• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nehalem release moved forward

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, the reviewer claimed a 10% increase in heat and a 20-30% increase in performance. If I remember correctly, that was compared with a core2quad

And reasonable they are; for a 20 - 50% increase in performance, total system power consumption only went up by 10%.

So while water cooling isn't essential, you will be able to render miracles with it. ºuº

Last edited:
Trickson, please STOP, I came here to read about Neha, not all the angst you are taking out on people over the comp.

Fud dropped some FUD today stating that the Neha Bloomfield running 2.6 will not support tri channel ram even though it's in skt 1366. I think they are confused.

Granted but if the competitor can not keep up the pace you really have no other choice at all . we can not tell Intel to slow down or stop going forward now can we?

That was the point of the other posts. People wanted to see what AMD had to offer; to compare to the upcoming nehalem processor. I don't care if its Intel CPUs or AMD CPUs forums, we're allowed to express our opinions anywhere so long as they are relative and in good taste. Nobody insulted you, so I don't know why you're going off on everyone who mentioned AMD. Feel free to report me as well, I know I haven't said anything that goes against rules.

back to the topic of monopolization, that could very well happen. And it's bad for the consumer. I'm not saying: "hey intel... slow down", I'm saying "Hey AMD... Catch up!". They need to push each other to be both competitive in price as well as performance.

Meanwhile I think my e7200 is the fastest thing in the world...especially for me...Neha is coming sooner? Dear god!

back to the topic of monopolization, that could very well happen. And it's bad for the consumer. I'm not saying: "hey intel... slow down", I'm saying "Hey AMD... Catch up!". They need to push each other to be both competitive in price as well as performance.

You expressed in words what I had in my mind but did not espress clearly enough :)

I wonder if the unlocked multiplier of their extreme chip will make much of a difference. I know the extreme uses a bus with more bandwidth, but just from the multiplier perspective x22 of the performance chip won't be much slower than x25 or x26 when it is a lower external clock speed (133MHz). I really hope the extreme doesn't bring performance gains that warrant $500 more because I don't want to spend $1k on a chip

I think "this is not gonna be cheap" coming from Brolloks means he's going to have to buy like nine CPU's and seven motherboards along with five different sets of ram before Intel comes out with Sandy Bridge...

:D :D :D

I think "this is not gonna be cheap" coming from Brolloks means he's going to have to buy like nine CPU's and seven motherboards along with five different sets of ram before Intel comes out with Sandy Bridge...

:D :D :D

LOL, you're funny...cheap is relative I guess:rolleyes:

+1 for informed discussion and non fanboyism. i own an amd, and am extremely excited about nehalem. i was reading an article that basically says that nehalem is effectively doing to penryn what c2d did to athlon x2 at intro. that is incredible.

+1K for the "catch up amd" and "keep going intel". i don't care who is winning the performance war...as long as the winner is tearing stuff up! obscenely fast is obscenely fast be it AMD or Intel... obscenely fast becomes obscenely faster when their are two or more competitors duking it out, and forcing the other to think and innovate...

competition is great...it is that simple. monopoly encourages laziness...

now i must find a way to hit the lotto or come up with some sort of immensely popular, easily produced product that will net me tons of money (see bottled water...) so that i can purchase a neha rig upon release...

LOL, you're funny...cheap is relative I guess:rolleyes:

:( Wasn't meaning to hurt your feelings, I only wish I had the disposable income to do what you do :D

I won't have the money for another major overhaul for a few more years; I try my best to keep one "platform" going for as long as possible. Case in point, my 865 motherboard lasted for almost four years, two processors and three video cards.

is there a product lineup yet? and IIRC nehalem was about 40% faster clock for clock than penryn?

i feel like the games have to catch up to the hardware. besides Crysis is there anything now or upcoming that could tax a nehalem system at all?

No competition is a bad thing, remember the P4 era where you had to shell out $1000 for a ****ty 3ghz P4 CPU?

The prices stayed that high until AMD came back with the huge release of their Socket A processers. That helped drive competion, helped the Core 2 Duos come around, and helped drive prices down.

If intel takes back over, and I mean completely like they had before with little competition, then we will be back into the high 600's and 1000's for buying a processer that should be $200-$400. It also slows down the creation of new technology if there is no competition.

As for the OC's, we better be seeing 6ghz + considering the E0 stepping can already nail 6.5ghz on dual core. :D

Back