• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New motherboard or CPU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks again for all the advice. Will post pics of temps and stuff when I mess with overclocking more.

So I tried 4.5 and had a fail on prime95. Dropped down to 4.4 and let it run for about 45 min. Here were the temps while running prime 95. I should be good to bump the voltage up a little bit to try for 4.5? IMG_2577.JPG

What are the limits I want again? I'm gonna have to bump my voltage up for 4.5

the cpu line= 70c
package = 62c

- - - Updated - - -

the way i set my cooling is just to keep cpu within 10c of package, I think the board will will save itself from you by shutting down when the cpu line goes over 90c.

Looks like 4.6 is gonna be the highest I will get... Here is a pic of temps after about 1.5 hours on prime95
IMG_2644.JPG

yes, a very nice 4.6 clock.
I would like you to use the snipping tool in windows.
find it in start button/ accessories/ snipping tool, right click and select pin to task bar, it will make your screen shots look so much better.

please also go to the cpu-z web site and download cpu-z, open enough copys, (yes, with cpu-z you can do this) to show us all the tabs.

haha I wish I knew about this tool all along. This the stuff you wanted to see? Think 4.6 is my limit?
CPU-Z.JPG Prime95pic.JPG Temps.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

CPUz.JPG cpuz1.JPG cpuz12.JPG cpuz123.JPG cpuz1234.JPG

Personally i would keep it at 4.6 yes :) its very good already for a 6 core on a budget cooler, you should be proud :)

haha I wish I knew about this tool all along. This the stuff you wanted to see? Think 4.6 is my limit?
Yeah you're about topped out. 4.6 at 1.45 V is a nice Oc. Could you click the slot #2 in the Cpu-Z spd tab so we can see what the timings info on the Ram is.
Capture.PNG

Ok timing adjustment time. See your timings in the Cpu-Z memory tab of 11-11-11-28-45, set them manually to the XMP-1866 profile in the Cpu-Z spd tab except the Command rate keep that on Auto. The 3t is an error I've seen with Cpu-Z and the Sabertooth board, it does the same with my Sabertooth.

I know pictures like this suck but I cant use that tool in the bios lol. I just wanna see what all I need to change and if I am even in the right place. I dont want to do anything to mess up what I have so far. Thanks for everyones help. I think I've almost got it!!
IMG_2646[1].JPG
IMG_2647[1].JPG

Back