• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NFS:MW Full Game

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enigma422

Well, who has it? What do you guys think of it? I went and picked up a copy for my XBox so I can race friends and have a copy I preordered for my PC coming from Amazon.

I like the game though I do have some beefs with it. For one thing, the traction of the cars haven't really improved over the demo. You will still have a hard time trying to peel out when stopped by cops or when you hit something hard, and I really hate the map and GPS system. I can't find any option to rotate the map and it's really no help when your trying to find something. The GPS system is slow, at times telling me to turn after I passed the turn I was suppose to take.

Other than that the racing is fun though, at the stage of the game I'm on, pretty easy and I like the selection of cars, a mix of tuners and exotics, though I wish there would have been a bigger selection, more like the selection of cars in Midnight Club 3. Can't really comment on the graphics yet since right now still playing the XBox version, but its pretty good for an XBox, but doesn't come close to the detail and crispness of the demo on my PC. IMO worth the buy if your a NFS and/or arcade style racing fan.

Yeah it came out today, and I already have it, I dont mind the traction and some of the handling issues, but I feel the lack of customizablity from 2 didnt carry much over. Granted I havnt played all that much yet, but I am realy impressed, and even more impressed that I can play the game at max details. :D

EA Games must of used a 6800GT to create the games at full whack nice to see they are still. Most companies would use the latest 7800 series etc for games but I suppose they realise that not many people. Who have just or have got a 6800 series can upgrade to a 7800 series card.

I'm waiting for my mate to get it on X-B.R.I.C.K 360 I don't own consoles anymore prefer PC.

Last edited:
Well, I figured out how to make the free roam map rotate, it was right in front of my face the whole time, DoH! :banghead

shard said:
Yeah it came out today, and I already have it, I dont mind the traction and some of the handling issues, but I feel the lack of customizablity from 2 didnt carry much over.

I do agree with this. While there is a good selection of items you can use to customize your car U2 had more options, but then the degree of customization in this game is no where close to Midnight Club 3 which I wish they would release for the PC.

OMG OMGZ0rZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I load up this game, right? Within ten seconds, I'm already racing my Track-ready M3 against a MUSTANG AND HE'LL SWAP PAINT IF HE HAS TO! I'm pretty scared at this point because we're racing for pink slips(They are yellow here) so I call my friends over to help me make sure I don't mess this up.
So my friends Axel, DashoMotu, Grinder and of course Wrench are all next to me and the race starts. WOW!

All this money on the car, and I have to use the suspension from my grandfather's '81 Cutlass. It's ok though, because my car does 0-60 in about 1 second. Pretty close to a funny car, not bad!

Well, it turns out Joey Sunglasses set my car up to be destroyed, but then he fixed it up(BMW engines are cheap, especially ones with forced induction and independent throttle bodies) and uses it to get all the way up the blacklist!

Well, thankfully, a girl I met yesterday is loaning me $30,000 to buy a brand new car to race. I bought the IS300, because everywhere I go, they start at 30k, and that's the base model before I get any real options, I can't pass up value like that, and honestly, with $30,000, what better car to buy than a 2006 bone stock IS300? A Fiat! Well, maybe.

--

In all honesty, the game is fun, over-the-top cheesy, but pretty fun. This would be a good game to have beaten so you have all the fun cars and play against your freinds when you're bored. It just really, really bothered me how bad that M3 handled, like, not even funny.

I miss the style points or whatever they were called. What happened to getting points for close calls, n20 purges, clean runs, and drafting? I can't draft at all in this one.

Fun? Yeah. Worth $60? No.

It's not underground, theres no "street racing" style to it, which makes me very happy. This is much like Hot Pursuit 2, and that game was crazy awesome.

shard said:
Yeah it came out today, and I already have it, I dont mind the traction and some of the handling issues, but I feel the lack of customizablity from 2 didnt carry much over. Granted I havnt played all that much yet, but I am realy impressed, and even more impressed that I can play the game at max details. :D

you mean need for speed: underground 2?

need for speed 2 wasn't very customisable at all.

SavageBasher said:
It's not underground, theres no "street racing" style to it, which makes me very happy. This is much like Hot Pursuit 2, and that game was crazy awesome.

I know, my only beef about Hot Pursuit 2 was the lack of customisation options compared with need for speed 5.

tom10167 said:
OMG OMGZ0rZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I load up this game, right? Within ten seconds, I'm already racing my Track-ready M3 against a MUSTANG AND HE'LL SWAP PAINT IF HE HAS TO! I'm pretty scared at this point because we're racing for pink slips(They are yellow here) so I call my friends over to help me make sure I don't mess this up.
So my friends Axel, DashoMotu, Grinder and of course Wrench are all next to me and the race starts. WOW!

All this money on the car, and I have to use the suspension from my grandfather's '81 Cutlass. It's ok though, because my car does 0-60 in about 1 second. Pretty close to a funny car, not bad!

Well, it turns out Joey Sunglasses set my car up to be destroyed, but then he fixed it up(BMW engines are cheap, especially ones with forced induction and independent throttle bodies) and uses it to get all the way up the blacklist!

Well, thankfully, a girl I met yesterday is loaning me $30,000 to buy a brand new car to race. I bought the IS300, because everywhere I go, they start at 30k, and that's the base model before I get any real options, I can't pass up value like that, and honestly, with $30,000, what better car to buy than a 2006 bone stock IS300? A Fiat! Well, maybe.

--

In all honesty, the game is fun, over-the-top cheesy, but pretty fun. This would be a good game to have beaten so you have all the fun cars and play against your freinds when you're bored. It just really, really bothered me how bad that M3 handled, like, not even funny.

I miss the style points or whatever they were called. What happened to getting points for close calls, n20 purges, clean runs, and drafting? I can't draft at all in this one.

Fun? Yeah. Worth $60? No.

LOL that was pretty funny, I just got the game and I gotta agree 100% the dialouge is 100% fast N the furious grade cheesy. "First im gonna take your ride then im gonna take your girl" I miss all that stuff from nfsu2 also but the cops in this one makes it so much more fun. if only we couldve had cops in nfsu2 along with the more exotic cars

just wondering where everyone is in game. so far im #10 on the blacklist. Cant wait to get my hands on the more exotic cars

The music was the first thing to go.
Second was the over to top screen effects.

Tomorrow I need to find a way to make it actually look good and maybe (tho it doesnt look possible) find a way to program out the deadspots on my gamepads joystick.

Right now I'm pretty dissapointed and more than a little angry. I would be feeling much worse if I hadnt picked up the Black Edition for $49.99 at BestBuy (when thats what they list the regular version for on their website)

Ok...so I'm on Blacklist #11...

I've beaten 4 guys, and I haven't won anyones pink slip yet! I'm still running that blasted Cobalt SS...and I just abused a short sprint race over and over to buy the Lancer.

I've only gotten two markers to spend per racer, I always put one in the "Unique Performance" and one into a random slot...am I just unlucky?

Back