as one pic and upload"

how to save ? there's no option ?
I'm sorry first time use this software :chair:

Just open it three times, then set each one to a different tab, then take a screenshot (ctrl+prtsc) buttons (this is like copying it), open paint, then paste. Viola, your picture will appear hopefully.

Run CPU-z again. This time click on the "Memory" tab. Take a picture (or do a screen capture). Save it to file. Run CPU-z again. This time click on "SPD" tab. Take a pic or do a screen capture. Save it to file. Now upload those two files with your next post.

Run CPU-z again. This time click on the "Memory" tab. Take a picture (or do a screen capture). Save it to file. Run CPU-z again. This time click on "SPD" tab. Take a pic or do a screen capture. Save it to file. Now upload those two files with your next post.

ow thanks

Attachments

• New Picture.jpg
    New Picture.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 181
I just update the system

Attachments

• New Picture.jpg
    New Picture.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 145
Thank you for the pics. Your are under utilizing your ram. It is rated at DDR400 (DDR2 800) and from the memory tab in CPU-Z you can see you are only running it at DDR 313.7 (DDR2 627.4). Please try this: Lower you CPU multiplier from 14.5x to 14x. Raise the Bus Speed from 235.3 to 244. Also change your memory timings to what you see in the SPD tab under the JDEC #3 column. Especially make sure the last timing (Command Rate) is set to 2T and not 1T and the first one (CAS Latency) is set to 5. Test with Prime95. These changes will give you a CPU core speed of 3416, approximately what you are running it at now, but will result in better performance from your ram.

It also looks like your HT Link speed is unnecessarily low. There should be a setting in bios to adjust this. As long as you have it at 2000 or slightly less it shouldn't create instability. At 705.8, however, you are unnecessarily sacrificing performance.

Last edited:
Thank you for the pics. Your are under utilizing your ram. It is rated at DDR400 (DDR2 800) and from the memory tab in CPU-Z you can see you are only running it at DDR 313.7 (DDR2 627.4). Please try this: Lower you CPU multiplier from 14.5x to 14x. Raise the Bus Speed from 235.3 to 244. Also change your memory timings to what you see in the SPD tab under the JDEC #3 column. Especially make sure the last timing (Command Rate) is set to 2T and not 1T and the first one (CAS Latency) is set to 5. Test with Prime95. These changes will give you a CPU core speed of 3416, approximately what you are running it at now, but will result in better performance from your ram.

It also looks like your HT Link speed is unnecessarily low. There should be a setting in bios to adjust this. As long as you have it at 2000 or slightly less it shouldn't create instability. At 705.8, however, you are unnecessarily sacrificing performance.

"Also change your memory timings to what you see in the SPD tab under the JDEC #3 column. Especially make sure the last timing (Command Rate) is set to 2T and not 1T and the first one (CAS Latency) is set to 5"

How can I find that option ?

HT speed higher ? performance also higher ?

I need to be somewhere and I'm running late. I'll get back to you later. In the meantime, please take lots of pics of your bios tabs and their screens for me to refer to later. Please upload them in a post or if the upload is too large in several consecutive posts.

Last edited:
Back