• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
An intermediate and inexpensive step to take would be to switch to a better thermal paste. The stuff that comes with the stock coolers is not usually very good. Can you get Arctic Silver 5 locally? It may bring your temps down 2-4 degrees C, especially after the 200 hr. curing time.

nope :chair:

I can't get it here :bang head

I use a cheap one :chair: :eek:

What model is it? Says that on the page the link takes you to. It is the earlier version of the nest one but still very good and a little less expensive. The fan is not quite as fast for one thing.

Would the same CPU perform better on a board that is HT3?
Of course! :)

The HT Link is an on-board function, not a CPU (on-die) function. Each CPU has an HT Link node on it or it couldn't be part of the Link but the primary node is in the NB chipset (I think - though there are some indications it's in the SB chipset). In any event it's board specific, similar to DDR2 or DDR3 RAM with AM3 CPU's - the CPU can run either but your board only has one or the other ...

I have the 240 Regor in my wife's computer coupled with an inexpensive Foxconn AM2+ board (95W also). Nice little board really, with a modest set of overclocking features. It has that same HT1 limitation, apparently. And like with Fredick's board you can't manipulate the CPUNB apart from the HT Link. It strikes me as being more legacy AM2 than fully AM2+. Thanks for the explananation, guys.

When I use Athlon stock HSF the temperature can reach about 59º~60º C test with prime95 Torture Small FFT :shock:

Attachments

• Image0202.jpg
    Image0202.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 120
As I changed with my old Sempron HSF stock "IT EVEN BETTER"

Test with prime95 torture test Small FFT for hours only reach 52º C !!! :shock:

hahaaa :D no need a new HSF anymore :cool:

Attachments

• Image0203.jpg
    Image0203.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 78
Fantastic! Its good when we can make do with what we have or can adapt it to make it work. Yeah, the heatsinks AMD is pairing with all but their top of the line CPUs have gotten pretty pathetic these days. They were better two years ago than they are now.

Fantastic! Its good when we can make do with what we have or can adapt it to make it work. Yeah, the heatsinks AMD is pairing with all but their top of the line CPUs have gotten pretty pathetic these days. They were better two years ago than they are now.

Yup I think so.,

Maybe they make a deal with other brands :soda: ,
so we'll have buy their also :soda:

Fredick, I sense you learned a lot during this whole overclocking experience. It was a pleasure to work with you. You did good.

I'm very glad to join here ;)

And without you all I Can't do that :D

Back